Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Francoise07, KeithB18, Bella Marie, Glady, rani singh
57340 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57340 Members
417 Forums
113325 Topics
804678 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 888
Beetlemess 454
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 323
Jana - Creativity Editor 322
Dorcy 64
Sandra Investing/HFinance 60
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 58
Susan - Meditation Editor 46
Mona - Astronomy 45
Linu 39
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#377283 - 02/19/08 05:34 PM Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

We all know breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But few of us want to do lots of cooking that early in the morning! What are some quick, healthy ideas for eating a breakfast that is healthy and filling?

I myself drink EAS low carb shakes in the morning. It's not for "health reasons" as much as I simply don't feel like eating when I wake up. I honestly am not hungry - but I know I need to get nutrition into me. With the shake it's very yummy, I get in some energy and then by lunchtime I am actually hungry enough for food.

Most people really do want food when they wake up smile The times I wake up and want "real food" my boyfriend makes me an omelet. These are GREAT because you can toss in green peppers, ham cubes, bacon, spices, cheese and other things to make it a nutritional meal. You can make a different style omelet every morning to keep your taste buds interested. Omelets are very quick and easy, especially if you keep a few basic supplies in your fridge like a bag of shredded cheese, a small tupperware of diced green pepper etc.

What else do people do for quick breakfasts?

My boyfriend often has oatmeal for breakfast - they have low sugar versions out there.

Add Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas to Twitter Add Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas to Facebook Add Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas to MySpace Add Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas to Del.icio.us Digg Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas Add Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas to Yahoo My Web Add Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas to Google Bookmarks Add Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas to Stumbleupon Add Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas to Reddit
#377338 - 02/19/08 07:11 PM Re: Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Fstategrammy Offline

Low sugar oatmeal - Sturm Farms cranberry or blueberry, or EAS shake. Just so easy when you have to get a kid to school and get to work. I wait till I get to work to eat, nuke the oatmeal and eat while I delve into the first emails of the day.

Add Re: Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas to Twitter Add Re: Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas to Facebook Add Re: Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas to MySpace Add Re: Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas Add Re: Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas to Stumbleupon Add Re: Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas to Reddit
#377369 - 02/19/08 08:16 PM Re: Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas [Re: Fstategrammy]
BellaOnline Editor

Blueberries are definitely very good for you!

There are low sugar cereal options out there too, if someone is a cereal fan who likes to start their day that way.

I know some people like smoothies but to me those are VERY messy - you have to take apart the entire blender afterwards to wash it. That's too much hassle for me smile

Add Re: Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas to Twitter Add Re: Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas to Facebook Add Re: Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas to MySpace Add Re: Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas Add Re: Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas to Stumbleupon Add Re: Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas to Reddit
#378341 - 02/21/08 08:21 AM Re: Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Rebelina Offline

Can you please tell me what an EAS shake is?

#378371 - 02/21/08 09:57 AM Re: Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas [Re: Rebelina]
"Rosie" Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
This morning i had oatmeal with low fat milk, honey, and fresh fruit in it.
I would like to know what a EAS shake is also!

#378461 - 02/21/08 12:50 PM Re: Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas [Re: "Rosie"]
Happy Birthday Julie-Cleaning Offline
Shark

Loc: Buffalo, NY
I make up Oatmeal bar recipes. Or muffins. I have a great one for muffins that has no flour in it at all, I'll post it when I find it again.

I have a recipe for Super Oatmeal breakfast bars my kids love. It is entirely customizable.

Super Oatmeal-Fruit Breakfast Fuel

2 cups Oat meal, plain (the kind in the big cylinder)
� cup flour (all purpose)
1 � cup low fat granola (I just used some from a cereal box with almonds and raisins)
� cup raisins
2 bananas, sliced thin
2 eggs
1 cup milk (more or less)
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed

Preheat oven to 400 F.
Mix everything in a large bowl. It will be slightly �goopy�. The milk will not completely absorb, but try to get all of the flour mixed into the liquid. If the mix is too dry, add a little more milk. Once it is all completely mixed, pour into a pan that has been lined or oiled well.

Bake for 25-30 minutes. Check at 20 minutes for browning. The top of the bars should be dry with spotty golden brown areas. Remove from oven, cool until you can cut and handle the bars without being burned. Serve warm

#378588 - 02/21/08 04:48 PM Re: Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas [Re: Julie-Cleaning]
Lynne - ChristianLiving Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf

Loc: Indiana
I drink a soy protein shake and usually a small cup of yogurt. Than - later - if I feel like want something, I eat a few almonds.

Lynne Waite Chapman

Christian Living @ BellaOnline
Women of the Bible E-Book and the Names of God E-Book

Updo, Hair Color, Ageless Women E-Books and Hair Information

Follow us on Facebook -- Facebook.com/Bible.Living

#378692 - 02/21/08 07:48 PM Re: Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas [Re: Lynne - ChristianLiving]
BellaOnline Editor

Here's my review of EAS shakes. They are 11oz ready-to-drink shakes that you just pour into a glass and drink smile

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

#380804 - 02/25/08 12:15 AM Re: Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Deanna Joseph Offline
Elephant

Loc: Southern California
I'm a smoothie person LOL. Lately I've been mixing blueberries, a kale leaf, yogurt, flax and a banana. It's not bad! Though it can be a wee bit crunchy LOL!

I love turkey patties for breakfast - but they are work as I have to fry them up.

Edited by Bella_Deanna (02/25/08 12:16 AM)

#381233 - 02/25/08 08:28 PM Re: Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas [Re: Deanna Joseph]
BellaOnline Editor

Deanna - LOL now see with me, with something you fry you just pop the frying pan into the dishwasher afterwards and you're done. No muss, no fuss. I consider that perfect. But with a blender there are like 20 parts to the darn thing that you have to unscrew and take apart and fill the entire dishwasher with. That seems a royal pain to assemble and disassemble every time.

What's the secret to easy blender meals?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Cosmic Halloween Tour . . . If you dare
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 08:03 PM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 06:05 PM
Music ABC game
Pop Music
Today at 06:04 PM
What did you SPEND money on today?
by Nancy Roussy
Frugal Living
Today at 03:48 PM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
Comedy Movies
Today at 03:29 PM
Shopping at Walmart Game
Home Finance
Today at 03:23 PM
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Today at 01:54 PM
Shopping at Costco Game
by Beetlemess
Sandwiches
Today at 12:48 PM
First Letter-Last Letter
by Beetlemess
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 12:43 PM
Ogden garden verse game
by xmeecosmic
Container Gardening
Today at 07:25 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1 Guest and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.