BellaOnline
Posted By: bensonbarton should a man use cosmetics?? - 08/07/10 07:31 AM
I'm a man, i just use simple skin care products now, today i went shopping with my gf, i saw some cosmetics brands for man. I just wonder do u guys use cosmetics?? or girls here, tell me do ur bf usually use cosmetic products? what kinds of things and brands do u or they use??
Posted By: flower70 Re: should a man use cosmetics?? - 08/08/10 06:46 PM
I know many men that use cosmetics, face cleaners, scrubs, creams,eye creams, you name it they use it. It�s not just a girly thing anymore, more and more men are trying these things out. Why not (you) they need to take care of yourself just like every other person.
Posted By: bensonbarton Re: should a man use cosmetics?? - 08/09/10 01:30 AM
sounds really make sense! buddy!
Posted By: Di_A.A.Lit.Editor Re: should a man use cosmetics?? - 09/02/10 12:41 AM
I know some of thme do it, but I'm ole school. I say absolutely NOT. No foundation, lipstick, or mascara. LOL!
Posted By: nackblue Re: should a man use cosmetics?? - 09/17/10 04:44 AM
Yes mans also use cosmetics products but they only use creams and moisturizers and other fragrance products, not the mascura lipsticks etc...
Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: should a man use cosmetics?? - 09/17/10 03:37 PM
Brett Michaels, Michael Jackson, Emos all use cosmetics. I think it's cool if guys use products to keep their face clean and moisturized but makeup is where I draw the line. I don't even wear makeup so would not be with a dude does.
Posted By: Lori - Marriage Re: should a man use cosmetics?? - 09/17/10 04:31 PM
Men need to take care of their skin just as much as women do. As for cosmetics...if it looks clean and natural, why not? A well-cared for look is nice. Metro-sexual sharp.

But men are fortunate in that they look appealing au natural. A woman feels she needs to cover up blemishes, scars, wrinkles, etc. while a man doesn't. He just looks ruggedly handsome while a woman looks haggard.

If you feel comfortable wearing cosmetics, go for it.
Posted By: mantishd Re: should a man use cosmetics?? - 10/06/10 06:54 AM
Well.. I don't think its bad to use for men as well...Like a women, men as well wanna look more better as compared to others and have a lavish with stylish look.. SamRx[dot]com
[quote=bensonbarton]I'm a man, i just use simple skin care products now, today i went shopping with my gf, i saw some cosmetics brands for man. I just wonder do u guys use cosmetics?? or girls here, tell me do ur bf usually use cosmetic products? what kinds of things and brands do u or they use?? [/quote] Hi dude, well there are many types of products of men in cosmetics so we can use but we should use to make more perfect our personality so there is no any restriction for that you can use perfume, cream, hair color etc........
Posted By: Thomsar Re: should a man use cosmetics?? - 11/11/10 09:10 PM
[quote=Jewelry Dropshippers][quote=bensonbarton]I'm a man, i just use simple skin care products now, today i went shopping with my gf, i saw some cosmetics brands for man. I just wonder do u guys use cosmetics?? or girls here, tell me do ur bf usually use cosmetic products? what kinds of things and brands do u or they use?? [/quote] Hi dude, well there are many types of products of men in cosmetics so we can use but we should use to make more perfect our personality so there is no any restriction for that you can use perfume, cream, hair color etc........ [/quote] Times has changed unlike the olden days where men didn't use cosmetics. Today men are advanced,they take good care of their skin using male products. Most products are made from plant extracts like aloe vera and olive oil which are also used as food additives, very healthy and advisable use.
Posted By: Thomsar Re: should a man use cosmetics?? - 11/15/10 01:29 PM
[quote=Jewelry Dropshippers][quote=bensonbarton]I'm a man, i just use simple skin care products now, today i went shopping with my gf, i saw some cosmetics brands for man. I just wonder do u guys use cosmetics?? or girls here, tell me do ur bf usually use cosmetic products? what kinds of things and brands do u or they use?? [/quote] Hi dude, well there are many types of products of men in cosmetics so we can use but we should use to make more perfect our personality so there is no any restriction for that you can use perfume, cream, hair color etc........ [/quote] Times has changed unlike the olden days where men didn't use cosmetics. Today men are advanced,they take good care of their skin using male products. Most products are made from plant extracts like aloe vera and olive oil which are also used as [url=http://australianonlinecollege.com.au/food-additives.html]food additives[/url], very healthy and advisable use.
I think I've used every product going in skin care and hair care. I've been using cleanser.,toner,moisturiser since I was about 13 and had some pimples. I also had such a bad complex I used to cover them up with make-up. The trick is to buy the really good stuff so no-one can tell you're wearing anything.

I think guyliner is really cool on most guys - but I don't like anything else, unless your Adam Ant - who could pull it off and still look butch LOL.

Why should women have all the advantages in looking good and hiding scars etc.? Make-up and perfume were all originally invented for men - the only women that wore them were prostitutes. Look back at the powdered white faces, the beauty spots and wigs - it was all awesome. Women get to wear trousers and cut their hair short - and nothings said, but when a man looks feminine it's looked down on by some people - I think that's a huge statement on how they actually judge women. Why is it weak for a man to look feminine? Or Metro-sexual.

