Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
johnnie55, uveuleurz, Noitartst, KAMI, Betty6123
57305 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57306 Members
417 Forums
113276 Topics
803672 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 578
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 374
Beetlemess 279
Jana - Creativity Editor 263
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 81
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 59
Dorcy 54
Nancy Roussy 53
Linu 47
Sandra Investing/HFinance 46
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#287478 - 01/12/07 07:16 AM Name Game: This or That?
Nancy - Baby Names Editor Offline
Parakeet

Loc: USA
If you had to pick one or the other, which would you opt for and why?

Boldface the one you like better and write a quick explanation about why chose the one you did (or, if it's easier, why you didn't choose the other).

GIRLS
Mary or Mackenzie?
Amber or Emerald?
Jessica or June?
Kelli or Kayla?
Bambi or Bernadette?

BOYS
Earl or Emerson?
Isaac or Yves?
Robert or Roosevelt?
Sylvester or Scott?
Lindsay or Luigi?

Add Name Game: This or That? to Twitter Add Name Game: This or That? to Facebook Add Name Game: This or That? to MySpace Add Name Game: This or That? to Del.icio.us Digg Name Game: This or That? Add Name Game: This or That? to Yahoo My Web Add Name Game: This or That? to Google Bookmarks Add Name Game: This or That? to Stumbleupon Add Name Game: This or That? to Reddit
#287482 - 01/12/07 07:54 AM Re: Name Game: This or That? [Re: Nancy - Baby Names Editor]
alletsarret Offline

Loc: Illinois
I'd choose Mary, it sounds more elegant and would look nicer on a business card. (For her future)

Amber - Emerald is a very pretty name, one which I have never thought of, but almost sounds like to me that it shouldn't be a name.

June - Jessica is a nice name but it very popular and I know too many Jessicas I don't like. (Honest answer)

Kayla - Kelli (or Kelly) is a boys name to me. I know it's used as a girls name now days but it originially wasn't and I have known more male Kelly's than female. I also don't prefer swaping i's with y's. Just me.

Bernadette - Not thrilled with that but the name Bambi makes me immediatly think a little on the "trampy" side. (Sorry to anyone named Bambi)

Emerson - Sounds like a handsome name, Earl does a little too but doesn't sounds as distinguished.

Isaac - Classic name. I'm assuming Yves is pronounced like "vess" but I could be wrong. I just like Isaac better.

Robert - Roosevelt just sounds like a last name to me. I'm sure you can imagine why.

Scott - Just don't like Sylvester.

Lindsay - I think it's actually a very unique name for a boy. I think a boy might get teased with it a little but not as much as Luigi. Also, Luigi also seems like one of those names that will never look good on a business card. Just my opinion.

Thanks, that was fun.

Add Re: Name Game: This or That? to Twitter Add Re: Name Game: This or That? to Facebook Add Re: Name Game: This or That? to MySpace Add Re: Name Game: This or That? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Name Game: This or That? Add Re: Name Game: This or That? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Name Game: This or That? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Name Game: This or That? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Name Game: This or That? to Reddit
#287494 - 01/12/07 09:37 AM Re: Name Game: This or That? [Re: Nancy - Baby Names Editor]
Nancy - Baby Names Editor Offline
Parakeet

Loc: USA
You're welcome! I'm glad you liked it. smile

Mary or Mackenzie? - It was hard to decide between them, but Mary wins because it's just so well established.

Amber or Emerald? - I think of Emerald as being a little more mature-sounding than Amber. Also, Emmie might make a cute nn.

Jessica or June? - I appreciate that June is simple and not as common as Jessica.

Kelli or Kayla? - Hm... I don't really have a clear favorite here, so I'll go with Kayla because I have a niece with this name.

Bambi or Bernadette? - I really like Bernadette, actually. I know some people think it sounds frumpy, but I think it's cool.

Earl or Emerson? - I like that many people associate the name Emerson with literature/philosophy.

Isaac or Yves? - Yves is exotic-sounding without being too burdensome (i.e., it's not a big challenge to pronounce/spell).

Robert or Roosevelt? - I like that it's just different. smile

Sylvester or Scott? - To me, Sylvester seems to have a little more personality than Scott does.

Lindsay or Luigi? - If I had a son named Luigi, we'd have to eat pasta every night! Hehe. I like that Luigi is spunky and shortens easily to Lou.

Add Re: Name Game: This or That? to Twitter Add Re: Name Game: This or That? to Facebook Add Re: Name Game: This or That? to MySpace Add Re: Name Game: This or That? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Name Game: This or That? Add Re: Name Game: This or That? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Name Game: This or That? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Name Game: This or That? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Name Game: This or That? to Reddit

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
New game - Quote it
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Creativity
26 minutes 30 seconds ago
Word From Last Letter Game
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 05:21 PM
Shopping at Walmart Game
Home Finance
Today at 05:20 PM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
Comedy Movies
Today at 05:19 PM
Music ABC game
Pop Music
Today at 05:17 PM
It's Halloween Time
Horror Movies
Today at 04:08 PM
I went NUTS last week!
Home Cooking
Today at 01:14 PM
Weekly Monday Weigh-In
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Low Carb
Today at 01:05 PM
Weight Milestone Signs
Low Carb
Today at 01:04 PM
What do you Have for Breakfast?
Low Carb
Today at 01:02 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
2 registered (ancientflaxman, Lisa - Buddhism), 84 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.