Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
jklmno108133, stuvwx334403, stuvwx841917, dillonmatthews, thouriver
57202 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57200 Members
417 Forums
112998 Topics
800673 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 729
Beetlemess 305
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 267
Nancy Roussy 171
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 109
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 97
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 91
Susan - Meditation Editor 47
Sandra Investing/HFinance 45
Mona - Astronomy 41
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#414079 - 05/03/08 12:12 AM Writing = Lose Weight
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Apparently studies show that if you're going to nibble on some food, if you stop for five minutes and write in a journal about how you're feeling and what you're doing, that often you'll realize you aren't hungry. You are wanting "comfort" and the writing gives that to you.

I am craving chocolate cake right now (the low carb / sugar free kind, but still ...) so I am journaling about it, in this thread. I'm not really "hungry" - but we're playing Grand Theft Auto IV and it has a TON of swearing, just non-stop, and people screaming at each other. I have a headache and stomachache. I just want some chocolate and port ...

Add Writing = Lose Weight to Twitter Add Writing = Lose Weight to Facebook Add Writing = Lose Weight to MySpace Add Writing = Lose Weight to Del.icio.us Digg Writing = Lose Weight Add Writing = Lose Weight to Yahoo My Web Add Writing = Lose Weight to Google Bookmarks Add Writing = Lose Weight to Stumbleupon Add Writing = Lose Weight to Reddit
#414099 - 05/03/08 12:43 AM Re: Writing = Lose Weight [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Jeanne Egbosiuba Ukwendu Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra

Loc: Miami, Florida
I never did have that bagel I was craving earlier this week. Weird how you get strong cravings every now & then.

When I was living in Kenya, I started craving Bisquick bisquits after about 8 months. I really wanted something overprocessed. LOL The wheat flour wasn't as processed as what we have here. It's good, but I really wanted fluffy bisquits. smile

Add Re: Writing = Lose Weight to Twitter Add Re: Writing = Lose Weight to Facebook Add Re: Writing = Lose Weight to MySpace Add Re: Writing = Lose Weight to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Writing = Lose Weight Add Re: Writing = Lose Weight to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Writing = Lose Weight to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Writing = Lose Weight to Stumbleupon Add Re: Writing = Lose Weight to Reddit
#414105 - 05/03/08 12:58 AM Re: Writing = Lose Weight [Re: Jeanne Egbosiuba Ukwendu]
BellaOnline Editor

I'm still craving it, but I have a glass of chartreuse (which is a really herbal liqueur) that I'm going to sip slowly, to try to distract myself. I love chartreuse so this is an "alternative treat".

Add Re: Writing = Lose Weight to Twitter Add Re: Writing = Lose Weight to Facebook Add Re: Writing = Lose Weight to MySpace Add Re: Writing = Lose Weight to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Writing = Lose Weight Add Re: Writing = Lose Weight to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Writing = Lose Weight to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Writing = Lose Weight to Stumbleupon Add Re: Writing = Lose Weight to Reddit
#414194 - 05/03/08 04:10 AM Re: Writing = Lose Weight [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
Lisa, when you really have a craving, go with it. It's not like you eat unhealthy, after all.

And port is not so bad. Have it with your low carb chocolate. smile

#414228 - 05/03/08 06:14 AM Re: Writing = Lose Weight [Re: Jilly]
BellaOnline Editor

Well the thing is Bob does the cooking so I'm prodding him to make me a chocolate cake, and he's not up for it smile So there is no chocolate cake to eat right now. He says maybe tomorrow.

I did have some low carb ice cream with sugar-free chocolate chips, so that is tiding me over!

#414355 - 05/03/08 05:44 PM Re: Writing = Lose Weight [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
does he make you a low carb chocolate cake?

Where do I get a Bob of my own? Does Amazon stock them?

#414370 - 05/03/08 06:32 PM Re: Writing = Lose Weight [Re: Jilly]
BellaOnline Editor

LOL I'm afraid he is one of a kind smile

The cake mix is Pillsbury Reduced Sugar - they have a variety of cakes and frostings. Delicious!

#416321 - 05/08/08 09:14 PM Re: Writing = Lose Weight [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Vance Today in History Ed Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf

Loc: Gloversville, New York
Have you seen my posts about relatively fat freecake? A box of cake mix and a diet soda (can)is all you need to make a delicious cake. The whole cake is 35 Weight Watcher points. Use a dark diet soda with a dark cake mix and a light color diet soda with a light cake mix.

Also, take some low cal Cool Whip spread it on a graham cracker, put a graham cracker on top, wrap it in plastic wrap and put it in the freezer for a couple of hours or over night and you have an ice cream sandwich.

I apologize if you have read these recipes over and over in other forums I have posted but there is an off chance someone may not have seen them.

#416324 - 05/08/08 09:25 PM Re: Writing = Lose Weight [Re: Vance Today in History Ed]
Rosie 66 Online   embarrased

Vance i remember that post, i'll have to give it a try

#416631 - 05/09/08 08:17 PM Re: Writing = Lose Weight [Re: Rosie 66]
BellaOnline Editor

It's not really that it's "hard" to make the cake, it was that I wanted him to make it for me smile I am super busy right now, and he's playing video games, so it's more of an emotional thing than an ability thing smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
What time does your child go to bed at night?
by Lisa - Moms
Moms
4 minutes 49 seconds ago
How Can I Make Time for Everything?
by Lisa - Moms
Moms
5 minutes 31 seconds ago
Shopping at Walmart Game
by Karm - SW USA Editor
Home Finance
Today at 01:17 PM
Game - What I Like About the Southwest USA
by Karm - SW USA Editor
Southwest USA
Today at 01:15 PM
All Things Southwestern USA Forum Word Game!
by Karm - SW USA Editor
Southwest USA
Today at 01:14 PM
Home and Garden in the Southwest USA
by Karm - SW USA Editor
Southwest USA
Today at 01:09 PM
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Today at 12:40 PM
7 Chaos Taming Strategies for ADD
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 10:21 AM
Investing in Water
by Sandra Investing/HFinance
Investing
Today at 10:10 AM
Personal Budget Types
by Sandra Investing/HFinance
Home Finance
Today at 10:08 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
3 registered (Ro Longstreet-Wicca, Rosie 66, Lisa - Moms), 86 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.