Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
madhvi, daves101, JuneJenny, debbiebbb, Anne_0921
56592 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56592 Members
417 Forums
111498 Topics
786363 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 284
Nancy Roussy 174
Rosie 66 154
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 130
loongdragon 114
James Andrew 108
Lestie4containergardens 72
Jilly 69
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 69
Susan - Meditation Editor 52
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#416995 - 05/10/08 10:46 PM No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

It seems we have a number of members in this forum who do not like to cook. There are LOTS of healthy things you can eat that are very tasty - and that don't require any cooking.

First, of course, come salads. You can make salads in a NUMBER of ways. There are all sorts of salad mix styles with different types of lettuce or spinach. Add in carrots, little tomatoes, bits of broccoli, bacon bits, green peppers, etc. There are all sorts of cheese styles to put on top. Have a variety of dressings around so you can vary them from day to day.

You can have a salad every day and not have the same one twice for weeks!

Tuna fish is always a staple. You can add it to a salad, have it alone, mix it with capers, olives, pickles. Have it with cottage cheese or yogurt.

Next, sandwiches on whole wheat / high fiber bread, or a pita wrap. Add in cheese, lettuce, pickles, a variety of deli meats. Go with low-sugar PB and low-sugar jelly.

How about nuts? There are all sorts of nuts out there that are very good for you. Almonds, peanuts, cashews, macadamia!

Cottage cheese and yogurt come in a variety of flavors and are tasty.

You can buy pre-made egg salad which is lovely. We'll leave all the "real" egg dishes for the microwave-cook thread, since we'll assume in this thread that you don't even have a microwave smile

what are some other ideas?

Add No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas to Twitter Add No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas to Facebook Add No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas to MySpace Add No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas to Del.icio.us Digg No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas Add No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas to Yahoo My Web Add No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas to Google Bookmarks Add No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas to Stumbleupon Add No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas to Reddit
#416996 - 05/10/08 10:49 PM Re: No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

For actual recipes, I have a listing here -

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Add Re: No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas to Twitter Add Re: No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas to Facebook Add Re: No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas to MySpace Add Re: No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas to Del.icio.us Digg Re: No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas Add Re: No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas to Yahoo My Web Add Re: No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas to Google Bookmarks Add Re: No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas to Stumbleupon Add Re: No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas to Reddit
#425750 - 06/12/08 02:07 AM Re: No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
ChelleT&L Offline
Chimpanzee

Loc: Lake Lanier, Georgia
OK - I have a new "gotta have it" snack!

Diamond almonds has just come out with its line of bold almonds. Hubby got me the "Wasabi-Soy Almonds" and OI! They are soooooooo addictive.

They are going to have top be hidden along with the chocolate!

Add Re: No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas to Twitter Add Re: No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas to Facebook Add Re: No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas to MySpace Add Re: No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas to Del.icio.us Digg Re: No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas Add Re: No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas to Yahoo My Web Add Re: No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas to Google Bookmarks Add Re: No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas to Stumbleupon Add Re: No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas to Reddit
#425752 - 06/12/08 02:10 AM Re: No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas [Re: ChelleT&L]
Lady J Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Loc: West Central IL (USA)
my roomie is addicted to these japanese wasabi peas. low sodium and she loves their taste

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!

#425929 - 06/12/08 06:47 PM Re: No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas [Re: Lady J]
BellaOnline Editor

Almonds are good for you! Why would you want to hide them? smile

#425933 - 06/12/08 06:51 PM Re: No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
ChelleT&L Offline
Chimpanzee

Because they are so "snacky" - it's hard to stop! grin

If I ate a whole can at ome sitting, that's not much better than eating a twinkie.

#425935 - 06/12/08 06:52 PM Re: No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas [Re: ChelleT&L]
BellaOnline Editor

Ah ok the key is to put them into individually sized zip locks. That way you eat from one of those, instead of the whole container smile It works really well!

Also I have pretty glass ramekins that I eat things like that out of. That way I eat just the one portion and it seems like a "regular portion" that is a nice treat. If you eat from a large container it's hard to stop only part way through, I find.

#425940 - 06/12/08 06:57 PM Re: No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
ChelleT&L Offline
Chimpanzee

Exactly! Good idea,I never thought about doing that. It will definitely help.

#425961 - 06/12/08 08:03 PM Re: No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas [Re: ChelleT&L]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
Lisa do you have a picture of those ramekins?

#426023 - 06/12/08 11:24 PM Re: No Cook Meal / Snack Ideas [Re: Jilly]
chloe21 Offline
Zebra

Loc: East Coast
Lisa, good idea about measuring the portions in zip locks. I never thought about doing that.

A piece of lunchmeat (ham or turkey) wrapped around a dill pickle slice with dijon mustard is a good snack or could be part of a meal. It also makes a good appetizer cut into smaller pieces and secured with a toothpick.

FavoriteTraditions.com
Life's Special Moments

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
The Value of Self-Talk
by Dr J Webb - Mental Health
Mental Health
7 seconds ago
What exercise did you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Exercise
35 minutes 24 seconds ago
Where to Find a Job Online
by James Andrew
Online Services
Today at 11:37 AM
What My Spirituality Is!
by loongdragon
Spirituality
Today at 11:24 AM
Germany's Window Box and Balcony Lifestyle
by Francine - German Culture
German Culture
Today at 11:05 AM
What will you do today?
by James Andrew
Inspiration
Today at 10:51 AM
The Gifts of ADD
by James Andrew
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 10:46 AM
Turn Your Passion into a Profitable Business
by James Andrew
Business Coach
Today at 10:37 AM
Packing Light for a Long Backpacking Journey
by Gregory - Hiking/BP Editor
Hiking & Backpacking
Today at 10:31 AM
What did you dream about last night?
by daves101
Dreams
Today at 10:30 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
5 registered (Izeigo, Lestie4containergardens, Kathryn - Short Stories, Mona - Astronomy, 1 invisible), 149 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.