Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
mayarylai, klmnop364916, Bella Marie, Glady, rani singh
57338 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57338 Members
417 Forums
113325 Topics
804597 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 841
Beetlemess 438
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 362
Jana - Creativity Editor 319
Dorcy 64
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 61
Sandra Investing/HFinance 60
Susan - Meditation Editor 46
Mona - Astronomy 44
Dianne W - Editor 40
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#400518 - 03/30/08 03:36 AM A forum based RPG?
Jay Shaffstall Offline
Shark

Loc: Ohio, USA
Anyone interested in doing a forum based role playing game?

Since we're all busy folks, it'd have to be fairly casual, with the GM having your character do something reasonable if you're not able to get your actions posted in a reasonable amount of time.

I'm not a prolific writer myself, so we wouldn't be looking for pages of text, just simple descriptions of what your character is doing.

If there's interest, I can come up with a scenario in pretty much any genre, so let me know what your preferences are.

Add A forum based RPG? to Twitter Add A forum based RPG? to Facebook Add A forum based RPG? to MySpace Add A forum based RPG? to Del.icio.us Digg A forum based RPG? Add A forum based RPG? to Yahoo My Web Add A forum based RPG? to Google Bookmarks Add A forum based RPG? to Stumbleupon Add A forum based RPG? to Reddit
#400688 - 03/30/08 05:11 PM Re: A forum based RPG? [Re: Jay Shaffstall]
GamerGrrl Offline
Gecko

Loc: California
Oooh....

That's how I learned to RP! Actually, it was free-form and we wrote pages of text... >.> It was a Vampire: the Masquerade type setting.

That may fun, though!

Jilly:
"[Kryssie] plans to take over the world one banner at a time"

Add Re: A forum based RPG? to Twitter Add Re: A forum based RPG? to Facebook Add Re: A forum based RPG? to MySpace Add Re: A forum based RPG? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: A forum based RPG? Add Re: A forum based RPG? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: A forum based RPG? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: A forum based RPG? to Stumbleupon Add Re: A forum based RPG? to Reddit
#400696 - 03/30/08 05:39 PM Re: A forum based RPG? [Re: GamerGrrl]
GreyDrakkon Offline
Gecko

Sure, I'd be up for a game. My preference would be something...Not drama-ridden.

Add Re: A forum based RPG? to Twitter Add Re: A forum based RPG? to Facebook Add Re: A forum based RPG? to MySpace Add Re: A forum based RPG? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: A forum based RPG? Add Re: A forum based RPG? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: A forum based RPG? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: A forum based RPG? to Stumbleupon Add Re: A forum based RPG? to Reddit
#400708 - 03/30/08 06:11 PM Re: A forum based RPG? [Re: GreyDrakkon]
Melissa Editor Offline
Shark

Oooh. I love RPG's and have done them through email on forums, and in real-time chat. I'd for up for it!

#400770 - 03/30/08 09:28 PM Re: A forum based RPG? [Re: Melissa Editor]
njtriant Offline
Amoeba

Loc: Patras, Greece
I'm game

"For the Queen of stories"

#401003 - 03/31/08 02:14 PM Re: A forum based RPG? [Re: njtriant]
Jay Shaffstall Offline
Shark

Sounds like we have enough to go ahead with this...so, something not drama ridden.

How about if I describe two settings, and everyone votes on which one they'd rather do. Or if neither is attractive, suggest an alternate setting.

Setting 1: It's the 1920s. The Great War is behind us, and everything looks great. Technology was given a big boost by the war, and hardly a day goes by when you don't see passenger and freight dirigibles in the sky. Submarines ply the depths of the ocean, and now and then, some misguided scientist turns his genius against the world. Pulp adventure.

Setting 2: The Empire controls all of the civilized world through its military force and magical expertise. So the misfits, outcasts, explorers, and visionaries come to the island of Artesia. Separated from the Empire by a mountain range filled with goblins, orcs, and other nasties, Artesia is the last frontier in a rapidly taming world. The only other city near is the coastal city of Triumph, situated on a peninsula north of Artesia. Triumph carries too much of the traditions of the Empire for most Artesians, and tends to dominate trade with the Empire. Heroic fantasy, combination of urban and wilderness settings.

#401232 - 03/31/08 10:18 PM Re: A forum based RPG? [Re: Jay Shaffstall]
Melissa Editor Offline
Shark

Hmmm - I'd vote for #2.

#401337 - 04/01/08 02:44 AM Re: A forum based RPG? [Re: Melissa Editor]
LynnBoardGames Offline
Jellyfish

I like 2 as well. I'm in.

#401435 - 04/01/08 01:58 PM Re: A forum based RPG? [Re: LynnBoardGames]
Jay Shaffstall Offline
Shark

Sounds like heroic fantasy it is, unless everyone else chimes in for pulp adventure. I'll post some ground rules, and we'll get started. It'll be a structured freeform, if that makes any sense...I'll describe it more in the ground rules post.

#401439 - 04/01/08 02:33 PM Re: A forum based RPG? [Re: Jay Shaffstall]
Jay Shaffstall Offline
Shark

I just posted the ground rules...I'll wait a bit to do the PC roster thread and the first scene opening, to see if we have a change of genre.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Leif - Role Playing Games 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Shopping at Walmart Game
by Dorcy
Home Finance
0 seconds ago
Do you Imitate some one fashion sense in you life
by Dorcy
Beauty Basics
15 minutes 40 seconds ago
Lisa's Daily 10pm EST / 8pm MST Meditation
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Meditation
Yesterday at 09:51 PM
Name a Classic Toy Game
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Creativity
Yesterday at 09:12 PM
ADD and Halloween Plans
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
Yesterday at 08:52 PM
Uber App Review
by Tiffiny - Family Travel
Family Travel
Yesterday at 05:19 PM
Birth control without the uncomfy "check-up"
by fit4fashion
Gynecology
Yesterday at 04:13 PM
Music ABC game
by "Rosie"
Pop Music
Yesterday at 04:10 PM
Star-gazing – Seeing in Dim Light *new*
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Yesterday at 02:11 PM
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Yesterday at 12:59 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Dorcy), 69 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.