Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#311786 05/07/07 04:45 PM
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
If you won a custom paint design on your bike, what would it be? Would it be graphics, vivid color, pearl coat, thirty layers of clear coat, skulls, etc....? I saw a custom paint job that had what I thought were metallic roses but when I got up close and personal, they were skulls. Very cool!

Mine would be a custom designed dragon. The flames from the mouth would be on the front fender, head and wings on gas tank, and tail snaking around the rear fender. The tank would be red, the dragon a jewel tone blue-teal, green, yellow accents. This is hard to describe but it would be totally awesome.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
I keep saying that I want my bike painted in that reflective paint they use for the roads. Cars will never say they didn't see me coming!!

I collect frog figurines and such, so I always thought a froggy bike would be cool. Maybe painted vibrant green with little tree frogs peaking out from all over... smile

#366134 01/13/08 05:45 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Nancy - I love the description of the dragon. I never thought much about bike painting. I know when I was a bit younger, it was very "hip" to do the van painting. Froggie - I love your frog fascination. I like frogs as well.

Michelle Anne Cope
Short Stories Editor

#366426 01/14/08 08:07 PM
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Froggie - I also love the frog idea! What a cool bike design....

F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
Are you trying to get a custom paint job listed as part of the sweepstakes, Nancy? Now that would be a good prize!! smile

#366782 01/15/08 08:49 PM
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Froggie

A great idea. You never know, I will find out what I can.

F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
laugh That would be awesome! smile

I've been reading up on custom motorcycle paint jobs. It's really kool what you can do because there are so many option out there with the different types of paint being produced. It's fascinating what you can come up with just using the colors available. Within the next few months I want to buy an airbrush and teach myself so I can one day custom paint motorcycles and cars myself.

I honestly can't decide what I would put on a bike. I have so many ideas.. like tribal and flames and skulls are kool, they'll be around forever.. but I also don't want to do something that common... I had an idea that was originally for a car, but I am wondering if I can put it on a bike as well... shredding ribbons...it's a solid ribbon that starts on the front fender, and once it hits the back of the part, it's like the tire tears it up into 3 or 4 pieces that dance across the frame and tank of the bike until it hits the back fender and like evaporates.. I'd do it in black and white with metallic and pearl paints, but do it in such a way that its like a ghost, so you can see the design flowing across the bike, but only at a certain angle.

I can't brain today...
...I have the stupid.
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
If you do that design, I would love to see. It's sounds beautiful. One dealership had custom painting Annapolis. What I thought was beautiful white and gold metallic roses turned out to be clusters of skull heads on the tank, just as gruesomely beautiful.

i've been reading books that joann bortles of crazy horse painting writes, and she's well known for custom painting chopper bikes. i've seen some of her work, and it's amazing what you can do with an airbrush. in one of her books she saw a design of what looked like roses, and up close it turned out to be skulls.

bortles kind of inspires me. but any of my ideas have been my own idea of beauty. a ribbon is a serene object, but the wheels tearing it up kinda gives an image of rampant chaos.

i'm into cars and bikes, and my boyfriend is as well. his influence drives me crazy with ideas sometimes. i've seen a lot of custom work in the few years i've been into custom auto painting and the ideal pinstripping and flames and skulls is like.. boring standard stuff to me. yeah its popular to hell, easily customizable, and will never disappear. but thats just it.. its so popular, that i rarely see anything different on the streets.

from a race scene forum i got a link of a custom "painted" lamborghini gallardo and it drove me absolutely insane. the entire thing was graffitied with black sharpie marker over a white base coat. it has to be the most beautiful thing i have ever seen. i dont even like lambo's that much but the paint job absolutely floored me. i would die to have a chance to do something like it with sharpies but of my own design. the effort put into this had to be colosal. http://www.flickr.com/photos/vodcars/sets/72157603104900070/ i would love to try something like this, but use like.. an eclipse auto paint which is a heat reactive black to white or blue to white color changing paint.

I can't brain today...
...I have the stupid.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.