BellaOnline
Do you have ADD? Are people sometimes stumped at the way that you solve problems? Why do your problem solutions look so much different from your peers'?
Students in classrooms and workers on the job often find themselves in trouble because they don't complete tasks in the same manner that most other people do. Nobody expects the creative types of solutions that they find. The person with ADD will jump straight from Plan A to Plan G to Plan Z!

Creative Problem Solving and ADD
What are some of the creative ways that you solve problems?
Well, I had planned an article for another site, but the recipe wasn't as fantastic as it should be for my readers. So, I went to the fridge and found my new favorite condiment and whipped up a recipe using Vermont Maple Balsamic Vinegar. How's that for ADD problem solving?
Then, I realized that I had enough of an article for two articles!
I enjoy snatching victory from the jaws of defeat by using creative ADD problem solving.
What is your favorite creative problem solution?
I wish I could creatively solve my sleep deficit problem!
Okay! So, I'll sleep until 6 tomorrow and get to school later.
When I have trouble getting lessons done at night, instead of fretting over it, I just get up early in the morning.
Here's part of the creative way that I got through an MRI. I originally posted it in the Meditation Forum.

Recently, I had to do a mri (magnetic resonance imaging) for my arm. As a large person, I asked for a large or open machine. They stuffed me into the smaller tube, since I fit, but barely. Feeling the crunch, I took a deep cleansing breath to prepare me for my meditation. Well, I tried to take the breath, but found that I was so tightly stuffed that I couldn't. I hit the panic button and got out of there! No way that was going to work for me over a period of an hour.

My next experience was completely different. I was in a shorter machine with a wider bore. It was still tight, but I was not completely scrunched up. I closed my eyes before they slid me into the tube. Ocean waves were crashing in the ear buds as I started meditating. As always, I was accompanied by my brilliant violet light.

This light is my companion as I meditate. It shows up in my darker field. The light gets larger and smaller; it shifts positions, and the shape transforms. Sometimes it leaves for a brief period of time. Then, it returns in all of its glory. The violet color is a comfort for me that fills me with joy.

What I noticed while I was in the tube with the magnetic waves was that certain rhythms (yes, those mri tests are loud) changed my color field! One turned the whole thing burnt orange. Another rhythm made the violet turn bright green and the dark field turned chocolate brown. It was really weird how the different magnetic fields changed my meditation. And it happened like that each time the particular beat of the machine started happening. The great thing was having an hour and a half to meditate. What luxury!
Here's a wild idea! Poor executive function helps creativity.
This week I posted an article about how I used my ADD enhanced creative problem solving. It will be featured on 6/6/2015.
© BellaOnline Forums