BellaOnline
Can you easily say "criminal behavior" and ADD in the same sentence? Not me! It really sticks in my craw to say them together. However, I had a reader request, so this week I am tackling this sensitive topic on the BellaOnline ADD site. The article will be featured tomorrow, but it is live on the site now.

Medication, Criminal Behavior and ADD
I prefer to accentuate the positives of ADD/ADHD, but I would be remiss not to comment on this topic after this research came out.
Having problems with executive functioning can lead to impulsive behavior. Sometimes kids get into the wrong place with the wrong group. That's when it is dangerous to be impulsive.
Many times kids with untreated ADD have such a tough time in school, that when they turn 18, they vote with their feet. They drop out. That sets them up for having trouble finding employment.
It's difficult to rein in those impulsive actions when you are a young person living with untreated ADD.
Here is an article that goes well with this one. Its focus is on younger children.

Impulsive Behaviors and Kids with ADD
I hope that his study is a call to action for people who have young folks with ADD, but who are not getting treatments.
For some people, medication makes all the difference; for others, not so much.
© BellaOnline Forums