BellaOnline
Posted By: Peter - Wine In USA Women Consume More Wine than Men - 12/09/16 08:25 AM
Women Consume More Wine than Men

Women account for 57% of wine consumption by volume in America, according to the WMC Female Wine Drinker Survey 2015.

The survey also found that women rated “traditional, classic and sophisticated” labels as more intriguing than other types of labels. Women are more likely to try a new wine based on its label, or by recommendations from family, friends or store staff, but will not necessarily seek out a wine about which they've read.

Women who are highly involved wine drinkers are mostly Millennials, urban educated professionals, and more ethnically diverse than the typical wine drinker.

Wine Consumption is on the Rise

A 2015 survey developed by SSU researchers sampled 1,072 wine consumers in the US, and found that 56% drank wine daily or several times per week, categorizing them in Wine Market Council's “High Frequency Wine Drinkers” segment.

Further research by the Wine Market Council, presented at their January 2016 Conference in New York, also indicated that since 2000, the “High Frequency Wine Drinkers” People drinking wine segment has increased more than two-fold, passing from 7.6% to 13% of all adults in the US above legal drinking age.

The “Occasional Wine Drinkers” segment — defined as those that drink wine once a week or less — also grew for this period, and in 2010 represented just over 20% of the US adult population above legal drinking age.

FULL STORY at Global Wines and Spirits
There are several wines that I really enjoy. One is by Stone Hill Winery, a semi-local wine for me. It is a pink catawba. I also enjoy the delicate taste of the woodruff in May wine. Sadly, I haven't been able to find that around here for the past couple of years.
I visited Stone Hill a couple of years ago but I was tasting Norton smile

Their website shows they still make Pink Catawba but winesearcher dot com doesn't show any retailers in Kansas, how ever the winery will ship there. $7.99 a bottle, $6.79 when you buy 12.

See https://shop.stonehillwinery.com/rose-wine-c12.aspx
Posted By: KHowe Re: In USA Women Consume More Wine than Men - 10/09/17 12:10 AM
A great website for locating a specific wine is www.wine-searcher.com. It tells you where it is sold and how much it sells for. So, it's good for comparative shopping as well.
I tend to agree with this. In the US men seem to reach for beer more often? Oversees, like in Italy or Spain, I see a lot more men with wine than beer or spirits. It's interesting.
© BellaOnline Forums