BellaOnline
Greetings everyone,
If you have done a reading for yourself, or had one done and you have some questions about the interpretations please post your questions on this thread.

I encourage everyone to help with interpretations and posting/answering these types of questions here. Thank you
Hi, Im new and just bought a deck and started to try reading the tarot again recently. I did a past, present, future spread on current reltionship. The question was, "Where is my relationship with M going?" I'm learning to try to read all of the cards together as a story, paying attention to the pictures on the cards. I'm using the Rider deck. I got: 1. Page of Wands 2. 7 of Pentacles 3. 6 of wands and drew a clarifier, The Moon. The 7 of pentacles totally makes sense for the present positon, because after feeling like I'm being stringed along, I put my foot down and told him I was done. He seemed suprised and has contacted me twice, saying that he is sorry I was so hurt and he didnt want it to be like this blah blah blah. I keep getting the 6 of wands as an outcome card with this guy. It looks like a victory or a win, but it could be a victory of my own. Like going off on my own...not sure. But the moon coming up as a clarifier, I really don't understand. Any thoughts or ideas?
Six of wands is typically a personal victory or something working out for you ultimately. The Moon as a clarification is interesting. The Moon is the card of intuition, but also deep emotions and the subconscious. The Moon may be telling you to follow your "gut" and intuition - and not succumb to fears or emotion as you make your choice regarding this relationship.

You stated that you felt strung along and hurt, and his past behavior has not been what you had hoped, and that going off on your own could also be seen as a victory. This tells me this is an area that you truly need to meditate on further before making a decision and I think your Moon card is pointing to that more than the relationship itself.
Thank you, Christin!
you're welcome smile
Hi Christin! I haven't been keeping up really but nice to 'hear your voice' again. Recently the Devil turned up as 'What to do'. Friends have told me I should ditch the fears, or look out for self-destructive behaviour, and similar - but the question was so definitely what I SHOULD do, not what I should avoid. I was thinking of 'everything currently going on' as one big question, because I have lots of strands of difficult situations (some related to each other, some separate) in my life at the moment and it does feel like one big aaagh that life's dumping on me(!) - partly of my own choosing, not all of it though. More than one 'strand' is life-changing, none of it has reached a conclusion, all of it been going on months at least, some reaching a peak now... The specific wording of my question was 'What approach should I adopt overall [in the face of all this]?' and I was expecting something like Strength (self-discipline) or the 2 of Pents (keep my eye on everything, don't focus on one problem forgetting the other stuff), etc. I've had a few thoughts about this Devil but none of them ring true in the 'Aha!' way that tells me it's the correct reading. I wondered if it simply meant enjoy! or more classically, be selfish and put my own needs/wants before others' - or be manipulative and controlling, dishonest even - the cards have been telling me all year to be less Queen of Cups and put myself first more, but I can't believe they want me to tell lies. Be secretive maybe but I'm already having to do keep my cards close to my chest (pun unintentional, lol). Often when baffled I'll just leave it in my notes to come back to with hindsight, but this was such an 'overall' question and it felt important to understand, even before a Major came up as the answer. Ideas? :) Thanx! mm
Hi MandMaud
Sorry for the length of time to respond - we had a holiday week this week and I'm behind on everything again wink lol.

The Devil in any spread I have ever done is a cautionary fellow. He suggests a need to be honest with oneself or to ensure that what you are doing or considering doing is not going to sabotage you in the end or work against you. Perhaps in this situation you have stated you are ready to move past it, but part of you is still drawn to returning to the status quo or giving in etc. and the Devil may be telling you - Look at me! here I am now conquer the source of your undoing.

The devil can be a liberating card because it helps us to see and address weaknesses and when we are ready to face those with honesty we find the inner strength to overcome the challenges he represents.

As for the whole "selfishness" thing - I think not. There is a difference between being self-serving (positive it means you are giving yourself what you need) and "selfish" which often points to less than stellar motives wink. If you are in service to yourself, that is wonderful. If you are doing things that are less than desirable for some "devilish" reasons - perhaps not so much.

Regardless, I hope you figure it out and that you continue to empower yourself because that's what's truly important in all this.
Posted By: openminded A career question... - 11/24/12 11:25 PM
So I'm going back to school (for Nursing) this coming spring and been looking at the scopes of practice I might be interested in. I have a few but I have one I really take big interest in. So being that I believe the Tarot "channels" your high-self to answer questions, I figure my high-self would know me best. So I ask (yes or no question) "Is labor & delivery nursing right for me?" - 10 of pentacles - 3 of rods - king of rods - 8 of rods - knight of rods (R) and I clarified this card with Ace of Swords. Now the way I do this spread is the reversed cards mean "no" and the middle card count double. I used the Morgan Greer deck and the pictorials are similar to the Rider-Waite with slight changes in the details. My interpretation: I feel the 10 of swords talks about what I ultimately want. I know the spread is supposed to go from Past-Future however I have never really felt a sense of what I see in this card. I've felt quite unaccomplished, so this is more of a want card to me. 3 of rods is what I'm definitely looking to do, expansion... On this particular card the man has 3 rods, and the one he has his back turned on has three little acorns... The acorns to me symbolize accomplishments... The two other ones he has on his hands have none, so he's kind of like, putting his past accomplishments behind him and trying to work on the ones he has in his hands right now. The only problem here is I tend to associate this card with travel a lot. So not sure if I'm getting the interpretation right. King of rods I'm a little stuck on.. I thought the trumps resemble people and not exactly sure how I relate to this king? Or if he resembles an event or somebody in my life? I suppose if I "took" this spread as a past-future spread this would be someone I know because it is situated in the present. 8 of wands, another confusing card. I always associate this with something fast, like travel by air. Knight of rods clarified by the Ace of swords... Another ball of confusion because I don't know if the men can resemble women, or if they resemble events or somebody that "may" come into my life. Which is why I drew the Ace to clarify... Whatever it is, I will "cut through/break through" it. Any ideas? Wooooo! Sorry for the long post. :P
Posted By: Christin - Tarot Re: A career question... - 11/25/12 03:32 PM
Hi openminded,
not a problem at all. As for your spread, why would you draw so many cards for a "yes or no" question? That seems to me to be why your answers are confusing you. Typically a yes or no question is a single card or perhaps a couple of cards.

