BellaOnline
Posted By: annieo questions about cosmetics - 02/17/05 05:23 PM
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone here uses Avon or Mary Key cosmetic lines. Are you happy with your products, do you like the selection? Do you buy other beauty products other than cosmetics like body wash, lotion, cleansers, etc? I am asking because I work in the beauty industry and the company I work for only sells very expensive lines of cosmetics. They truly belive that people will pay a lot of money for beauty products, but so far all of the customers seem to shy away from buying these products lines (toca, Jan Marinni, Susan Ciminelli, etc). Are Avon products just as good???
Posted By: ~ Rae ~ Re: questions about cosmetics - 02/24/05 06:13 PM
I have always found Avon products to be too heavily-scented across the board for my tastes.

As a lighter consumer of cosmetics, I prefer to go for the middle to higher end stuff. I go for quality because I have no need for quantity.

Unless it's Halloween and then the Wet-n-Wild black lipstick at $1.59 is absolutely necessary!

I used to work for a very high-end leather clothing company, and educating the customer about why the expensive item actually is better (if it isn't, well, then you're stuck) works well for getting them to buy it.
Posted By: Aime Re: questions about cosmetics - 02/25/05 05:55 PM
I think certain inexpensive lines are just as good as their more expensive counterparts. My friend sent me an article recently about one of the products in the SK-II line (that's sold at Saks Fifth Avenue). Their facial cleanser pads are apparently the SAME EXACT THING as Oil of Olay, just packaged and distributed under a different name for 10 times the price. I wonder how often this type of thing happens?
Posted By: AnaMaree Re: questions about cosmetics - 02/26/05 07:09 AM
I used to use and sell Mary Kay. Didn't like the business. Switched to Avon, and actually use my profits to buy Arbonne that I adore! I prefer the botanically based products and the overall cost is not so bad because it lasts soooo much longer! I find that with my sensitive skin I can now wear make up, and my skin and hair are healthy for the first time in YEARS!

We are all so different and can only use what works best for us, I personally do not like perfumed products.

However you will catch me at a wet'n'wild rack around halloween LOL

AM~
© BellaOnline Forums