Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
DrdubbleG, mandyjones, Nicola x, Pure Bliss Handbags, LegacyPoetry
57154 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57154 Members
417 Forums
112904 Topics
799230 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 743
Beetlemess 547
Nancy Roussy 226
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 114
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 104
Mystic - Romance Movies 100
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 67
Dianne W - Editor 64
Karm - SW USA Editor 56
Tracy - Philosophy 56
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#351611 - 11/01/07 04:33 PM how do I treat mixed babies hair?
whitnie89 Offline

I am a white women about to have a black mans daughter in a matter of days and I know absolutly nothing about their hair and I do not want her to walk around with a nasty head cuz I don't know what to do with it. so if anyone knows how to treat it please send me info.
thanks!

Add how do I treat mixed babies hair? to Twitter Add how do I treat mixed babies hair? to Facebook Add how do I treat mixed babies hair? to MySpace Add how do I treat mixed babies hair? to Del.icio.us Digg how do I treat mixed babies hair? Add how do I treat mixed babies hair? to Yahoo My Web Add how do I treat mixed babies hair? to Google Bookmarks Add how do I treat mixed babies hair? to Stumbleupon Add how do I treat mixed babies hair? to Reddit
#351626 - 11/01/07 05:37 PM Re: how do I treat mixed babies hair? [Re: whitnie89]
freespirit Offline
Koala

I would think that it would depend on what gene is domanite. black hair is very strong and course but it doesnt grow long white hair tends to be finer and weaker but it grows longer...
black-white hair can break easy because it loses the strength of the black hair but it will grow longer like the white hair.

I was told that at one time that it depends on the hair. black hair is brittle and needs oil and conditioning more then white hair. so I would contition and oil the hair like any other black hair...unless she has oily oily hair to began with then I would shampoo and condition as you do.... ask a beautition they would know.... good luck!

Add Re: how do I treat mixed babies hair? to Twitter Add Re: how do I treat mixed babies hair? to Facebook Add Re: how do I treat mixed babies hair? to MySpace Add Re: how do I treat mixed babies hair? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: how do I treat mixed babies hair? Add Re: how do I treat mixed babies hair? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: how do I treat mixed babies hair? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: how do I treat mixed babies hair? to Stumbleupon Add Re: how do I treat mixed babies hair? to Reddit
#351735 - 11/01/07 11:02 PM Re: how do I treat mixed babies hair? [Re: whitnie89]
Lynne - ChristianLiving Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf

Loc: Indiana
Congratulations on your new baby! When she arrives, she will have her own brand of hair. Not all back hair is the same just like all white hair is the same. Wait til you see her and she has enough hair to worry about, then find out how to treat her individual hair.

Lynne Waite Chapman

Christian Living @ BellaOnline
Women of the Bible E-Book and the Names of God E-Book

Updo, Hair Color, Ageless Women E-Books and Hair Information

Follow us on Facebook -- Facebook.com/Bible.Living

Add Re: how do I treat mixed babies hair? to Twitter Add Re: how do I treat mixed babies hair? to Facebook Add Re: how do I treat mixed babies hair? to MySpace Add Re: how do I treat mixed babies hair? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: how do I treat mixed babies hair? Add Re: how do I treat mixed babies hair? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: how do I treat mixed babies hair? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: how do I treat mixed babies hair? to Stumbleupon Add Re: how do I treat mixed babies hair? to Reddit
#355976 - 11/24/07 03:52 PM Re: how do I treat mixed babies hair? [Re: whitnie89]
Winsome_Soaper Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba

Loc: California
Well, here is the point of view of one mixed child:
For years I agonized over my hair and the perception that it has to be tamed and subdued.

Now I let it be natural, curls and all....
First thing is to realize that "their hair" is really your hair and his hair. In this age of so much skin and haircare knowledge it would be unlikely that your daughter's hair would reach the point of becoming 'nasty'. Added to the fact that you seem vigilant about taking care of any hair issues.

Your daughter's hair may be either straighter or curlier depending on which gene is more dominant. Either way, I am sure you will love her hair.

Here is my 2 cents on how I take of my hair:

I wash my hair and condition it constantly. Any kind of frizz control product is good - Frizz Ease is good or any curl conditoner product. Another great product is Redken ringlet 07 curl perfector. Curly to kinky hair tends to be dry at times, so I use a glosser and Infusium which has panthenol to give hair a smoother texture.

For kids with curly hair it is important that you resist the urge to straighten the child's hair with a chemical relaxer - this could permanently damage the hair.

Later when your daughter is older, you can take her to the hair salon to have her hair blown out straight or set on hair rollers which gives controlled, beautiful curls.

Soap making kits, DIY bath and body kits and customizable labels.
PerfumeKits.com

#355986 - 11/24/07 06:17 PM Re: how do I treat mixed babies hair? [Re: Winsome_Soaper]
Lynne - ChristianLiving Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf

Loc: Indiana
Thank you for your comments Winsome. It is nice that we don't all have to look alike anymore and their are many great products available to deal with every hair issue.

Lynne Waite Chapman

Christian Living @ BellaOnline
Women of the Bible E-Book and the Names of God E-Book

Updo, Hair Color, Ageless Women E-Books and Hair Information

Follow us on Facebook -- Facebook.com/Bible.Living

#356188 - 11/26/07 04:18 AM Re: how do I treat mixed babies hair? [Re: Lynne - ChristianLiving]
freespirit Offline
Koala

oh now i have a question for winsome! with mixed hair like yours is it hard to get it to grow long? my friends daughter wants long hair but it breaks off and it just wont grow longer then low neck....Any tips? thank you!

#356478 - 11/27/07 01:59 PM Re: how do I treat mixed babies hair? [Re: freespirit]
Winsome_Soaper Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba

Hi Freebubbles3:
Well mixed hair can be any variety of kinds of hair textures. However,the more natural it is left is the longer it will grow. Here's an example of how black hair can grow if left alone to do 'its thing' - Rastafarians will have very long hair (and it s their hair!), but if you take that same hair and subject it to a barrage of chemicals, then you have hair that appears as if it will never grow. Then if the person went natural or grew dreads (locs) the hair grows.
* I am sure there are exceptions to this rule...

My hair is healthiest when left alone in its most natural state. I do a lot buns and updos and large braids of my own hair in one, two and four braids. My sisters and I have very, very curly hair - so while I let my hair reach a little past shoulder length, my sister Angela's hair grows down past her butt.

PerfumeKits.com

#356480 - 11/27/07 02:00 PM Re: how do I treat mixed babies hair? [Re: Lynne - ChristianLiving]
Winsome_Soaper Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba

Hi Lynne:
I know. It is great... knowing that is so freeing!!!

PerfumeKits.com

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Shopping at Walmart Game
by Beetlemess
Home Finance
Today at 03:39 PM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Beetlemess
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 03:38 PM
Job Charts - Reward Systems
by Lisa - Moms
Moms
Today at 02:54 PM
If I didn't remind him every day, my son would….
by Lisa - Moms
Moms
Today at 02:53 PM
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 02:27 PM
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 02:26 PM
2014 Eating Log
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
Today at 02:24 PM
New Reviews - LGBT Romance Novels
by Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk
Romance Novels
Today at 02:24 PM
What did you dream about last night?
by Nancy Roussy
Dreams
Today at 02:21 PM
Romance Movie Titles Game
by Beetlemess
Romance Movies
Today at 01:51 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 62 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.