BellaOnline
Don't let ADD stop you from having a companion animal. Having a charming dog can help you meet people and exercise, too. Petting cats can lower blood pressure during stressful situations. Birds are endlessly exciting to watch and listen to. A fish tank can provide an oasis of calm in a busy life.

Attention Deficit Disorder and Pet Ownership
What pets do you have?
Pets are not only good for folks labeled with ADD. How many of us working mothers end up with days that have too much to do in them? Dashing from task to task, child to child to husband to family to coworkers, can make us behave as though we are ADD! Amazing what relating to a pet can do to slow us down, let us breathe, and focus on just one thing at a time. Great article!
Words of wisdom, Cheryll, words of wisdom! Thanks for the reminder of how much pets can do for all of us.
Research information about your pet's personality.
What was your favorite pet?
Are you going to get a holiday present for your pet?
We got our baby sister cat a new jigger stick. I call it the "Princess Jigger Stick," since it has silver-sparkly fronds and the handle glitters.

The birds each got a new toy. You know birds get bored easily, so it helps to get them a new toy from time to time.

Our companion animals add such richness to our lives. They help bring order and structure, plus they are just a riot to have around. We are so blessed.
On cold days, my cat means everything to me. She is the source of comfort! It is 10 degrees here with a wind chill of -6.
I look at our birds in the comfort of their warm little houses, playing with their toys.

Then, I see the doves, juncos, and other little birds outside in the single digit weather getting a drink at the stream. How do they do it?
© BellaOnline Forums