BellaOnline
Posted By: tillyputty Need help with fish... - 12/20/10 12:56 AM
Is anyone familiar with the care of an elephant nose fish because I've had mine for 2 months and he's been just fine. Then I checked on him this afternoon and he was all pale. The tank has two caves and plenty of live plants. There is a soil substrate and I think he could be eating more but he has been nibbling on a diet of blood worms at night. All the water parameters are perfect and my other fish are acting normal.
Posted By: Mary_Betta_Fish Re: Need help with fish... - 02/09/11 06:50 PM
Elephant nose fish are considered delicate fish...Do you keep him in a tank that is at least 50 gallons? (Because this is one of the requirements for keeping an elephant nose fish.) What kind of other fish do you have? I ask because you know the elephant nose fish does well with other larger species of a peaceful nature, but may be aggressive towards those of similar or smaller size. Getting in a fish fight could be bad for not only the other fish, but also your elephant nose fish. Elephant nose fish like Tubifex worms and brine shrimp. You could feed him these foods with a turkey baster with a little water mixed in (with the lights out) to make sure he gets enough appropriate foods for his health. I sure hope he is feeling better. ( :
© BellaOnline Forums