logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#892973 05/28/15 05:10 AM
M
OP Offline
M
I have been dating someone for about three months now, started off great -- age old story. He's a pretty well known performer so us finally meeting (we grew up in the same area) and hitting it off was so exciting. He's been intermittenly showing a great deal
Of effort. Because he has a certain level of fame and money this creates two big issues:

1. It brings up my own fears and insecurities about never being famous enough as an actress or never having enough money.
And
2. It means that he hasn't had much experience with normal relationships. And when I say normal I mean having a woman who is not in some way with you for fame or money. Obviously those things can be nice, but for me I'm interested in our genuine connection and the fact that, at least I thought, we have similar goals for ourselves in terms of a relationship.

So what's been happening is this on and off thing. He wants it. Then he gets scared. What if she derails my career? What if she makes me lose focuses? Will I have time? How will I coordinate seeing her? And I get all those questions, those are valid. But for me the issue is, "are you willing to try?" Because if you are then let's try!
My question is, how do I know when to walk away? I am so willing. I'm so open to giving this a try and I want to. But I also can't force someone to grow. Because he hasn't done a certain level of internal work which he needs for any relationship to work. I want to try, but also don't want to compromise myself. And furthermore, how could I use this as a chance to clear some of those negative self beliefs?

Signed,
Discouraged

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
This is probably one of the more thought provocative, Soul-searching questions I've seen on this site...

You hit pretty much everything, mind, body, Soul & Spiritual self as well.

The attraction, from what you've written seems to be clear on both ends; much like a "teeter-totter."

The balancing of fame and/or money (which believe me is out there so much) and the human connection; Love, is one of a delicate dance, from what I've felt in many a relations.

The best I can offer is how well do you understand yourself: Strengths and weaknesses?

From the weaknesess 1st! - those things we can improve upon on our own. What does it take being comfortable being on our own and acknowledging that thing within...that light.

When you're sure - certain you have that thing and it's worth value, it shines.

When you shine, you're like that of a beacon and others, some good, some not so good are drawn to you.

Fame, money, eh...those come and go, like a market - I think there's a saying, "My 15 minutes of fame" and there's a reason.

If your Soul is ready for love BUT you're also in term for a career, if the person in question is drawn to both, you'll have found your Soul-mate.

It's all about balance - hate to sound cliche, but when it's off...it's off. What you do w/that information can turn your world around, just around the corner of perspective even.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.