Listen to "What it feels like for a girl" by Madonna - she sums it up perfectly in the opening lines.
Steven great post; I agree, historically, certainly in England, dressing up was by no means the province of just the female sex. Interesting that the legal profession still deals in wigs and gowns - a salute to a bygone era?
Posted By: Susan-Colleges Re: should a man use cosmetics?? - 11/15/10 02:53 PM
I am not opposed to men who want to wearing cosmetics. However, I doubt most men would bother. It is a lot of trouble. I rarely wear any make up myself. Also, most people look better naturally.
Posted By: BB -Body Care Re: should a man use cosmetics?? - 11/15/10 11:35 PM
Good grooming is important for men and women. Cosmetics is just one aspect of good grooming. Let's face it. Men want to look good too, just like their wives and girlfriends. So, a face moisturizer and a little bronzer couldn't hurt.
Posted By: Jada Miranda Re: should a man use cosmetics?? - 11/23/10 01:56 AM
Yes. My broher uses some of my skin care products. Like my Omorovicza Reviving Eye Cream and Balancing Moisturizer , Neutrogena face wash and toner. His skin loves the products that I use.
Posted By: AnnabelleR Re: should a man use cosmetics?? - 11/29/10 09:35 AM
Yeah men use cosmetics as well.I too use face creams,hand creams,scrubs etc for keeping myself clean and clear.It irritates me when i feel my skins looks dirty or unrefreshed.
Posted By: cherry8080 Re: should a man use cosmetics?? - 12/03/10 03:55 AM
yes you can!
Posted By: AnnabelleR Re: should a man use cosmetics?? - 12/04/10 09:55 AM
[quote=AnnabelleR]Yeah men use cosmetics as well.I too use face creams,hand creams,scrubs etc foBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Posted By: Dianne W - Editor Re: should a man use cosmetics?? - 12/04/10 12:47 PM
I've always said it takes a strong confident man to wear a pink shirt, I suppose the same should be said of make up.
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: should a man use cosmetics?? - 12/05/10 09:00 PM
LOL, sorry, I don't care how LONELY/DESPERATE I am - if my man began wearing makeup - he or I would have to go smile

It was hard enough accepting his ONE earring (existed before we met, but better not add a SECOND one/lol) - much less to add makeup. And the pink shirt, he has not worn one yet and I hope NEVER.

But the bottom line is the man has to be himself, and I respect that. I just son't want to be intimately involved with him - I am old fashioned and that is just too "feminine" for me.

Great post smile
But it's okay for a woman to have short hair and wear trousers? To take typically mens names?
Pink is just a random colour that a hospital decided on - it could have easily been the other way around, and yet again - women can wear blue and there's no problem? Pink is a colour God created - not just for women. Like he didn't create flowers and everything else "pretty" for women. No wonder the world is so static.

Complete double standards shown by some here.
After seeing Johnny Depp in "Pirates" I believe any man can wear mascara if they want to... As for pink shirts on males- it depends on the male's coloring. It either is looks good or it doesn't- it's not right or wrong. I'm glad the rules are fuzzy because as a female I choose not to wear makeup. I'm glad I have the choice. Men should have the choice too.
Posted By: Jilly Re: should a man use cosmetics?? - 12/19/10 06:21 PM
Men can do anything they want to do and is fun for them. Just like for women. I can't see where it's anyone's business to interfere. smile
Posted By: Dianne W - Editor Re: should a man use cosmetics?? - 12/19/10 06:33 PM
My comments on the pink clothing - I know a lot of men that won't wear pink - too bad for them - so it's my experience (given the odd men I know...lol..) it takes a strong man, one who is not so concerned about what people think- to wear that color. Just like woman where blue, pink is just another of God's beautiful colors.

It was actually a compliment, my friends - not a dig. :-)
Posted By: Jilly Re: should a man use cosmetics?? - 12/19/10 06:41 PM
Dianne, i did not take it as a dig. smile My father looks great in pink, for example. My hubby doesn't wear pastels well, but he can do the dark pinks - ie - rose shades - extremely well.

I think a man wearing pink is showing self-confidence, and that can be quite sexy.
No, I never took it as a dig either D, we know you too well LOL smile
I honestly don't get the big deal (going back to the convo) if it matters if a guy wears a pink top or not - pink trousers might be funny LOL. I don't think make-up suits all guys - some guys can wear guyliner and get away with it, and some can't. I saw a guy in Top Shop over here once and he was caked in it! LOL. He had lipgloss, blusher, foundation etc. and it just looked awful - but I thought, well - if that's what he wants to do, let him I s'pose.
I think eyeliner makes nearly everyone look better though - I can't think of anyone it doesn't "help" - it's just if you can be bothered with it, or if you feel threatened by it in some way.

I think I've heard that pink is the one colour that actually suits every single skin tone (pale pink) - they always say it on TV anyways...

