Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#871818 07/22/14 08:14 PM
N
N1k0le Offline OP
OP Offline
N
So right now I'm on the fence of coming to terms with and accepting my new body post weight gain or starting the journey of losing weight. I'm fairly petite 5'3" and never weighed more than 120lbs in high school. Now I'm 21 and after going to college, being in a long term relationship (just got married in May!!) and having some hormonal issues, I now weigh between 170-175lbs. My doctors say once my hormonal issues resolve I could drop a few pounds without trying, but even if I don't not to worry, that I'm still fairly healthy, despite having a high bmi. My cholesterol, blood pressure, and blood sugar are all good. They also said its a plus that most of my weight is not around my middle, so that's less stress on my heart (my measurements are 41-32-44). But to get to the point I guess I'm asking should I get rid of all my old clothes that don't fit anymore and get some new things to wear for the new me and accept my post weight gain physique or possibly try to lose a few? What would you do? Open to all positive suggestions and feedback.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
N1k0le #875976 08/30/14 01:12 PM
M
M
I've been where you are before and it can be quite frustrating. I gained 40lbs during the course of being in college and working, which is very easy to do! I debated on whether or not I should keep my old "smaller" clothes and just get an entirely new wardrobe, or knuckle down and get the weight off quickly so I could wear them. I felt as though I had to answer "Are you going to lose weight or not?" ALL the time to myself. This went on for at least 2 years. Ultimately, I just didn't feel healthy. At 25 years old, I felt as though I could at least walk my dog without being winded. However, I did end up purchasing a few essential pieces of clothing to accommodate my "bigger" size, like jeans and a few tops. It was really a personal choice as to whether or not I lost the weight. Now, I've lost 20 lbs, so I'm really halfway, and I feel so much better. I plan on losing the other 20lbs this year, but it was never really about how my clothes fit. Hopefully this all makes sense and I apologize for the long post! I really don't think someone can answer this for you, you just have to discover it for yourself! :)

N1k0le #881261 10/27/14 08:46 AM
I recommend getting rid of anything that is not a totally timeless staple. It sounds like the physical factors contributing to your weight gain might take some time to resolve. Ask youreslf - will this be in style in a year? 5 years? I clung to my "skinny" clothes for YEARS and by the time I lost weight they were so out of style (and for a 20-year-old kid, not a 30-year-old woman) that I got rid of them anyway! Treat yourself to a few new basics, and make sure you LOVE them and feel pretty in them. Focus on whether THEY fit YOU, not the other way around, and ignore the numbers or letters on the labels. Then, when you lose the weight, some new clothes are a great way to celebrate the new you!

Moderated by  Nadine - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.