Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
brangill, opqrst997236, abcdef275892, uvwxyz211086, Salume Kh
57221 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57218 Members
417 Forums
113026 Topics
801225 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 883
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 471
Beetlemess 305
Nancy Roussy 147
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 115
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 90
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 72
Sandra Investing/HFinance 45
Susan - Meditation Editor 43
Mona - Astronomy 39
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#324975 - 06/26/07 07:02 PM First names that go with Rosa?
Nancy - Baby Names Editor Offline
Parakeet

Loc: USA
Hi all,

A reader e-mailed me the other day asking for first names to go with the middle name Rosa.

The reader really likes Monique, Lauren and Katherine, but doesn't feel that these names fit with Rosa.

What are your ideas?

PS - The reader's surname is a 2-syllable Spanish name that starts with "M."

Add First names that go with Rosa? to Twitter Add First names that go with Rosa? to Facebook Add First names that go with Rosa? to MySpace Add First names that go with Rosa? to Del.icio.us Digg First names that go with Rosa? Add First names that go with Rosa? to Yahoo My Web Add First names that go with Rosa? to Google Bookmarks Add First names that go with Rosa? to Stumbleupon Add First names that go with Rosa? to Reddit
#324988 - 06/26/07 07:28 PM Re: First names that go with Rosa? [Re: Nancy - Baby Names Editor]
lala21 Offline
Gecko

Loc: Canada
Elizabeth?

Add Re: First names that go with Rosa? to Twitter Add Re: First names that go with Rosa? to Facebook Add Re: First names that go with Rosa? to MySpace Add Re: First names that go with Rosa? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: First names that go with Rosa? Add Re: First names that go with Rosa? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: First names that go with Rosa? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: First names that go with Rosa? to Stumbleupon Add Re: First names that go with Rosa? to Reddit
#325019 - 06/26/07 10:06 PM Re: First names that go with Rosa? [Re: lala21]
JanZeiger Offline
Parakeet

Loc: Central Florida
This is not what she was asking for, but I had a friend years ago named Rosa Marina.

Visit Me on SQUIDOO
Usborne Books for Kids

Add Re: First names that go with Rosa? to Twitter Add Re: First names that go with Rosa? to Facebook Add Re: First names that go with Rosa? to MySpace Add Re: First names that go with Rosa? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: First names that go with Rosa? Add Re: First names that go with Rosa? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: First names that go with Rosa? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: First names that go with Rosa? to Stumbleupon Add Re: First names that go with Rosa? to Reddit
#325042 - 06/27/07 12:17 AM Re: First names that go with Rosa? [Re: JanZeiger]
cela Offline
Shark

Loc: Mississippi USA
How about Anna Rosa or Isabella Rosa? Those are pretty. If the surname starts with "M" and she's Anna Rosa, her initals will spell, "ARM,"--not so good. Isabella Rosa is better!

#325066 - 06/27/07 02:30 AM Re: First names that go with Rosa? [Re: cela]
BellaDeb Offline
Zebra

Loc: Memphis, TN
Joey
Lindsay
Astrid
Nicolette
Leah
Mara
Faith
Grace
Sydney
Dionne
Danna
Emily
Lou
Pia
Mia

Smart Marketing Works

#326069 - 07/02/07 03:16 AM Re: First names that go with Rosa? [Re: BellaDeb]
Nancy - Baby Names Editor Offline
Parakeet

Loc: USA
Ok, let's see...

The three examples (Monique, Lauren, Katherine) are classic girl names that end with consonant sounds. So I tried to stick with this pattern when picking out suggestions.

Also, both the middle and last names are trochaic (2-syllables with a stress on the first), so I did my best to avoid first names that followed this pattern (three in a row might sound too repetitive).

Here are the names I came up with:

Amelia
Annabelle
Annaliese
Ariel
Candace
Caroline
Celeste
Emmaline
Giselle
Irene
Isabel
Josephine
Lillian
Madeleine
Marianne
Mariel
Marilyn
Marisa
Michelle
Orianne
Sage
Selene
Theresa
Vivian
Yolanda

#326845 - 07/05/07 03:46 PM Re: First names that go with Rosa? [Re: Nancy - Baby Names Editor]
jeannie117 Offline
Amoeba

Rosa sounds very Spanish to me, so I think a Spanish or even Italian first name would be good.

Maybe Katherine could be turned to Katerina. Katerina Rosa or even Katrina Rosa... would that be okay?

My other suggestions would be Carmina, Vanessa, Maria (which is common), and Victoria.

Hope that helps. laugh

#326896 - 07/05/07 11:26 PM Re: First names that go with Rosa? [Re: jeannie117]
MRS. JAIE Offline

Loc: FL
I AM GOOD WITH COMING UP WITH UNHEARD OF NAMES AND MY FIRST NAME THAT CAME TO MY MIND WAS NYENA NOT AT ALL COMMON I THINK IT SOUNDS NICE TOGETHER NYENA ROSA HOPE U LIKE

Edited by MRS. JAIE (07/05/07 11:33 PM)

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Favorite Song?
by Nina Xie
Classical Music
Today at 06:13 AM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by Rosie 66
Comedy Movies
Today at 05:22 AM
Replace one word... (new game)
by Rosie 66
Comedy Movies
Today at 05:01 AM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Rosie 66
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 04:53 AM
Are You Living Your Truth
by Tracy - Philosophy
Philosophy
Today at 04:18 AM
MAVEN is in Mars orbit!
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 03:24 AM
Latch Hook
by Angie
Rugmaking
Yesterday at 10:42 PM
What Are You Proud of Today?
by Rayna - Depression Editor
Depression
Yesterday at 10:18 PM
How is your library senior friendly?
by Pam - Senior Issues
Senior Issues
Yesterday at 09:27 PM
Down Came the Rain by Brooke Shields Book Review
by Rayna - Depression Editor
Depression
Yesterday at 08:26 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 65 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.