BellaOnline
Posted By: PC & Vegetarian Editor 10 Great Ideas For Garlic - 09/26/11 03:16 AM
Hey Guys,

Got a new article out on one of my favorites... GARLIC!!!

Check it out and let the garlic lover in you all respond in-kind!

We had an Iron Chef competition, of sorts, last night and the ingredient du jour was... you guessed it - Garlic!

If you're participating in this thread, I'll be dripping out all of the ins and outs of the day with the dishes highlighted and the show stopping dessert.

And remember... Garlic had to be the focal point of every dish.
Here's the link to the article:
Top 10 Foodie Things You Can Do With Garlic

Chime in and let me now what's on your garlic loving mind!
Maybe a little Garlic based 'Stump the Chef' activity?...
Your call. wink
Posted By: FrankJBN Re: 10 Great Ideas For Garlic - 12/23/11 04:27 PM
I have two things, one for raw and one for cooked.

I like the bite of raw garlic in a salad. We know that when garlic is finely minced, it is hard to separate all the tiny mince. Chopping with salt is often used, but those with a need to cut down on sodium may not realize that one can do the same with black pepper, either fresh ground or 'canned'.

I learned the following 'trick' from a male Italian chef on television. I don't recall name. When pan-frying a steak or chop, drop a couple of small cloves into the pan. larger cloves, slice across the grain into 3/8 inch 'discs'. By the time the steak or chop is done, you have pan-roasted garlic for a side. Not quite as creamy as roasted in the oven, but still a softened texture, and a softened and enhanced flavor in ten minutes. (The oven would be still pre-heating).
Posted By: jodiemt Re: 10 Great Ideas For Garlic - 03/29/12 04:47 AM
Wow. I never knew there were so many things that could be made from garlic. So far I've only had garlic bread!
Posted By: Lyn-Christian Lit Re: 10 Great Ideas For Garlic - 03/29/12 05:03 AM
Nice article, Jason! I love cooking with garlic, but I also use it for its medicinal value.
© BellaOnline Forums