Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
purat, Kellyack91, sienawilson, test18818, Home Circus
56584 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56585 Members
417 Forums
111492 Topics
786321 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 273
Nancy Roussy 173
Rosie 66 156
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 132
loongdragon 111
James Andrew 109
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 70
Jilly 69
Lestie4containergardens 67
Susan - Meditation Editor 52
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#445427 - 08/19/08 08:28 AM Power Struggles and Parental Anger
Nicki - BF & EC Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

When your kids make you crazy, do you ever plan a way out? My daughter and I have a couple games we can play to help us reconnect and exit the conflict. Take a look at my article, and share some strategies of your own!

Power Struggles and Parental Anger

Nicki

Add Power Struggles and Parental Anger to Twitter Add Power Struggles and Parental Anger to Facebook Add Power Struggles and Parental Anger to MySpace Add Power Struggles and Parental Anger to Del.icio.us Digg Power Struggles and Parental Anger Add Power Struggles and Parental Anger to Yahoo My Web Add Power Struggles and Parental Anger to Google Bookmarks Add Power Struggles and Parental Anger to Stumbleupon Add Power Struggles and Parental Anger to Reddit
#447075 - 08/26/08 12:35 AM Re: Power Struggles and Parental Anger [Re: Nicki - BF & EC Editor]
elle Offline
Koala

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
I love the way you handle those situations with humour. Such a good idea - I'm sure it will build a good communication base for her teen years.

My cousin just smacks her daughter for the slightest reason, usually while the little girl thinks she's being cute or funny (ie, other people are laughing and smiling at her), but she suddenly gets punished. I feel so sorry for her. I can just see that my cousin is turning into my mother.

Edited by elle Fiction Ed (08/26/08 12:39 AM)

Add Re: Power Struggles and Parental Anger to Twitter Add Re: Power Struggles and Parental Anger to Facebook Add Re: Power Struggles and Parental Anger to MySpace Add Re: Power Struggles and Parental Anger to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Power Struggles and Parental Anger Add Re: Power Struggles and Parental Anger to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Power Struggles and Parental Anger to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Power Struggles and Parental Anger to Stumbleupon Add Re: Power Struggles and Parental Anger to Reddit
#452752 - 09/16/08 10:26 AM Re: Power Struggles and Parental Anger [Re: elle]
momonline Offline

Thank you for all your wonderful ideas. I'm going to try them with my kids.

Add Re: Power Struggles and Parental Anger to Twitter Add Re: Power Struggles and Parental Anger to Facebook Add Re: Power Struggles and Parental Anger to MySpace Add Re: Power Struggles and Parental Anger to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Power Struggles and Parental Anger Add Re: Power Struggles and Parental Anger to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Power Struggles and Parental Anger to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Power Struggles and Parental Anger to Stumbleupon Add Re: Power Struggles and Parental Anger to Reddit
#481576 - 01/04/09 04:05 AM Re: Power Struggles and Parental Anger [Re: momonline]
SpillZone Offline

When I'm having a busy or stressful day, my children will sometimes resort to misbehaving to get attention. But sometimes, unlike the examples in Nicki's article, the problem is mainly mine. crazy

So instead of snapping, I need to direct my attention to ENJOYING my kids. I've written up some ideas for activities to try when I am starting to get stressed out and need to get things headed in a more positive direction for all of us! grin

8 Simple Stress-Busters for Frazzled Parents and Kids

Edited by SpillZone (01/04/09 04:10 AM)

#523405 - 05/27/09 05:45 PM Re: Power Struggles and Parental Anger [Re: SpillZone]
hipmum Offline
Amoeba

Here's another great article that will help parents to deal with their guilt and anger.

Parental Guilt & Anger

Moderator:  Nicki - BF & EC Editor 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
William Shakespeare or Wilhelm Shakespeare?
by Deb - Animal Life
German Culture
14 minutes 51 seconds ago
Weathering the Rejection Letter
by Corlia - Unemployment Editor
Unemployment
Today at 09:05 PM
What did you SPEND money on today?
by Angie
Frugal Living
Today at 08:38 PM
Extreme Frugal Confessions
by AKLisa- Knitting Editor
Frugal Living
Today at 06:42 PM
Gardening Bumper Stickers
by Francine - German Culture
Container Gardening
Today at 06:17 PM
100$ Gas Gift Card - Shell,Exxon,BP,Sunoc
co

by purat
Freebies
Today at 05:54 PM
The Bar Method a Body Sculpting Workout
by Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor
Exercise
Today at 04:37 PM
What did you donate or recycle today?
by Jilly
Frugal Living
Today at 04:29 PM
What exercise did you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Exercise
Today at 04:26 PM
Spring and German Farmhouses
by Francine - German Culture
German Culture
Today at 04:16 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Izeigo), 150 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.