Print Thread
#511763 04/11/09 05:33 PM
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I have a lot of body care cosmetics. Part of it are the things I need to review for this topic...but in reality, I just really seem to horde cosmetics.

I recently moved into an RV and am dedicated to only have in here the things I use and love. My goal to use up the extras that I have, review them, and to only stock things currently needed and in use. I have so much stuff that it will take a while.

But in the meantime, I thought I would document what I am using up, what I have, and what I plan to keep around. I encourage you to join in with your journey in decluttering your bathrooms and vanity counters!

I'm starting with hand lotions. I have a ton! Right now I have picked out one to live by the kitchen sink, one in the bathroom by the shower, and one by my bedside, for my hands at night. I also keep a small one in my purse.

I am happy to report that my kitchen sink one is almost used up (Kiss My face lotion) - I use this after I wash dishes and clean around the house. I will have to look in my bins soon for another one to put in it's place.

Do you have a lot of lotions lying around? Do you use them, and where do you keep them?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
I bought 4 lotions at Bath & Body Works around Christmas time with the intention of using them as gifts. LOL I did give one as a gift, but still have 3 here. Well, I ran out of a lotion so instead of buying a cheap-o lotion for myself I grabbed a B&B lotion & put it on my desk. smile

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
You gotta love the intended-gift angle. Heh. Are you not using your own lotions through Eclectic Lady? queen

For my bathroom lotion i have a pump bottle with a lotion i got as a gift. It was only one third full, so I emptied out another two that were also at that level and put all three in the pump bottle.

So, yeah, i am mixing lotions, but i did manage to recycle two empty bottles this way, and this is the all over-after shower lotion anyway - this one goes fast.

I picked out the next one to go by the sink as a hand lotion once my Kiss Your Face is used up. It's got a Santa on the front, but is a nice squeezable hand lotion. I just have to find it. I have things stashed away all over my new home.

Okay, found it. It's an Avon thing.

It feels so good to use things up!

Last edited by Jilly; 04/20/09 02:33 PM.
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Okay, I used up the Kiss Your Face lotion. I cut open the bottle to get the last bits out, then recycled the container.

I'm glad it's summer, as I use a lot of lotion when it's hot out. This way i can use up more lotions faster.

I am thinking the lotion that I will keep and start buying (once I've used everything else up) will be my "Paula's Choice Slip Into Silk Body Lotion with Antioxidants".

So now I will think next about what cosmetics to use up. I have a TON of shampoos and soaps, because I love LUSH and I hoard my Lush things like precious jewels. Weird, yeah. smile

A
Amoeba
Amoeba
A
Im ashamed to say I have a lot of lotions too. I have allergies so, I am always trying to find something that suits me. When I do find it they discontinue it so, I end up stocking them up. I keep them just about everywhere, Drawers in the bed, in my wardrobe, cupboards. Its obscene to put it lightly. Bidroga body cream is my absolute favourite and I use it sparingly. its about $77.00 ouch im glad someone else bought it.

N
N
Years ago when I had a job and it paid well I used to buy different types of body washes, hand creams and body creams and after I lost my job before moving to another city I went to where all these bottles were and wow there was a lot of these bottles. Some have just a little product left and some almost had everything left. Everything ended up in the garbage, I probably got rid of at least 1000$ worth of products that day. Since then I have not done that, everything has end up fully used.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.