BellaOnline
How would you feel if you were on a cruise and had to pay nearly $4 in order to have water with a meal? Not breakfast, but lunch and dinner - and that's $4 each meal! The cruise is 11 days, so that's about $85.

The water on the ship is perfectly good, but they've decided that in the dining room - there is only one - you can only drink what you buy there. That's reasonable with alcohol and soft drinks. But they won't bring you a glass of ordinary water, just sell you half a liter of bottled water.
Posted By: Angie Re: Pay $4 to be allowed water with your meal? - 12/31/14 09:45 PM
In July, my husband and I took a wonderful cruise from Dover, England, to the Shetland Islands, Faroe Island, four ports in Iceland, and two in Norway before returning to London. It was a small cruise ship and I am now spoiled.
I'd bring my own water on board. $4 is excessive. Start researching other cruise lines and see what their policies are. There are so many hidden fees to cruises. The thing with cruises: they can have too many countries involved. They might fly the flag under one country, employ those of another country, charter under another -- there was an expose of a woman being raped on board and it was impossible to prosecute because of all the countries hoops to jump through.
Wow! That's crazy!

In the USA at any restaurant for example, you can drink water by the bucketful with your meal - for free! $4.00 is insane! Hope it was top notch water. lol
Posted By: Angie Re: Pay $4 to be allowed water with your meal? - 03/01/15 07:43 PM
She didn't say which cruise line she was on. There was no charge for water on our ship.
They must have been filtering that bottled water through gold bullion. I can't imagine a cruise line being so cheapo when everything else has such a luxury appearance!
© BellaOnline Forums