(I'm getting bugged by my avatar changing constantly BTW too LOL)
Posted By: Lori - Marriage Re: should a man use cosmetics?? - 12/23/10 12:15 AM
I think some of the sentiments voiced here are based on societal norms but societies evolve. Who knows? Perhaps in the not so distant future, most men will wear cosmetics that go beyond mere skin care.

If you look at nature's examples, the males are the ones who need to be flamboyant to attract mates while the females are plain to blend in with the environment to hide from predators. There are more females than males in the human population so females need to do the attracting.

All male models, actors and television personalities wear make-up to bring out their features. Just like female models, male models wouldn't seem so gorgeous without make-up. You know, the mascara to darken their lashes, tinted lip balm to moisten their lips, concealer to mask their acne. Well, maybe the exception is Mario Lopez. I saw him and his adorable dimples in real life and he is just as flippin' cute as he is on tv.

As for me? I tell people that I wear make-up as a public service so I don't scare little children and small animals on the street. Some men might want to do the same.

LOL - perhaps some guys should be made to wear make up j/k

It's true though, I think we're one rare animal where the female strutts her stuff more than the male. Peococks are a brilliant example, the males are beautiful - and the females are slightly gross - they could do with some lippy LOL.
Posted By: Lady J Re: should a man use cosmetics?? - 12/23/10 01:05 AM
I use things like clear mascara to help with my bone straight lashes going into my eyes, an eyelash curler (heated), tinted suncreen, excellent skincare products like a good cleanser, toner, and moisturizer.

I defy my age because I take care of my skin. Cosmetics for men have come and gone through the ages. No man should be ashamed to look their best.
Posted By: Elizabethharmon Re: should a man use cosmetics?? - 12/31/10 11:14 AM
My friend now a days it does not matter that weather you are a guy or a girl, both can use cosmetics. In market you find a huge range of cosmetics specially for guys. My brother uses lot of cosmetics specially designed for guys.
Posted By: Clenbut Re: should a man use cosmetics?? - 01/24/11 08:38 AM
Hi, why not. men should also use cosmetics.to bring glow to their skin. [url=http://www.clenbuterol24.com/]Clenbuterol[/url]
Posted By: Jada Miranda Re: should a man use cosmetics?? - 01/26/11 01:32 AM
I don't see anything wrong with that. As long as he knows what to put on and knows how to apply it.
Posted By: Liz Quinlan Re: should a man use cosmetics?? - 09/24/13 08:27 PM
I know the cosmetics you're talking about are mostly creams and cleansers, but the other types, like eyeliner, lipstick, etc. would be interesting to see become more mainstream for guys. Anyway, guys should feel free to wear what they want. When I was a teenager, I dated a guy who wore eyeliner sometimes. He was the rocker type, was in a few bands. Haha, at the time I thought he looked awesome, but in retrospect, he didn't pull it off that well.
Posted By: Valerie13 Re: should a man use cosmetics?? - 10/13/13 08:09 AM
IMO, I think guys can wear cosmetics, too. I know a guy who wears foundation to make his face smooth and blemish-free. For foundations, I think it looks OK for men to wear them. but for blush, lipstick and eyeliners, I think it's not OK.
Posted By: Muffetgirl Re: should a man use cosmetics?? - 10/24/13 09:32 AM
There are different types of men. Some wear eyeliners and I find it cool, of course it depends on your outfit too. Regarding cleansing stuff, I also agree that they should use it because most men have oily skin and always exposed to heavy work.
Well if it's an actual question and not a sales thingy, I feel go for whatever makes you feel the greatest.

I'm not a huge make-up person, but sometimes you look in the mirror and want to see or look a better way. It just depends.

I don't feel men or women, have that difference. We all go through stages smile

If it makes you feel good or better about however you're feeling, do it. BUT, if you feel you have to have it ALL the time - eh, then...maybe, not so much wink
Posted By: fashionwork Re: should a man use cosmetics?? - 01/20/14 05:27 AM
Cosmetics products using women but some types of products like skin care face products can use by man . this time man is also wants to look different.
Posted By: tashalb Re: should a man use cosmetics?? - 01/20/14 06:47 AM
yes. Obviously...i am also using cosmetics for my skin tone.
Posted By: Kelly Tager Re: should a man use cosmetics?? - 07/27/14 04:55 AM
Yes, men can use cosmetics. There are various cosmetic technique that used make skin more beautiful. And its not true that women don't like such man.
Posted By: jennifer888 Re: should a man use cosmetics?? - 07/31/14 07:07 AM
Generally, man do not use any type of cosmetics but, nowadays, most of the men use skin creams for glowing their skin or to take care about their blackheads.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: should a man use cosmetics?? - 03/26/15 06:13 PM
If they want to of course yes. People who judge others for things like men using cosmetics are idiots who should mind their own business!
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Re: should a man use cosmetics?? - 03/26/15 08:32 PM
This seems an odd question to me. If it means *ought a man be obliged to use cosmetics*, of course not. Nor should women. If it means *ought a man be allowed to use cosmetics*, why ever not? I really couldn't get worked up about who uses, or doesn't use, cosmetics. Life is too short be concerned about things like this.
© BellaOnline Forums