Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
anton83, faclinic, Vermontwhitewolf, zenwindowsboston, protegopooja24
57239 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57240 Members
417 Forums
113110 Topics
801878 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 846
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 520
Beetlemess 220
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 176
Nancy Roussy 118
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 115
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 70
Jana - Creativity Editor 69
Sandra Investing/HFinance 49
Susan - Meditation Editor 45
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#234950 - 03/02/06 09:14 PM 12 words that best describe a Boy Scout
Eagleone Offline
Jellyfish

Loc: Arlington, Texas
If you had to describe a Boy Scout or Scouting in 12 words, what would they be? You don't get full credit if you decided to use the 12 points of the Scout Law. I have my ideas, but I am interested in what others think.

Add 12 words that best describe a Boy Scout to Twitter Add 12 words that best describe a Boy Scout to Facebook Add 12 words that best describe a Boy Scout to MySpace Add 12 words that best describe a Boy Scout to Del.icio.us Digg 12 words that best describe a Boy Scout Add 12 words that best describe a Boy Scout to Yahoo My Web Add 12 words that best describe a Boy Scout to Google Bookmarks Add 12 words that best describe a Boy Scout to Stumbleupon Add 12 words that best describe a Boy Scout to Reddit
#234951 - 03/02/06 10:49 PM Re: 12 words that best describe a Boy Scout
Stephanie Austin Offline
Shark

Loc: Washington DC
well, I'm going to take a stab at this. Do you mean personality traits? That's what I'm thinking...

Diligent
Helpful
Adventureous
Compassionate
Active
Fun-loving
Creative
Social
Team players

Wow, this is more difficult than I thought. How'd I do?

Add Re: 12 words that best describe a Boy Scout to Twitter Add Re: 12 words that best describe a Boy Scout to Facebook Add Re: 12 words that best describe a Boy Scout to MySpace Add Re: 12 words that best describe a Boy Scout to Del.icio.us Digg Re: 12 words that best describe a Boy Scout Add Re: 12 words that best describe a Boy Scout to Yahoo My Web Add Re: 12 words that best describe a Boy Scout to Google Bookmarks Add Re: 12 words that best describe a Boy Scout to Stumbleupon Add Re: 12 words that best describe a Boy Scout to Reddit
#234952 - 03/03/06 04:20 AM Re: 12 words that best describe a Boy Scout
Eagleone Offline
Jellyfish

Pretty good- since Scouting means lots of things to lots of people, some folks probably have different ideas. We'll see if there are some other thoughts. Obviously there are no right answers. I'll give you my thoughts in a bit. Thanks for your input.

Add Re: 12 words that best describe a Boy Scout to Twitter Add Re: 12 words that best describe a Boy Scout to Facebook Add Re: 12 words that best describe a Boy Scout to MySpace Add Re: 12 words that best describe a Boy Scout to Del.icio.us Digg Re: 12 words that best describe a Boy Scout Add Re: 12 words that best describe a Boy Scout to Yahoo My Web Add Re: 12 words that best describe a Boy Scout to Google Bookmarks Add Re: 12 words that best describe a Boy Scout to Stumbleupon Add Re: 12 words that best describe a Boy Scout to Reddit
#234953 - 03/03/06 04:30 AM Re: 12 words that best describe a Boy Scout
GtownmaGenealogy Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Germantown, TN
Loyal
Trustworthy
goals
camper
Dedicated
excited
teachable
interest
seekers
example
active
Love of God

Tina Sansone
Ebook Manager
GENEALOGY Editor

#234954 - 03/03/06 07:51 PM Re: 12 words that best describe a Boy Scout
Eagleone Offline
Jellyfish

Good choices. I developed mine from how I closed my troop meetings- I'll post mine Monday. Maybe you guys will think I cheated.

#234955 - 03/06/06 04:12 PM Re: 12 words that best describe a Boy Scout
Eagleone Offline
Jellyfish

There are no right answers of course. What I was thinking when I asked the question was:

"On my honor I will do my best.." and "A Scout is Trustworthy."

We always closed our meetings with "The first 8 words of the Scout Oath." My thought was if they said every week that they would always do their best, that it might stick.

In Boards of Review for Eagle, I always ask which point of the Scout Law is most important to the Scout. "Trustworthy" is the response most often given. "Reverent" is the second.

#234956 - 09/29/06 07:19 AM Re: 12 words that best describe a Boy Scout
Megan M Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: Brisbane, Australia
Enthusiastic
Community spirited
trustworthy
honest
reliable
fun-loving
courteous
kind
conscientious
moral
loyal
loud!

#323417 - 06/19/07 02:30 PM Re: 12 words that best describe a Boy Scout [Re: Megan M]
Ms A Offline
Gecko

Chaotic has to be in there somewhere (at least the meetings can be!)

I would have said camping, but someone already did.

learning

#335038 - 08/21/07 03:54 AM Re: 12 words that best describe a Boy Scout [Re: Ms A]
Megan M Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: Brisbane, Australia
Oh yes - chaotic! Absolute chaos.

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Word From Last Letter Game
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Contests & Sweepstakes
24 minutes 34 seconds ago
Keeping a Relationship Fresh with ADD
Attention Deficit Disorder
46 minutes 25 seconds ago
The Gifts of ADD
Attention Deficit Disorder
48 minutes 43 seconds ago
Soup du jour
Sandwiches
56 minutes 29 seconds ago
What you need to know about NLP and Life Coach
by djamel eddine chakrar
Life Coaching
Today at 09:08 AM
A Mother's Second Wish
by Linda Sue Grimes
Poetry
Today at 08:15 AM
Individual Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe
by Michelle -Chocolate
Chocolate
Today at 07:05 AM
Where do you walk?
by Rosie 66
Walking
Today at 05:52 AM
What is your experience with supplements?
by Rosie 66
Depression
Today at 05:47 AM
What Did You Write Today?
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Fiction Writing
Today at 04:06 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 93 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.