Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Kellyack91, sienawilson, Aaron Benjamin, test18818, Home Circus
56583 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56583 Members
417 Forums
111485 Topics
786259 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 287
Nancy Roussy 173
Rosie 66 155
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 136
loongdragon 118
James Andrew 105
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 76
Jilly 65
Lestie4containergardens 63
Susan - Meditation Editor 51
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#391220 - 03/11/08 11:29 PM What is your Blood Pressure?
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
Since i just went to the doctor i figured I would log my BP: it's 110/82. They told me it's good, but I really have no frame of referent.

Add What is your Blood Pressure? to Twitter Add What is your Blood Pressure? to Facebook Add What is your Blood Pressure? to MySpace Add What is your Blood Pressure? to Del.icio.us Digg What is your Blood Pressure? Add What is your Blood Pressure? to Yahoo My Web Add What is your Blood Pressure? to Google Bookmarks Add What is your Blood Pressure? to Stumbleupon Add What is your Blood Pressure? to Reddit
#391276 - 03/12/08 02:20 AM Re: What is your Blood Pressure? [Re: Jilly]
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor

That is so great that they took that!! It's always good to know your blood pressure.

I went and got my finger tester. I have 90/47 with a pulse of 86.

Looking at WebMD you need to be 120/80 or you risk high blood pressure. So 120/80 is the cut-off for having concern.

So you're in great shape! I'm sure the 82 is fine smile

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Add Re: What is your Blood Pressure? to Twitter Add Re: What is your Blood Pressure? to Facebook Add Re: What is your Blood Pressure? to MySpace Add Re: What is your Blood Pressure? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What is your Blood Pressure? Add Re: What is your Blood Pressure? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: What is your Blood Pressure? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: What is your Blood Pressure? to Stumbleupon Add Re: What is your Blood Pressure? to Reddit
#391283 - 03/12/08 02:27 AM Re: What is your Blood Pressure? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Bonnie, Autism Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I recently bought a blood pressure monitor from QVC - (was on a spending spree with income tax refund) and cannot figure out how to get the cuff on the arm and get an actual reading.

I think I might bring it with me to rite aid and ask the pharmacist how to use it.

I use the Rite aid one anyway and have always had good BP but since I am turning 48 next month thought I should have a device to check since I am always on steroids for my skin - started back on prednisone today after seeing new Derm - at least this one is a female.

AUTISM site

Add Re: What is your Blood Pressure? to Twitter Add Re: What is your Blood Pressure? to Facebook Add Re: What is your Blood Pressure? to MySpace Add Re: What is your Blood Pressure? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What is your Blood Pressure? Add Re: What is your Blood Pressure? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: What is your Blood Pressure? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: What is your Blood Pressure? to Stumbleupon Add Re: What is your Blood Pressure? to Reddit
#391287 - 03/12/08 02:35 AM Re: What is your Blood Pressure? [Re: Bonnie, Autism Editor]
JanetBoyer Offline
Zebra

Loc: USA
Mine usually stays right around 120/70. smile

#391307 - 03/12/08 02:49 AM Re: What is your Blood Pressure? [Re: JanetBoyer]
Lady J Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Loc: West Central IL (USA)
mine is usually around 120/60-70

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!

#391312 - 03/12/08 02:57 AM Re: What is your Blood Pressure? [Re: Lady J]
Nancy - Baby Names Editor Offline
Parakeet

Loc: USA
Mine's usually on the low side -- 90/60, something like that.

#391320 - 03/12/08 03:10 AM Re: What is your Blood Pressure? [Re: Nancy - Baby Names Editor]
BellaOnline Editor

Bonnie - I have a Lumiscope finger device which works well for me. I have trouble with the arm cuff variety. I would definitely take that in to a pharmacist or someone to help you out with that!

Many people get "abnormally high" readings in doctors' offices because they are nervous about being there. The best reading comes from your own home, where you are relaxed and can get a normal day to day result.

#391332 - 03/12/08 03:22 AM Re: What is your Blood Pressure? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
M o e Offline
Tiger

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I've always been on the low side 100/70. The good thing too is I've always been consistent.
Latest Favorite Things Blog
* Wool Pea Coat Review
Latest Squidoo Lens
* Plus Size Active Wear

#391499 - 03/12/08 05:26 AM Re: What is your Blood Pressure? [Re: M o e]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
hmmm, even looking it up I still don't really know what the numbers mean.

I also had my first EKG. I liked that - completely non-invasive. I have no idea what the pretty chart it made meant. I wished someone would have taken the time to show me, but they said they only would mention anything if there was a concern.

Edited by Jilly (03/12/08 05:26 AM)

#391698 - 03/12/08 05:43 PM Re: What is your Blood Pressure? [Re: Jilly]
BellaOnline Editor

Jilly - read this article -

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
The Goddess
by ancientflaxman
Spirituality
6 seconds ago
International Dark Sky Week - Save the Night!
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
39 minutes 20 seconds ago
My Website is live!
by Ketan bhargav
Inspiration
Today at 04:13 AM
Living Joyfully by Choice
by Ketan bhargav
Inspiration
Today at 04:00 AM
Have balcony - must I have pots?
by Lestie4containergardens
Container Gardening
Today at 03:46 AM
Garden Themed Poetry
Container Gardening
Today at 03:31 AM
Gardening Bumper Stickers
Container Gardening
Today at 03:13 AM
The Art of Caching – Non burial methods
by Ninjahedgewych
Pagan
Today at 02:59 AM
Engagement Ring on a Budget. Help? please!?
by Kellyack91
Fashion Jewelry
Today at 02:53 AM
Online shopping
by sienawilson
Women's Fashion
Today at 01:19 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
2 registered (ancientflaxman, Izeigo), 66 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.