Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
bcdefg870695, madhvi, daves101, debbiebbb, Anne_0921
56593 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56594 Members
417 Forums
111508 Topics
786408 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 274
Nancy Roussy 172
Rosie 66 154
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 135
James Andrew 108
loongdragon 108
Lestie4containergardens 73
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 63
Jilly 57
Susan - Meditation Editor 53
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#393991 - 03/17/08 06:07 AM Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight
BellaOnline Offline

Jellyfish

If you're overweight in Britain, cheer up!

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Edited by Lisa Low Carb Ed (03/17/08 06:07 AM)

Add Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight to Twitter Add Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight to Facebook Add Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight to MySpace Add Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight to Del.icio.us Digg Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight Add Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight to Yahoo My Web Add Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight to Google Bookmarks Add Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight to Stumbleupon Add Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight to Reddit
#394314 - 03/17/08 05:03 PM Re: Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight [Re: BellaOnline]
Eng Culture Nicola Jane Offline
Parakeet

Loc: Kent UK
You know, Lisa, our government are amazing with the schemes they think up. I think they will do one soon for criminals. If you don't do a crime they will pay you! They do it for education too. To encourage children to go to college or 6thform the goverment pay them to go. It can be useful. But it only affects the lowest paid PARENTS! if the parents earn to much the children don't qualify!

Love is wisdom.

Add Re: Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight to Twitter Add Re: Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight to Facebook Add Re: Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight to MySpace Add Re: Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight Add Re: Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight to Stumbleupon Add Re: Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight to Reddit
#394321 - 03/17/08 05:18 PM Re: Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight [Re: Eng Culture Nicola Jane]
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Actually there was also a news report that said they were going to pay kids - in Atlanta I think - for going to study hall and studying for school!!

I don't think you should pay a person to lose weight because it penalizes the ones who lost weight already on their own, they now have a financial incentive to GAIN weight to then be paid to lose it again.

Instead, they should pour that money into systems so people CAN lose weight. Fund research for low sugar, tasty foods. Fund bike paths and walking paths. Outlaw vending machines in schools but then fund the schools better so they have the same income to pay their bills. That sort of thing.

The report said that the primary 3 things people in England did was sleep, go to work (sedentary) and watch TV. So if all these people are just watching TV, maybe they need more fun things to do in their area that are active ... maybe fund more dances? Fund more festivals?

Add Re: Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight to Twitter Add Re: Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight to Facebook Add Re: Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight to MySpace Add Re: Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight Add Re: Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight to Stumbleupon Add Re: Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight to Reddit
#394354 - 03/17/08 06:22 PM Re: Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Rosie 66 Offline

I want to get paid to lose weight, lol

#394368 - 03/17/08 06:34 PM Re: Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight [Re: Rosie 66]
Heather - Chinese Culture Offline
Gecko

Loc: Cincinnati, Ohio
Originally Posted By: skyhaven
I want to get paid to lose weight, lol

That would be great, Rosie, if a person is motivated by money, which most people are. But some people, me for example, are not motivated by it. In my opinion, I think paying people for things they should do anyway seems pointless. It seems juvenile that people won't do some things without being proded and bribed, but it seems that most adults today are simply over-grown children.

#394375 - 03/17/08 06:50 PM Re: Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight [Re: Heather - Chinese Culture]
Rosie 66 Offline

Now you made me feel bad Heather ;o( no just joking i don't get paid for any thing i do, i get rewarded by the health benefits of losing weight. thats my payment

#394378 - 03/17/08 06:57 PM Re: Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight [Re: Rosie 66]
Gecko

My apologies if I did make you feel bad, Rosie. My comment wasn't directed towards you. I was stating that I feel there are too many people in the world who won't step up and take responsibility for themselves without having something dangled in front of them as they go along.

For example: I have heard of many men who will not pay child support unless they are threatened with legal action. After court, they have to pay or go to prison. Shouldn't they want to provide for their child instead of being forced to do so? Shouldn't their child's wellfare be enough incentive?

Bribing has never worked for me. A person could say they would give me $1 million and it honestly wouldn't motivate me. This is probably because I live in my own head too much and money doesn't hold much importance in there. As a matter of fact, it seems to cause more harm than good. I've gotten myself into trouble with credit cards and overspending and I've tried to distance myself from large spending.

Edited by Heather - Chinese Culture (03/17/08 10:50 PM)

#394379 - 03/17/08 07:02 PM Re: Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight [Re: Heather - Chinese Culture]
Rosie 66 Offline

O.K I can stop crying now. ;o( (just kidding)

I hear what your saying, i'm just now getting child support and my oldest child is 41 years old.

#394381 - 03/17/08 07:04 PM Re: Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight [Re: Rosie 66]
Gecko

Originally Posted By: skyhaven
O.K I can stop crying now. ;o( (just kidding)

I hear what your saying, i'm just now getting child support and my oldest child is 41 years old.

I am really sorry to hear that, Rosie.

#394388 - 03/17/08 07:10 PM Re: Britain to Pay People to Lose Weight [Re: Heather - Chinese Culture]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
I would like to get paid to lose weight too! but i agree with what Lisa is saying, some people would abuse the system.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Gardening Bumper Stickers
by Mona - Astronomy
Container Gardening
58 minutes 6 seconds ago
Breaking Up by Ignoring Someone
by Anne_0921
Dating
Yesterday at 11:59 PM
Lisa's Daily 10pm EST / 8pm MST Meditation
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Meditation
Yesterday at 10:42 PM
What is your stress level today?
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Yesterday at 09:22 PM
Salad Time
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Low Carb
Yesterday at 09:12 PM
De-Tethering from the Internet
Low Carb
Yesterday at 08:50 PM
What Is The Wiccan Great Rite?
by Ro Longstreet-Wicca
Wicca
Yesterday at 07:41 PM
International Dark Sky Week - Save the Night!
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Yesterday at 07:26 PM
The Gifts of ADD
Attention Deficit Disorder
Yesterday at 07:10 PM
Against Punishment for Kids with ADD
Attention Deficit Disorder
Yesterday at 06:49 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Izeigo), 69 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.