logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#337414 08/31/07 03:22 AM
N
OP Offline
N
I wrestle so I have to make weight for my matches. To keep from being over weight I usually can't eat anything the day of a match. I usually have an hour or two between weighing and when I have to wrestle. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can eat after I weigh in that will give me quick energy for my match?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
DPu Offline
Shark
Shark
D
I assume you're meaning amatuer wrestling. While we normally talk about professional wrestling, some things do correlate. As far as what to suggest, I would say a little bit of pasta. Pasta is the best form of carbs & sugar will only cause you to crash.

Figure out how much you normally eat when you're hungry & only eat about half of that amount the day you wrestle. That's my best suggestion from what I know. I think health & fitness might be the better place to ask this. I don't know the time it takes to transfer your food to energy, but I'd say pasta is your best bet. Just don't fill yourself! Best of luck!

DPu #337656 08/31/07 09:11 PM
F
Gecko
Gecko
F
DPu is right. I used to do that all the time before I played ice hockey. I usually ate my smaller portions of pasta about 1 hour to an hour and a half before games or practices. I did a little amateur wrestling myself, and the same holds true.

forcegx7 #337707 09/01/07 06:03 AM
K
K
Try www.wrestlingperformance.com hope you can stable your weight that will always just under the limit. A friend of mine in high school did this, and he won a lot of matches against guys like you who try to make weight by deprivation.
Best of luck!

Koala
Koala
I would have said nuts and fruit but I dont wrestle....in public anyways....but I do have nephews....

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
If you are having to go a full day without eating, then it sounds like you need to rethink your weight class.

Just curious, are you in high school or college? My son did wrestling, but he was going through a major growth spurt, so it was a nightmare with declaring a weight class - he grew almost 2 inches in a year!

But, or you are stuck in your weight class for this year, Snickers makes some great protein bars. They have a good balance of quick carbs for instant energy and protein to help you last. But like most protein bars, they taste pretty bleh. My son uses them for kayaking races and triathlons- because he needs all the energy he can get, but not get too full.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
lol freebubbles. Where do you privately wrestle?

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Koala
Koala
LOL my nephews have figured out that I am ticklish so....and now there step sisters have figured this out to so I have moved from inside tickle monsters to outside triatholons-wrestling matches. Come to think about it maybe I should go pro!!! lol

Where did you think I wrestled privatly Vance??? lol never mind!!! I can just imagine!!!

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
whistle wink

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.