logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
What are your problems in setting and achieving your goals? Is it writing clear SMART goals or follow through or finding time to work on your priorities or something else?

I'm working on future content for the site and would like your feedback--what's holding you back?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
Hey Deb

I've been meaning to come in here for some time now. My issue is just feeling overwhelmed by the number of thing I want to accomplish.

I usually set too many goals and even though most of the time I get things done I end up feeling like a crazed lunatic trying to get it all done.

Example: last year I decided that I wanted to transition out of training and work online more. I cut back to 6 clients, 1 bootcamp and you know I have 2 sites here plus my other site fwg which is a lot of work. I wanted to improve my fwg traffic rank and boost my subscribers as well as double income from adsense, amazon, and clickbank. I was taking all kinds of ecourses to learn how to do all this then I got burned out so instead of taking a step back I started a new site on a subject that was not related to exercise or weightloss.

It was a nice break but more work. I have a really hard time just focusing on one task. It's like if I don't have 10 things going then I'm not really "working" and I think I feel this because I work from home. I had a friend the other day who said "man, I need to take a page from your book and just stay home and do nothing".

I told him nothing can get pretty intense sometimes. I know tons of women who run blogs who feel this way too. Why do we put so much pressure on ourselves and then burn out before we reach out goals. BTW, I did accomplish all that last year but it was very stressful.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Thank you so much for sharing Monica. I'm going to ponder this and see if I can come up with some tips for an article. We were talking in last night's chat about Type A overachievers and how we do just that--too darn much. But, congrats on your acievements!

Most people who say things like that about working from home have never done it & have no idea. The reality for most of us is that an 8-hour workday happens only on weekends! Our work is right here all the time & beckons constantly. When I first started working from home, I barely remembered to do laundry on a regular basis. So, all that is just jealousy and ignorance of what really happens. But, in my case I tell them they should visit my SOHO site as I help people find great business ideas so they can work from home, too. Usually shuts them right up!

I teach a class on customer service & marketing to independent contractors and I cover taking care of yourself as part of it because if we don't take care of ourselves, we don't eat. We are our most valuable business resource and although getting things done (and LOTS of them) is essential, it's also important to have balance and pace ourselves. I have "burned out" and can easily slip back into "workaholic" tendencies.

I do think defining and posting priorities and "current goals" helps with the focus. We just can't do it all right now. So, I keep a file of "want to do" ideas and make myself promise not to do those until my priority goals are done.

Right now, for me, I've dropped back to one site and I can't tell you how many times I get an idea for another site & go check to see if it's available! But, I have ebooks and other stuff that I HAVE to do before I will even seriously consider that. I realized last fall when I got sick that I had so many projects that I was not fully devoting myself to any one of them enough and I was scattered. So, I cut back a lot! I'm still just as busy, but it's more focused.

Elephant
Elephant
Quote:
I do think defining and posting priorities and "current goals" helps with the focus. We just can't do it all right now. So, I keep a file of "want to do" ideas and make myself promise not to do those until my priority goals are done.

Thanks so much Deb. That's a great idea. I will try this.

I definitely have days when I don't eat and I don't clean or cook and sometimes I'm working so much I even forget to spend quality time with my son then I feel so guilty about this.

My boyfriend told me I needed to stop being such a workaholic overachiever. That things don't happen overnight. Funny you used those words too.

He actually made me sign up for the aerial dance class I'm taking now. It's the first thing I've done anything for myself in 3 years and it was so hard to take the time out to even go sign up but I'm glad I listened to him. Taking 1 hour a week to go do that has helped me tons and it helped me decide that I didn't need a 4th site after all. I just needed an outlet to go have fun.

Thanks for your input and all your tips. Look forward to reading your article.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
Setting goals is not a problem with me it is achieving them where I have a problem. Either someone else ruins it for me or I am the one who ruins it for myself.

Moderated by  CarlaCano-Walking Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.