Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
sophaylavender, titianfire, kitchenvibe, Sandra Gail, aznovel
56986 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56986 Members
417 Forums
112493 Topics
795053 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 716
Beetlemess 710
Karm - SW USA Editor 285
Nancy Roussy 180
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 165
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 124
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 116
Linu 114
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 109
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 95
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#448705 - 08/31/08 05:24 PM Re: What's Your Biggest Vegetarian Challenge? [Re: Jason - Vegetarian/PC]
Rosie 66 Offline
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

There's more to this than i thought. No wonder my tofu was just tofu smile
Great tips
My son does all the vegan cooking at his home, some of you guys are great cooks. I raised him alone so he didn't learn from me.

Add Re: What's Your Biggest Vegetarian Challenge? to Twitter Add Re: What's Your Biggest Vegetarian Challenge? to Facebook Add Re: What's Your Biggest Vegetarian Challenge? to MySpace Add Re: What's Your Biggest Vegetarian Challenge? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What's Your Biggest Vegetarian Challenge? Add Re: What's Your Biggest Vegetarian Challenge? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: What's Your Biggest Vegetarian Challenge? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: What's Your Biggest Vegetarian Challenge? to Stumbleupon Add Re: What's Your Biggest Vegetarian Challenge? to Reddit
#448706 - 08/31/08 05:24 PM Re: What's Your Biggest Vegetarian Challenge? [Re: Jason - Vegetarian/PC]
ChelleT&L Offline
Chimpanzee

Loc: Lake Lanier, Georgia
I have a tip on the grilling thing.

Yes, grilling meat does smell wonderful - but if you get the wood chips (mesquite, maple, hickory) and grill your veggies using the chips in addition to charcoal, and you can still get that wonderful smell (and a grest taste) on your veggies, too.

You can also throw some herbs onto the fire to add an aromatic flavor to your vegetables.

It's not quite the same as meat, but just having that smoky flavor and smell can help satisfy.

Add Re: What's Your Biggest Vegetarian Challenge? to Twitter Add Re: What's Your Biggest Vegetarian Challenge? to Facebook Add Re: What's Your Biggest Vegetarian Challenge? to MySpace Add Re: What's Your Biggest Vegetarian Challenge? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What's Your Biggest Vegetarian Challenge? Add Re: What's Your Biggest Vegetarian Challenge? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: What's Your Biggest Vegetarian Challenge? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: What's Your Biggest Vegetarian Challenge? to Stumbleupon Add Re: What's Your Biggest Vegetarian Challenge? to Reddit
#448709 - 08/31/08 05:31 PM Re: What's Your Biggest Vegetarian Challenge? [Re: ChelleT&L]
Rosie 66 Offline

Michelle, thanks for sharing

#448711 - 08/31/08 05:41 PM Re: What's Your Biggest Vegetarian Challenge? [Re: ChelleT&L]
Jason - Vegetarian/PC Offline
Shark

Thanks Michelle,

This is very true and there's nothing like that nice smokey flavor to get the appetite going.

Now for those of you who may not have a grill or are in an apartment that doesn't allow grilling on the patio and such you can get a similar flavoring from adding a little chipotle to your tofu, veggies, even some of your non-sweet fruits like zucchini and chayote squash.

It's a beautiful way to both ground and lift your meals. Almost sounds like a contradiction, but once you try it out you'll see what I mean.

And Rosie...

By the time we're finished with this challenge I would be surprised if you haven't developed a love for cooking.

Once you get your system down and the food comes out so mouthwatering good and you see just how simple it can be, I think it'll make a convert out of you.

But I'm only speculating. whistle
Personal Chef Marketing Channel
Personal Chef Website

#449651 - 09/04/08 01:04 PM Re: What's Your Biggest Vegetarian Challenge? [Re: Robin - Fragrance Editor]
Shark

I thought we'd take a poll to get a feel of some of your biggest vegetarian challenges.
Biggest Veggie Challenge Poll
Multiple choices allowed

Votes accepted starting: 09/04/08 01:02 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

Edited by Jason - Vegetarian Site (09/04/08 01:05 PM)
Personal Chef Website

#449661 - 09/04/08 01:32 PM Re: What's Your Biggest Vegetarian Challenge? [Re: Jason - Vegetarian/PC]
Rosie 66 Offline

I picked the first 2, but Jason gonna change that, and show me differently wink
Right Jason!

#449674 - 09/04/08 02:36 PM Re: What's Your Biggest Vegetarian Challenge? [Re: Rosie 66]
SCTravel&SeniorLivingEd Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

I picked none of the above. My biggest challenge is balancing vegetarian--protein and carb restriction--for a type 2 diabetic family member. And I should add that it is also about variety, so meals are more about what he can have and not always about what he can't have.

#449763 - 09/04/08 07:15 PM Re: What's Your Biggest Vegetarian Challenge? [Re: SCTravel&SeniorLivingEd]
Shark

Right Rosie crazy wink LOL laugh
Personal Chef Website

#449764 - 09/04/08 07:16 PM Re: What's Your Biggest Vegetarian Challenge? [Re: SCTravel&SeniorLivingEd]
Shark

Hi Marilyn,

Thanks for sharing. We'll have to explore those avenues as well.
Personal Chef Website

#451506 - 09/11/08 06:54 AM Re: What's Your Biggest Vegetarian Challenge? [Re: Jason - Vegetarian/PC]
Shark

I just published a new article on shortcutting your cooking process. Let me know if you find it helpful.

There will be a follow up article to build upon this one.
Personal Chef Website

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Lisa's Daily 10pm EST / 8pm MST Meditation
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Meditation
26 minutes 0 seconds ago
Salad Time
Low Carb
55 minutes 48 seconds ago
Weekly Monday Weigh-In
Low Carb
58 minutes 13 seconds ago
How a Bad Attitude Hurts the Job Search
by Dianne W - Editor
Job Search
Today at 08:46 PM
Using Loose Pigments
by Kelly Tager
Cosmetics
Today at 08:05 PM
Sandwich du jour
by Debbie-SpiritualityEditor
Sandwiches
Today at 07:55 PM
Get Longer and Fuller Looking Lashes
by Kelly Tager
Cosmetics
Today at 07:55 PM
Red Wine Question.....
Wine
Today at 07:52 PM
Using Lip Liner and Lipstick
by Kelly Tager
Cosmetics
Today at 07:46 PM
Simply Living
Inspiration
Today at 07:42 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
3 registered (Allyson - USACook/HomeCook, Anjel37, 1 invisible), 159 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.