Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
geraldrice, Letonya M., xaritsu, elina, lah123
57012 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57013 Members
417 Forums
112561 Topics
795863 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 769
Beetlemess 628
Karm - SW USA Editor 355
Nancy Roussy 178
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 165
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 134
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 131
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 126
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 117
Linu 99
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#321819 - 06/14/07 02:13 AM Why learn Arabic?
Julie - Computer Careers Offline
Parakeet

Loc: Portland, OR, USA
My latest article discusses some of my reasons for studying Arabic.

Why Study Arabic?

What are some of your reasons why you are or would like to study Arabic or any other language?

Julie

Add Why learn Arabic? to Twitter Add Why learn Arabic? to Facebook Add Why learn Arabic? to MySpace Add Why learn Arabic? to Del.icio.us Digg Why learn Arabic? Add Why learn Arabic? to Yahoo My Web Add Why learn Arabic? to Google Bookmarks Add Why learn Arabic? to Stumbleupon Add Why learn Arabic? to Reddit
#321926 - 06/14/07 10:47 AM Re: Why learn Arabic? [Re: Julie - Computer Careers]
babak Offline
Gecko

Loc: Iran
Originally Posted By: /
Charlemagne said "To have another language is to possess a second soul." Learning another language helps you to be able to think in different ways and better understand the culture and thought of speakers of that language,

Nicely said. Yeah you reasons are rational.
Where I am, there are a lot of Arab. My father can speak Arabic fluently and my wife can understand and speak a bit according to her job but I'm so weak in this language, as we say "I'm completely Arab in Arabic language"! lol
I have to learn Arabic anyway I think.

Add Re: Why learn Arabic? to Twitter Add Re: Why learn Arabic? to Facebook Add Re: Why learn Arabic? to MySpace Add Re: Why learn Arabic? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Why learn Arabic? Add Re: Why learn Arabic? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Why learn Arabic? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Why learn Arabic? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Why learn Arabic? to Reddit
#324459 - 06/24/07 05:29 AM Re: Why learn Arabic? [Re: Julie - Computer Careers]
babak Offline
Gecko

what it mean?!!
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Add Re: Why learn Arabic? to Twitter Add Re: Why learn Arabic? to Facebook Add Re: Why learn Arabic? to MySpace Add Re: Why learn Arabic? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Why learn Arabic? Add Re: Why learn Arabic? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Why learn Arabic? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Why learn Arabic? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Why learn Arabic? to Reddit
#324613 - 06/25/07 12:54 AM Re: Why learn Arabic? [Re: babak]
Parakeet

Originally Posted By: babak
what it mean?!!

What does what mean? - Julie

#325810 - 06/30/07 07:35 AM Re: Why learn Arabic? [Re: Julie - Computer Careers]
babak Offline
Gecko

it was a mistake, I don't know how that happened!
my post disapeard and when I check from "my posts" it was there. pardon it was just a mistake nothing else.

#325947 - 07/01/07 01:39 AM Re: Why learn Arabic? [Re: babak]
Parakeet

Oh good, I thought maybe I was missing something! Glad we didn't lose your comment!

#327487 - 07/08/07 08:48 PM Re: Why learn Arabic? [Re: Julie - Computer Careers]
kibrisli7 Offline
Shark

Loc: London, UK
Hi Julie, I'm happy you have chosen to learn Arabic.

I have started taking tuition since November too.
Of all the languages I have tried to learn, Arabic is very unique and expressive.

You may not be a Muslim, but a lot of people appreciate the beauty of Arabic when reading the Quran.

What method of learning are you using?
Do you have a teacher?

I am studying using the University of Madinah Arabic course. It has been challenging but not as difficult as Id expect.

#327536 - 07/09/07 02:03 AM Re: Why learn Arabic? [Re: kibrisli7]
Parakeet

I'm studying online through Arab Academy and then supplimenting it with various books because I do better when I hear things explained a couple of different ways. Arab Academy is wonderful, particularly for learning the alphabet and sounds. I really like Rosetta Stone too, but I can't really afford both. The biggest problem I have is that everything I'm doing is self-paced, so it's really easy to let it slide when I'm otherwise busy!

Julie

#328009 - 07/10/07 10:16 PM Re: Why learn Arabic? [Re: Julie - Computer Careers]
kibrisli7 Offline
Shark

Loc: London, UK
I tried the Rosseta stone CDs...
Not a good way to start for me.

I look back at it now and I find it easier now that I have progressed in the madinah arabic courses which mainly just teach grammer.

Check it out its free.

www.madinaharabic.com

Moderator:  Rachel - Middle East 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
6 minutes 26 seconds ago
Where Is Meditation?
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
10 minutes 2 seconds ago
Kindle Review-A Device for Adults with ADD
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
43 minutes 21 seconds ago
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
47 minutes 32 seconds ago
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
49 minutes 37 seconds ago
2014 Eating Log
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
51 minutes 35 seconds ago
Kidnapped Nigerian girls: should we get involved?
by Gordon Barlow
Human Rights
52 minutes 34 seconds ago
What did you dream about last night?
by Nancy Roussy
Dreams
55 minutes 45 seconds ago
Better Nutrition Helps ADD
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 11:33 AM
Replace one word... (new game)
by Beetlemess
Comedy Movies
Today at 11:28 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
2 registered (Susan - Meditation Editor, 1 invisible), 136 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.