BellaOnline
What are your favorite organizing tips? Please share with us...it's your turn!

This is a review of a great book to read for organizing ideas.

The One-Minute Organizer Book Review.
I am having to organize my time and papers lately. Reading about organizing gives me ideas that I can adapt to my life.
Posted By: Jilly Re: The One-Minute Organizer Book Review - 01/06/12 05:04 AM
What ideas for your life did you have?
Organize drawers while watching tv is one that she had. I can organize drawers while I am on the phone. Just put it on speakerphone, and clean away!

Do you have favorite organizing tips?
This weekend, I am going to organize my time. First, I'll make a list of what I need to do. Then, I will write approximately how long each task will take. After that, the tasks will be scheduled into my days.

When you schedule a lot of work, always find time to do things that you enjoy. It's the difference between having a red-hot, successful day or burning out before you complete your tasks.
Posted By: Jilly Re: The One-Minute Organizer Book Review - 01/07/12 06:12 AM
doing small stuff like drawers while watching tv is good idea. you could also organize your photos in your computer (move to sub folders, give better titles) while on the phone. organize your music downloads, ebook downloads, clean your spice containers, update your phone apps, wipe down your switch plates...any dumb little thing that could make your life nicer with zero effort. smile
Wow, Jilly! You are an organizing dynamo. These are all great ideas.
Posted By: Jilly Re: The One-Minute Organizer Book Review - 01/07/12 09:39 PM
Thank you.

I have been horribly unorganized from all the moving that i was doing over the last ten years. Now that I have my own home, i can finally make things the way I want them. I expect it will take years to get things sorted, but i have to remind myself that babysteps are better than no steps at all.
We are working on organizing our home, and as my husband says, "It's not perfect, but it's better. We'll take baby steps to get there."

What do you think...is it easier to get a lot accomplished when you are taking baby steps?
Posted By: Jilly Re: The One-Minute Organizer Book Review - 01/08/12 01:50 AM
babysteps are the only ways i can get anything done. Otherwise everything seems too overwhelming. babysteps do eventually add up and get the job done!
I agree, and it's nice to see that somebody else feels that way.
Posted By: Jilly Re: The One-Minute Organizer Book Review - 01/08/12 02:13 AM
I am going through and reading your articles. There is so much great stuff. While I do not have ADD I have some of the symptoms along with my condition. So I am learning a lot from your writings!
Thanks Jilly, that's good to hear.

My son also has Asperger's. You're right, there are a lot of symptoms in common. His diagnosis is ADD/ADHD, and he doesn't have an official Aspie diagnosis. He hits pretty much all of the DSM criteria.
Posted By: Jilly Re: The One-Minute Organizer Book Review - 01/08/12 07:55 PM
I have noticed that professionals are loath to give out ASD diagnoses. Not sure why. I think they don't really know this area as well as they know about personality disorders or bi-polar.
Posted By: Jilly Re: The One-Minute Organizer Book Review - 01/13/12 11:51 PM
Right now I am doing a forum post, then doing a one minute organizing item. So stuff like emptying the trash, bringing out the kitchen compost bucket, wiping down the mirror, washing a dish...

Off to put an empty milk jug in the recycle bin now!
We are lucky to have KU Med Center. They do know about the many permutations along the autism spectrum.
As you are coming in from the mailbox, sort out all of the junk and throw it away immediately! Fewer piles to attract more junk mail!!
Today I worked on organizing lessons for the next month for my algebra classes.
© BellaOnline Forums