Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
BobMoran, Camilahart12, cindimac, Tina Tourist, Indian55
57025 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57025 Members
417 Forums
112591 Topics
796166 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 839
Beetlemess 635
Karm - SW USA Editor 361
Nancy Roussy 179
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 136
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 119
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 118
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 118
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 102
Kelly Tager 74
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#386756 - 03/04/08 07:36 PM Gary Gygax is Dead
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Online   content
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Add Gary Gygax is Dead to Twitter Add Gary Gygax is Dead to Facebook Add Gary Gygax is Dead to MySpace Add Gary Gygax is Dead to Del.icio.us Digg Gary Gygax is Dead Add Gary Gygax is Dead to Yahoo My Web Add Gary Gygax is Dead to Google Bookmarks Add Gary Gygax is Dead to Stumbleupon Add Gary Gygax is Dead to Reddit
#386759 - 03/04/08 07:37 PM Re: Gary Gygax is Dead [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Oh wait even better the tag line says

"Role-playing game used medieval characters and creatures, many-sided dice"

So how about the few sided dice? We didn't use those?

Add Re: Gary Gygax is Dead to Twitter Add Re: Gary Gygax is Dead to Facebook Add Re: Gary Gygax is Dead to MySpace Add Re: Gary Gygax is Dead to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Gary Gygax is Dead Add Re: Gary Gygax is Dead to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Gary Gygax is Dead to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Gary Gygax is Dead to Stumbleupon Add Re: Gary Gygax is Dead to Reddit
#386782 - 03/04/08 08:01 PM Re: Gary Gygax is Dead [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
GamerGrrl Offline
Gecko

Loc: California
No one uses the D12. It cries itself to sleep.

Here's proof: T-shirt!

Jilly:
"[Kryssie] plans to take over the world one banner at a time"

Add Re: Gary Gygax is Dead to Twitter Add Re: Gary Gygax is Dead to Facebook Add Re: Gary Gygax is Dead to MySpace Add Re: Gary Gygax is Dead to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Gary Gygax is Dead Add Re: Gary Gygax is Dead to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Gary Gygax is Dead to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Gary Gygax is Dead to Stumbleupon Add Re: Gary Gygax is Dead to Reddit
#386787 - 03/04/08 08:05 PM Re: Gary Gygax is Dead [Re: GamerGrrl]
BellaOnline Editor

That's so sad!! Poor little D12. I always liked the D12. But I suppose I didn't use it very often. On the other hand I would wear the numbers off my D20 and had to always get more ...

#386795 - 03/04/08 08:17 PM Re: Gary Gygax is Dead [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
LynnBoardGames Offline
Jellyfish

This is sad news. Within the past few years I've become a DnD gamer.

Yeah I don't think I've ever even rolled a D12. Love the t-shirt.

#387049 - 03/05/08 01:02 AM Re: Gary Gygax is Dead [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Jay Shaffstall Offline
Shark

Loc: Ohio, USA
Originally Posted By: Lisa Low Carb Ed

"Role-playing game used medieval characters and creatures, many-sided dice"

So how about the few sided dice? We didn't use those?

Well, I did roll the corners off a lot of d20 dice, but still have my trusty d4 dice from the old days.

I've given up expecting the general press to get anything right in any niche!

Gary's passing was oddly predicted in the Knights of the Dinner Table comic, where they killed off their version of him a while back.

Edited by Jay - RPG (03/05/08 01:03 AM)

#387055 - 03/05/08 01:09 AM Re: Gary Gygax is Dead [Re: Jay Shaffstall]
MegM_BusinessCoach Offline
Shark

Loc: Midwest, USA (I travel with my...
I was sharing this news with my fellow geeks.

One quipped, "He must have rolled a 1."

We all chuckled - I think Gary would appreciate that.

Edited by BellaMeg_BusinessCoach (03/05/08 01:10 AM)

#387059 - 03/05/08 01:15 AM Re: Gary Gygax is Dead [Re: MegM_BusinessCoach]
Jay Shaffstall Offline
Shark

Loc: Ohio, USA
Originally Posted By: BellaMeg_BusinessCoach
I was sharing this news with my fellow geeks.

One quipped, "He must have rolled a 1."

We all chuckled - I think Gary would appreciate that.

He's probably laughing where ever he's at!

I have to admit, I never was one to be a fan of the creators of systems, but Gary's death signals for me the changing of an age...there aren't a lot of hobbies where some of the original creators such as Gary, or Ken St. Andre, are around, accessible, and friendly.

#387065 - 03/05/08 01:22 AM Re: Gary Gygax is Dead [Re: Jay Shaffstall]
Robin Crime Editor Offline
Gecko

I have never played Dungeons and Dragons, but it is still sad to see a creative genius leave us.

#387526 - 03/05/08 05:45 PM Re: Gary Gygax is Dead [Re: Robin Crime Editor]
njtriant Offline
Amoeba

Loc: Patras, Greece
To be honest i realized who this person was by your talking about him and all i can say is that we can only keep playing. I believe he would appreciate that even after his passing he left his mark and what he created was and still is in the benefit of people.

"For the Queen of stories"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Leif - Role Playing Games 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
What is your stress level today?
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
12:21 AM
Replace one word... (new game)
by Allyson - USACook/HomeCook
Comedy Movies
11:59 PM
Stay in Shape with Top 5 Pilates Poses
by Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor
Exercise
11:02 PM
Favorite French Cities
by kangtuo
French Culture
10:50 PM
Hawaii
by kangtuo
Hawaii
10:47 PM
Happy Birthday to actress Jennifer Ehle
by kangtuo
Romance Movies
10:42 PM
Java Problem Please Help Me
by Nancy Roussy
JavaScript/Java
10:37 PM
Yoga Journal Live Retreat 2014 Colorado
by Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor
Yoga
10:33 PM
Permanent Makeup!
by reyrorosie52
Cosmetics
09:28 PM
Minimizing Large Pores
by reyrorosie52
Cosmetics
09:23 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (RoseEnglish), 112 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.