Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
bertinglebra, ostabest, spoodle22, KaylaWa, Marie Stroman
57465 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57466 Members
417 Forums
113610 Topics
806775 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 416
Nancy Roussy 230
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 100
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 66
Jana - Creativity Editor 60
Mona - Astronomy 59
Beetlemess 49
Sandra Investing/HFinance 48
Susan - Meditation Editor 39
mary-tea1 18
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#435361 - 07/14/08 11:42 AM Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em?
Nancy - Baby Names Editor Offline
Parakeet

Loc: USA
Angelina and Brad welcomed twins Knox Leon (boy) and Vivienne Marcheline (girl) the other day in France.

Do you like the names?

And, do you like the names of the first four (Maddox, Pax, Zahara, and Shiloh)?

Edited by Nancy R Callahan (07/14/08 11:55 AM)

Add Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? to Twitter Add Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? to Facebook Add Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? to MySpace Add Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? to Del.icio.us Digg Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? Add Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? to Yahoo My Web Add Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? to Google Bookmarks Add Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? to Stumbleupon Add Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? to Reddit
#435413 - 07/14/08 03:56 PM Re: Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? [Re: Nancy - Baby Names Editor]
Nancy - Baby Names Editor Offline
Parakeet

Loc: USA
I just noticed an article in which various baby name "experts" graded the twins' names...

Whitney Walker
Knox Leon: B-minus, Vivienne Marcheline: B-plus.

Maryanna Korwitts
Knox Leon: D-plus, Vivienne Marcheline: C.

Jennifer Moss
GRADE: Knox Leon: B, Vivienne Marcheline, A.

What would you grade the names?

Edited by Nancy R Callahan (07/14/08 03:56 PM)

Add Re: Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? to Twitter Add Re: Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? to Facebook Add Re: Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? to MySpace Add Re: Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? Add Re: Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? to Reddit
#435427 - 07/14/08 05:33 PM Re: Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? [Re: Nancy - Baby Names Editor]
elle Offline
Koala

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
I like them, especially Vivienne. I was really surprised that for once we have celebrity babies with fairly normal names.

As for a grade, I think I would say:

Vivienne: A
Marcheline: D

Knox: B
Leon: E

But then (hopefully) they won't be using the second names too much, so that's an A and a B for the names they'll be using.

(Although maybe Vivienne will do like her mother and use her second name as a professional surname, in which case Marcheline makes quite a nice sounding surname and pairs really well with Vivienne. I can just see the billing for her on a poster...)

Add Re: Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? to Twitter Add Re: Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? to Facebook Add Re: Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? to MySpace Add Re: Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? Add Re: Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? to Reddit
#435431 - 07/14/08 05:48 PM Re: Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? [Re: elle]
kristen houghton Offline
Parakeet

Loc: SPAM-A-LOT
My twins are Tracey Christina and Melissa Marie. I can't tell you how many people said I should have "rhyming" names like Melissa and Marissa or Tracey and Stacey!

Kristen

Kristen Houghton
Author and Relationship Writer
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

#435436 - 07/14/08 06:15 PM Re: Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? [Re: kristen houghton]
Lady J Offline
Elephant

Loc: West Central IL (USA)
i actually love the names she gave the babies

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!

#435455 - 07/14/08 07:54 PM Re: Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? [Re: Lady J]
Vi - Blogs/Small Office Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Pennsylvania
Kristen, good thing you didn't listen to that advice. I think that is as unpopular as naming conventions in children's books when they do something silly like Dopey Dog, Lucky Duck...professionals advise against that.

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

"Energy rightly applied and directed will accomplish anything" ~ Nellie Bly

#435459 - 07/14/08 08:07 PM Re: Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? [Re: Vi - Blogs/Small Office]
Robin - Fragrance Editor Offline
Parakeet

Loc: Land O Lakes, FL
I like both names and don't think they are too far off the norm.

Hey - at least with Apple, her middle name wasn't Py (was it?)

#435462 - 07/14/08 08:37 PM Re: Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? [Re: Lady J]
Angela, Pregnancy Editor Offline
Gecko

I am pregnant with a little boy - my third baby...but if he had been a girl I was wanting to name her Vivian Rose. I LOVE Vivian...their spelling choice is unusual but not horrible.

Angela <><

#436082 - 07/17/08 12:20 AM Re: Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? [Re: Nancy - Baby Names Editor]
elle Offline
Koala

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
I forgot to answer the second part of your original question:

I love that all the boys' names end in X. I think that's really cute and inclusive, a unity between adopted and biological. However, what I don't really like about the names is that there is no easy (and cool) nickname for any of them.

I don't really like "Zahara" - I find it a hard sounding name. And "Shiloh" just sounds too much like Shakespeare's Shylock to me, so I keep picturing a scrawny old guy with a grey beard.

#446041 - 08/21/08 06:41 AM Re: Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? [Re: elle]
Queen Mab Offline

These names are fairly classic.

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Post Here to FIND or BE a beta reader of fiction!
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Fiction Writing
Yesterday at 09:55 PM
What Did You Write Today?
by Grace - Mystery Movies
Fiction Writing
Yesterday at 08:00 PM
The Haunting of Julia
by Grace - Mystery Movies
Mystery Movies
Yesterday at 07:55 PM
Lisa's Daily 10pm EST / 8pm MST Meditation
Meditation
Yesterday at 05:46 PM
Winter Solstice Mused Literary Review is LIVE
Poetry
Yesterday at 03:42 PM
Earth from Space - beautiful images
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Yesterday at 02:54 PM
What did you SPEND money on today?
by Nancy Roussy
Frugal Living
Yesterday at 12:18 PM
Winter Solstice in Ireland
by Bee - IrishCulture
Irish Culture
Yesterday at 09:58 AM
While you Were Sleeping Movie Review
by Mystic - Romance Movies
Romance Movies
Yesterday at 09:23 AM
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Yesterday at 08:37 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Mona - Astronomy), 60 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.