Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
faclinic, Vermontwhitewolf, zenwindowsboston, protegopooja24, Ellie Radu - CF Editor
57237 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57237 Members
417 Forums
113103 Topics
801829 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 868
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 520
Beetlemess 220
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 138
Nancy Roussy 118
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 115
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 69
Jana - Creativity Editor 69
Sandra Investing/HFinance 51
Susan - Meditation Editor 46
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#394994 - 03/18/08 08:32 PM Re: How many wheels do you have? [Re: skinnyspinner]
Llyn Offline
Gecko

Loc: USA
Hi Sue,

The yarns I spun for fly fishing were 100% mylar 2 plied. I gave it up in favor of concentrating on spinning my own stuff when my hands started bothering me.

Add Re: How many wheels do you have? to Twitter Add Re: How many wheels do you have? to Facebook Add Re: How many wheels do you have? to MySpace Add Re: How many wheels do you have? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: How many wheels do you have? Add Re: How many wheels do you have? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: How many wheels do you have? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: How many wheels do you have? to Stumbleupon Add Re: How many wheels do you have? to Reddit
#395034 - 03/18/08 09:21 PM Re: How many wheels do you have? [Re: skinnyspinner]
Llyn Offline
Gecko

Loc: USA
Hi Sue,

I have Sharon's book on Heirloom Lace knitting. It's beyond my lace knitting capabilities at the moment...but I'll get there given enough time. I have gotten through an EZ Pi shawl and think maybe a hap shawl next...then maybe the fine lace smile

Add Re: How many wheels do you have? to Twitter Add Re: How many wheels do you have? to Facebook Add Re: How many wheels do you have? to MySpace Add Re: How many wheels do you have? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: How many wheels do you have? Add Re: How many wheels do you have? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: How many wheels do you have? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: How many wheels do you have? to Stumbleupon Add Re: How many wheels do you have? to Reddit
#401170 - 03/31/08 07:44 PM Re: How many wheels do you have? [Re: Sue - Spinning Editor]
Pitty Offline

Loc: Berlin, Germany
ehh, does this sounds crazy?
I got 3 working ones, one build in the 70's, one Ashford Joy and another german one, 2 upright ones build to be lamps, but workable after I redid them, 2 in the basement waiting to be redone and a few small model ones, one of them a child wheel or so...workable, but needs to be redone. then I make drop spindles, got several of them.
Since my son left to be in the German Airforce I claimed his room to be my spinning room and got the Joy in the livingroom to work with while watching tv. So Brock has to share his room with my flock of wheels, when he comes home on weekend leave crazy

Edited by Pitty (03/31/08 07:45 PM)

#401192 - 03/31/08 08:48 PM Re: How many wheels do you have? [Re: Sue - Spinning Editor]
WestCoastDenise Offline
Shark

Loc: Oregon
I have 0 wheels but I'd love to get one soon. In the meantime, I'd like to get a drop spindle to create yarn for my 2 weaving looms.

#414169 - 05/03/08 02:43 AM Re: How many wheels do you have? [Re: jacquiw]
ancientflaxman
Unregistered

I have nine antique wheels that I teach with. Flax spinning seems to demand wheels like the early American flax wheels as the ratios; whorl to bobbin pulley seem to be very accurate. I can't believe the low prices that antique wheels go for at these farm auctions here in central Minnesota. I was really surprized at one a few years back that went for $1500.00!!!!! Then I found out what was going on. The auction was for the parents of kids doing the bidding and a few of them really wanted the wheel which was not anything unusual. Other than an original castle wheel I can not see that kind of money for a spinning wheel. I love to tease my brothers when I tell them that spinning wheels give me "warm fuzzies". They just roll their eyes and look at each other like I was left on mom and dads doorstep by gypsies. They seem to get warm fizzies when they go out and shoot a beautiful deer and take it home and eat it. Can you imagine??? Forgive me all of you avid hunters but I just can not look into those beautiful soft deer eyes and pull the trigger.

#421295 - 05/26/08 02:59 AM Re: How many wheels do you have? [Re: Sue - Spinning Editor]
Karen_C Offline

Loc: WA, USA
I have 2. One is not currently functional. Antique-broken flyer.
The other I bought from a shop in The Netherlands via Ebay. He refurbishes and tests them and then offers them for sale. It is old, but the company that made it, still exists. I'm getting used to the 'feel' of it. It's a saxony style, kind of small wheel, but it spins.

#427023 - 06/16/08 02:39 AM Re: How many wheels do you have? [Re: Karen_C]
Lorna L. Leight Offline

Loc: az
I have one. I've only been spinning for a year now. It's a Louet Victoria S95. It came with it's own carrying case which makes it very easy to go to a spinning group I'm a member of. The fact that it's lightweight is a plus too.
Lorna

#430935 - 06/28/08 10:32 AM Re: How many wheels do you have? [Re: Karen_C]
ancientflaxman
Unregistered

I have 7 or 8 extra antique flyers with bobbin and whorls if you are interested.

Edited by ancientflaxman (06/28/08 10:33 AM)

#430936 - 06/28/08 10:35 AM Re: How many wheels do you have? [Re: Lorna L. Leight]
ancientflaxman
Unregistered

That is a very nice wheel!! Enjoy!!!!

#443058 - 08/11/08 10:36 PM Re: How many wheels do you have? [Re: jacquiw]
OldTownTreadles Offline

How many wheels? I'm just getting started! I don't know where it will end, but currently, I have an Ashford Traveller in my office, and an Ashford Trad (old style) in my Bedroom. But I've been at it for less than a month. Give me time.

I have plans to make one of those box wheels, at the moment I can't remember how to spell them, they're usually imported from India and have a spindle rather than a flier??? Anyhow, I have rudimentary plans, now to just get time and the power tools together...

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Laun-spinning editor 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
What Did You Write Today?
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Fiction Writing
Yesterday at 10:53 PM
Lisa's Daily 10pm EST / 8pm MST Meditation
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Meditation
Yesterday at 10:17 PM
I Lost Almost Everything
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Yesterday at 07:02 PM
Starting a yoga practice
by Pam - Senior Issues
Senior Issues
Yesterday at 05:58 PM
Salvaging a Dry Roast
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Sandwiches
Yesterday at 05:19 PM
Shopping at Walmart Game
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Home Finance
Yesterday at 04:08 PM
Where do you walk?
by SusanC
Walking
Yesterday at 03:37 PM
Buddha's Daughters - Book Review
by Lisa - Buddhism
Buddhism
Yesterday at 03:26 PM
Mindfulness and Meditation in Plain English
by Lisa - Buddhism
Buddhism
Yesterday at 03:14 PM
For your calendar - a lunar eclipse is coming up
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Yesterday at 03:10 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.