Print Thread
#405642 04/11/08 09:26 AM
J
jhmd Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
J
My husband and I like to travel and we especially like to go to warm climates and stay in resorts that are for couples/adults only. Some of these more popular resorts, such as Sandals Resorts, are the first that come to mind. Also Couples Resorts and Breezes Resorts. But, we are also looking into other resorts that are not necessarily a "chain". I found one in Aruba that has two separate hotels. One is for families and the other, across a lagoon, is for adults only. This resort is the Renaissance Aruba Marina Hotel. Their website states "Discover a playground designed exclusively for adults, where sun-drenched days disappear into stylish and vibrant nights at the Renaissance Marina Hotel."

Have any of you visited any other Resorts for Adults only? We have been on 2 trips to adults only resorts and LOVED it! I would love to hear about where you went, where you stayed and what you recommend. We love the peace, tranquility and entertainment that you get at an adults only resort and would like to have a list of places to try!

Last edited by jhmd; 04/11/08 09:27 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Shark
Shark
C
Well, I haven't stayed at any that weren't a chain, but I've stayed at the Sandals and Couples resorts. Both were wonderful. Nothing like the peace and quiet you get when there are no children around...especially around pools and the beach as children are extra obnoxious in those areas.

How can you prove whether at this moment we are sleeping, and all our thoughts are a dream; or whether we are awake, and talking to one another in the waking state?
-- Plato --
K
Shark
Shark
K
These places sound heavenly. I haven't been to any adults only resorts but I would love to go, so I'll be watching this thread. I also wonder if there are any adults only cruises? That would be awesome too!

the only thing i want to parent is my great dane!
F
Amoeba
Amoeba
F
My hubby and I went to Cancun (actually about an hour south) for our honeymoon. We stayed at this beautiful resort called El Dorado Royale. It's a Karisma hotel, which I guess has several hotels/resorts in Mexico. It was fantastic. Adults only, all inclusive, gormet food, top shelf liquor. They had something like 7 pools, a spa, 7 restaurants and 11 bars. You had to pay extra for spa services and water sports like kayaking, but they had other activities that were free like paiting pottery, games and such. They even had free bicycles you could use to ride around the property.
We stayed in a swim up casita suite which had a huge jetted spa tub and a separate outdoor shower that was paved with river rock. Private of course! blush
It was so great. I would love to go back.

J
jhmd Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
J
Froggy - that place sounds amazing. I will definitely have to check that out. And All-inclusive too!

I have actually been to Sandals in the Bahamas and Sandals Whitehouse, Jamaica which was brand new and gorgeous when we went in 2006. If any of you haven't been to an all-inclusive, adults only, give yourself a treat and go at least once. No screaming kids. No kids running around. No kids at dinner. Heck , even if you are a parent and can get away from your own kids it is a treat.

Gecko
Gecko
I think we will go to Sandals in the future. I think Thompsons Gold might do childfree trips too.
Sandals is quite expensive though (and we'd be flying from the UK) so maybe only 4 days! It sounds fabulous though.

I leave the child-rearing to people who feel called to it. I've never felt that call.
K
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
K
Stay tuned...

I wrote a freelance article about child free travel that is supposed to run in the next few weeks!

In the meantime, check out my previous articles on the subject:

A Child Free Travel Agency
Yes, they DO exist! At least one, anyway. If you are planning a child free vacation, you might want to consider contacting Child Free Travel to help. You won�t believe how little it will cost you!
BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.

Kim Kenney
BellaOnline Museums Editor
My Museum Ebooks

"Seek those who find your road agreeable, your personality and mind stimulating, your philosophy acceptable, and your experiences helpful. Let those who do not, seek their own kind." -Jean-Henri Fabre
Shark
Shark
DH & I have been to Couples twice - once on our honeymoon in Negril, Jamaica, and once to celebrate our 5-year anniversary in 2006 - that time, we went to Couples San Souci, in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Both were wonderful! Those two trips have ruined us for anything but all-inclusive, adults-only resorts from now on. smile

Froggy, I will have to look up the resort you mentioned - sounds wonderful, and we haven't been to Mexico yet, but would like to go in the future.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.