Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
thouriver, kerenwaugh, mfboutique, Mrs. Cara, lighthouse
57198 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57198 Members
417 Forums
112996 Topics
800631 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 688
Beetlemess 305
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 267
Nancy Roussy 176
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 109
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 95
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 93
Susan - Meditation Editor 47
Sandra Investing/HFinance 46
Mona - Astronomy 40
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#373781 - 02/08/08 07:00 PM Dexter
FashionFiend Offline
Shark

Loc: US
Have yall heard the first season of Dexter is gonna be on CBS starting Feb. 17? I noticed the thread below complaining about no new TV and if you havent watched dexter you have got to watch the first season...it is soooo good. believe me, i had heard about it and wasnt quite sure why everyone was so obsessed with it but once i starting watching i completely understood!

Add Dexter to Twitter Add Dexter to Facebook Add Dexter to MySpace Add Dexter to Del.icio.us Digg Dexter Add Dexter to Yahoo My Web Add Dexter to Google Bookmarks Add Dexter to Stumbleupon Add Dexter to Reddit
#373796 - 02/08/08 07:36 PM Re: Dexter [Re: FashionFiend]
M o e Offline
Tiger

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I started watching this a few weeks ago (I think on space). It's the whole ghost and supernatural power perspective from a male point of view. Kind of like a combination of ghostwhisperer, medium and supernatural all in one. I found it interesting but it started cutting into another show which won out so I might start watching it again.
Latest Favorite Things Blog
* Wool Pea Coat Review
Latest Squidoo Lens
* Plus Size Active Wear

Add Re: Dexter to Twitter Add Re: Dexter to Facebook Add Re: Dexter to MySpace Add Re: Dexter to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Dexter Add Re: Dexter to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Dexter to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Dexter to Stumbleupon Add Re: Dexter to Reddit
#374223 - 02/10/08 05:09 PM Re: Dexter [Re: M o e]
Vance Today in History Ed Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf

Loc: Gloversville, New York
Dexter is awesome but can you imagine how much of it will be cut on network television?

Add Re: Dexter to Twitter Add Re: Dexter to Facebook Add Re: Dexter to MySpace Add Re: Dexter to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Dexter Add Re: Dexter to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Dexter to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Dexter to Stumbleupon Add Re: Dexter to Reddit
#374231 - 02/10/08 05:36 PM Re: Dexter [Re: Vance Today in History Ed]
bahrain Offline
Shark

I don't know. Dexter to me is disgusting. All that gore and twistedness.
It just isn't for me.

#374660 - 02/11/08 09:40 PM Re: Dexter [Re: bahrain]
FashionFiend Offline
Shark

Well, in terms of how much they'll cut, according to the Showtime president, they only had to shave about 6 minutes off of each episode and most of it was swearing so really nothing is gonna be lost with editing

That being said, bahrain, obviously they'll have to cut the extremely gory scenes out, so maybe you'll find it more appealing on CBS. theres really not that much gore though..

i just cant wait to make all my friends who dont have showtime watch the first season so i can talk about it with them!

#376987 - 02/19/08 04:32 AM Re: Dexter [Re: FashionFiend]
M o e Offline
Tiger

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I totally mixed this show up with the Dresdon Files. I have no idea what I was thinking...
Latest Favorite Things Blog
* Wool Pea Coat Review
Latest Squidoo Lens
* Plus Size Active Wear

#377010 - 02/19/08 05:47 AM Re: Dexter [Re: M o e]
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Moe - I was wondering, I didn't think there was supernatural stuff in Dexter smile

Bahrain - you might do better with the TV version then, they'll cut out the gore. I'm a bit squeamish myself so I look away during gory scenes, but I do like the moral dilemmas they present here. It gives you a lot to think about.

#377243 - 02/19/08 09:24 PM Re: Dexter [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
msbaby Offline
Gecko

Loc: The Sunny Southland
If you're the LEAST bit squeamish, you will spend a lot of the hour with your hands over your eyes. I found it intriguing yet disgusting....but couldn't turn it off. I'm kind of surprised that CBS is showing it. The scenes are no more graphic than CSI or some of the others, but the sociopathic storyline is pretty disturbing. I can't quite put my finger on WHY I found it more unsettling than some Law and Order stories, but I did. Maybe it's because it's done in first person? Definitely not for the kiddies.

#377252 - 02/19/08 09:35 PM Re: Dexter [Re: msbaby]
Vance Today in History Ed Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf

Loc: Gloversville, New York
Lisa- I am the same way with Nip/Tuck and Dirt. I love the storylines but can do without the not-so-subtle sex scenes in those shows.

#377254 - 02/19/08 09:39 PM Re: Dexter [Re: msbaby]
FashionFiend Offline
Shark

your right, the scenes did seem a little more graphic than CSI but i didnt find them overly disturbing. I was impressed by how much they actually left in the episodes. But that being said, they definitely cut out all the really gruesome stuff so you should def check it out on CBS...Michael C. Hall is fantastic in it

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
What are You Reading Right Now?
by Rosie52
Business Owners
Yesterday at 09:55 PM
What Do You Do?
by Rosie52
Self Development
Yesterday at 09:30 PM
zombie hunt charity need ideas
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Creativity
Yesterday at 06:07 PM
Recipes using tea
by mary-tea1
Tea
Yesterday at 04:58 PM
Tidbits on Tea
by mary-tea1
Tea
Yesterday at 04:22 PM
Shopping at Walmart Game
by Beetlemess
Home Finance
Yesterday at 03:01 PM
Replace one word... (new game)
by Beetlemess
Comedy Movies
Yesterday at 03:00 PM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by Beetlemess
Comedy Movies
Yesterday at 02:59 PM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Beetlemess
Contests & Sweepstakes
Yesterday at 02:56 PM
New Reviews of Male-Female Romance Novels
by Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk
Romance Novels
Yesterday at 12:59 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.