Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
He would sing to me, "Alright, okay, you win, I'm in love with you..." and two days ago, he called me from London to give me his rendition of "Happy Birthday." Michael Jackson, The Beer Hunter. [No, not the "Michael Jackson with the white glove," although he has worn one to tease his public from time to time.]

And yes, and I am the Beer Fox, a name that he teased me about when we first met. I brought him a bushy fox tale from Anchorage as a reminder of that first chance meeting at the University of PA Museum of Archaeology & Anthropology in March of 2005. It took us a year to get together, but then it was like magic. A few days ago, I reminded him that we go together like peanut butter and jelly. I'm in love. Still am. Always will be.

But my closest friend and object of my love passed away this morning. I will miss the superb stories he told me each night...of rugby league, his childhood, his travels, his daughter Sam and her family, and the hundreds of friends he gathered along the way. He loved me, advised me, and shared his thoughts and dreams with me.

If he has touched your life in any way - through his books, Beer Hunter series, beer tastings, inspirations...or perhaps you had a beer or whiskey (whisky)with him, please feel free to elaborate here.

The world has lost this great man, My White Rose of Yorkshire.

Last edited by Carolyn-Beer & Brewing Editor; 08/30/07 08:39 PM.

Carolyn, Beer & Brewing Editor
The Beer Fox

Beer and Brewing Website
Beer & Brewing Forums

Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
B
I am very sad to here about the passing of Michael Jackson. For 5 years I have attended the Monks annual beer night with "The Beer Hunter" and have discussed beers from around the worlds with him. He was such a great man and he will be missed!
Carolyn, I am sorry for your saddness. Even though we do not know each other well, we did meet at last years beer dinner. I was the girl who had her breast signed....... I can't believe he is gone...... I will miss his conversations with me at monks. If you need someone to talk to you can always email me at rae323@comcast.net.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Ah, yes, I remember the signing well! In fact, I must have your picture in my personal photo album. Pink bra or white blouse? There were two, if you recall.

There will be a National Toast to Michael Jackson's memory on Sunday, September 30th at 9:00 eastern, 8:00 central, 7:00 Mountain, and 6:00 Pacific for the benefit of the National Parkinson's Foundation. I will be at Monk's that night. Perhaps I will see you there.

Details here:
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Carolyn, Beer & Brewing Editor
The Beer Fox

Beer and Brewing Website
Beer & Brewing Forums

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.