BellaOnline
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Do you visit your public library? - 11/25/10 11:28 PM
Do you visit your public library?

If yes, what do you like about your visits?
And what don't you like?

If no, why don't you visit?
I don't visit my public library very often simply because I prefer to own the books I read. I have an entire library myself.
I am with you on that - I too like to get new books as the books at the library sometimes are missing pages (lol)...... And I get so mad when I am in the middle of a juicy story or article only to find that missing page.
I was a regular for a few months. Then I checked out a book on tape with it's own player. A little piece that holds the battery cover fell off and got lost. After paying the $45 fine I decided the public library wasn't for me.

Wow Alice, that was an EXPENSIVE "little" piece (lol)
Well...I cheat...LOL...

I work in a library so sometimes I have a heads up on the new books that are ordered. I love the library. While I do have an extensive personal library, free works for me! Plus as an added bonus, as library employees - our late fees are waived. We pay for lost or damaged books, but the late fee is waived.
Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: Do you visit your public library? - 12/07/10 10:03 PM
All the time. Just came from there with two new books (new to me anyway).

Hey D, I didn't know you worked in a library. I'm like the queen of late fees but I pay them without them asking so so I support the library big time!

I think I should get a reserved desk or something : )
Ms. m...LOL...

I do the HR and payroll for the County's library system so I'm not a librarian, but I still work for them.

I used to support libraries and video stores in the amount of late fees I paid. Now it's just the video stores and now not even them so much.

I also use them a LOT for article research too.

Awesome Dianne - if I worked in a library, I would never get any work done (lol). I LOVE to read and would spend too much time at the library or too much money buying books and magazines. I have had to put my reading on hold right now, but looking forward to resuming that treat.

Maybe when I am 100 and in my rocking chair smile

Originally Posted By: Dianne W - Editor
Well...I cheat...LOL...

I work in a library so sometimes I have a heads up on the new books that are ordered. I love the library. While I do have an extensive personal library, free works for me! Plus as an added bonus, as library employees - our late fees are waived. We pay for lost or damaged books, but the late fee is waived.

U funny Monica.

Why the late fees - forget to return them, too busy or just trying to hang on to them as long as possible (lol)

Didn't I read somewhere that they lock people up over too many fees? And I am serious......

Monica, I don't have no bail money honey, so stay on top of those fees. We need you on the forum, not behind those bars (ha, ha)

Originally Posted By: ExerciseEditor
All the time. Just came from there with two new books (new to me anyway).

Hey D, I didn't know you worked in a library. I'm like the queen of late fees but I pay them without them asking so so I support the library big time!

I think I should get a reserved desk or something : )
© BellaOnline Forums