Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Uzzal Hossain, tmelton, ninahaska, ovinovin7, amrapaligolf
56557 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56557 Members
417 Forums
111413 Topics
785862 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 265
Nancy Roussy 172
loongdragon 154
Rosie 66 140
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 136
James Andrew 99
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 97
Lestie4containergardens 56
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 54
Mona - Astronomy 49
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#439322 - 07/30/08 01:53 AM Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA
Judie Quilting Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Hi everyone, I've just posted the Rhode Island State Quilt Block as part of the State Block Series, and I'm thinking of doing a series of Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA. In 1912, a competition was held (similar to the State quilt block competition) to gather the quilt blocks of each of the state capitals. A book was published with these blocks and I'd like to present them here on the BellaOnline Quilting site. Would readers be interested in that series? I'd love to have some feedback.
Cheerio for now

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting

Add Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA to Twitter Add Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA to Facebook Add Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA to MySpace Add Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA to Del.icio.us Digg Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA Add Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA to Yahoo My Web Add Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA to Google Bookmarks Add Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA to Stumbleupon Add Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA to Reddit
#439330 - 07/30/08 02:58 AM Re: Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA [Re: Judie Quilting Editor]
Wanetha Offline

I would love to see State Pattern Blocks! This Rhode Island Block is one I am going to do with tongue in cheek. I will be doing it in Red and White - "Rhode Island Red".
Wanetha

Add Re: Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA to Twitter Add Re: Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA to Facebook Add Re: Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA to MySpace Add Re: Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA Add Re: Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA to Stumbleupon Add Re: Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA to Reddit
#439331 - 07/30/08 03:00 AM Re: Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA [Re: Judie Quilting Editor]
memere60 Offline

Hi Judie... am new to this site.not sure if this is where I need to aske this question...I saved a few of the State Quilt blocks to "Delicious"... My only problem now is I cannot figure out how to get to them so I can make them....Also am I allowed to print the directions for my use to make the block. Is there any place that I am unaware of that explains how to do this...Also I think State Capital blocks to go with the state blocks is a wonderful idea...Memere60

Add Re: Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA to Twitter Add Re: Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA to Facebook Add Re: Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA to MySpace Add Re: Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA Add Re: Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA to Stumbleupon Add Re: Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA to Reddit
#439360 - 07/30/08 07:35 AM Re: Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA [Re: memere60]
Judie Quilting Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Hi memere60, thanks for your message. I'm not sure what Delicious is but I'm guessing it's a title in our favourites. Not sure how I can help you there, but there is an "implied" permission for you to download the instructions and use them for your own use. So go right ahead. Thanks too for your comment about the state capitals.
Cheerio for now

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting

#439418 - 07/30/08 12:58 PM Re: Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA [Re: Wanetha]
quilt3311 Offline

Loc: Nebraska
I would love to see the blocks. I have collected patterns for years but these will be some I have not seen before. Thanks so much for sharing. Will be anxious to see them. The remainder of the state blocks will be fun too.

#439447 - 07/30/08 02:33 PM Re: Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA [Re: Judie Quilting Editor]
LindaW Offline

Loc: Virginia
The colors that you've used in the pattern, are they suggested colors or is it totally up to the quilter?

#439448 - 07/30/08 02:35 PM Re: Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA [Re: Judie Quilting Editor]
LindaW Offline

Loc: Virginia
In your search for patterns for the state capitals, could you also collect those for the State flowers?

#439460 - 07/30/08 03:18 PM Re: Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA [Re: LindaW]
Donna Rae Offline
Amoeba

Loc: Greenville, SC
Hi, everyone. I have been going to the Bellonline site for it seems like forever, and just now joined the forum. Boy this is a large forum with so many boards to get involved with. Awesome. Anyway, this is probably the wrong place to be writing about just joining but I want to include YES to the State Blocks. I was going to start making the blocks already done a long time ago but did not because I did not want to have another UFO. But I will definitly start making them if we are going to get the rest. Thanks for sure. I am on board!( Yes Pun intended (-: )

Edited by Donna Rae (07/30/08 03:48 PM)

#439465 - 07/30/08 03:42 PM Re: Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA [Re: Judie Quilting Editor]
GallopingButterfly Offline

Loc: Washington State
Thank you for revitalizing the State Blocks. And my vote is "FOR" State Capital blocks. My husband and I visit state capitals as we travel around the US. Marble and granite floor patterns make wonderful quilt patterns. I have a collection of fabric that resemble marble so I can someday make a quilt from these patterns that symbolize our travels. Maybe I should get started and do one after each capital visit so I don't end up with 50 to do at one time. Thanks for listening to my think my way through this plan. LOL

#439534 - 07/30/08 07:41 PM Re: Quilt Blocks of the State Capitals of the USA [Re: Judie Quilting Editor]
CDM Offline

Loc: Mooresville, NC
Hi Judie, THANKS so much for picking up the State Quilt Blocks Series. That is how I found BellaOnline in the first place. I have the book that was reprinted in the 1970's and have been working on making a block for each of the 7 states in which I have lived. The directions in the book use templates instead of measurements. I prefer quick measurements to messing with templates, when possible. I have also found that there are different variations to some of the blocks. Some are even totally different. Anyway, it is a fun way to remember all of my homes. I Love your newsletter. CDM

Purple is not a color...it is a way of life!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Judie Quilting Editor 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Alternative Investments for the Small Investor
by Sandra - Investing
Investing
54 minutes 38 seconds ago
What Happens During Sleep?
by Jori-ND Editor
Neuromuscular Diseases
Today at 09:50 AM
Lunar Eclipse coming soon - Mark your calendar!
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 09:33 AM
Ten Healthy Substitutions When Baking
by Michelle -Chocolate
Chocolate
Today at 09:00 AM
Soup du jour
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Sandwiches
Today at 04:30 AM
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 02:34 AM
2014 Eating Log
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
Today at 02:31 AM
What did you dream about last night?
by Nancy Roussy
Dreams
Today at 02:27 AM
Frugal Sewing Basics
by John Alexander
Sewing
Today at 01:16 AM
How to Thread a Sewing Machine
by John Alexander
Sewing
Today at 01:14 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
2 registered (Izeigo, Cheryll - Bahá'í Life), 57 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.