I would ask something like "What surrounds nursing school for me?" if you are going to look at several cards, or focus on Nursing school / nursing and do a more thorough spread like a traditional Celtic Cross may be a good choice here - or any career spread that explores one's natural strengths and challenges.

As for your cards here the ten of coins suggests a supportive environment, working for a cause that serves others, and stability. The 3 of wands is a card of adventure, a pioneering spirit bravely entering a new venture. The King of Wands suggests someone who is good at planning and ideas, a smart person who learns quickly, but sometimes wands people start off with great enthusiasm, and later have difficulty maintaining said enthusiasm or finishing what they start. The 8 of Wands suggests a lot of energy, a lot of things "up in the air" so to speak and a lot of enthusiasm, but no real set target just yet - things are still in the process of gaining initiative. a Knight of Wands in this instance would be you - not another person, because you were asking if the career choice is right for you. A Knight is someone who is unpredictable, very passionate and motivated (at least initially) but who sometimes struggles with long-range goals. With all of this fiery wands energy I would consider that you have a lot of enthusiasm about the idea - but have you truly researched the reality of the situation? Take time to research how difficult the schooling is, what the job prospects are in your area for graduates, how competitive of a field of nursing it is, can you handle it when things go wrong? As a labor and delivery nurse you will deal with things like stillbirth, complications and loss as well as joys. How mentally and emotionally prepared are you to handle those aspects? These are all things to carefully consider so that if you do decide this is the field for you - you will be able to maintain that wands enthusiasm and spirit - and not have regrets after you've already begun.

Best wishes!
Christin
Posted By: openminded Re: A career question... - 11/26/12 01:29 AM
Hi Christin!!! You're awesome, thanks so much for clarifying a few things for me. Good question. I actually usually use 3 cards, but I read somewhere about a spread with 5 having more "detail" in regards to time. So the first would be far past, second immediate past, third present, fourth, near future, fifth far future... Whether or not the cards read that way all the time, I am not sure. Good to know knights and kings could resemble me. I'm well aware of the field itself, including nursing in general, my ultimate challenge is the schooling and being able to get my foot in when it comes to that for the time being. I don't usually let things like competition stop me from pursing something because if that were the case I should just quit "life" right now. Almost everything career related is a competition. That's just the reality. I should probably the cards about school itself? I can't get to point be without going through point A first.
Hey everyone!

Would love some help on interpreting this reading. I pulled three cards for myself about going to an event that I just couldn't get myself jazzed up to go to. It might have been really good networking wise but for some reason, I just wasn't into it. But I was also torn about whether I should just suck it up and go.

So this is what I asked and the cards I pulled. I used the Osho Zen Deck

1. Why is making this decision so hard (what is this really all about).
Silence - 17 of the Major Arcana (The Star)

2. How would it benefit me to go?
Existence - 1 of the Major Arcana (The Magician)

3. How would it benefit me to stay at home?
Transformation - 13 of the Major Arcana (Death)

The Osho Zen cards have always presented to me with slightly different meanings than if I was reading a more traditional Rider Waite type deck - I am really curious to know what you all's interpretation might be.

Thanks in advance!
Hi Leah
Well first of all every card was from the Major Arcana so that impresses me most here. MA cards as you likely know represent events and periods in our lives where important things are happening and lessons are being presented.

The Star as for why a choice is hard would suggest to me perhaps your heart just isn't in this path or you don't feel inspired by this journey (further highlighted by a Death card in the same spread which speaks of transformation and a new beginning)

The Magician for the benefit means it would be as you said a way to make connections, to get what you need. Magician speaks of self-reliance, being resourceful, having connections and being an influence over others.

The Death card for the benefits of staying home I think may be telling you it's a good time for some soul searching. Perhaps deep down you are craving a truly fresh start in this area of your life? Death cards typically involve an initial element of sacrifice that leads to the rebirth (death/life cycle) so I would explore a bit what it is that you are, at soul level, wanting to experience and what it is you are feeling called to move away from.
Leah, I totally agree with Christin. The cards point to what your heart and soul already know.

The Star hints at your future. It says that the kind of future *you* want *is* possible but you must know what it is you truly desire. Also, it means that you will need to understand that it will not happen overnight but if you feel it is worth waiting for, then all things are possible. If this zen deck points to Silence, I would go within and meditate about what it is you really want. You already know. Your feelings are a clue, helping to steer you.

The Magician here seems to indicate that if you should go, you might be surprised at some new opportunities that can avail themselves to you. Be on guard, however, for those smooth-talking , sales type of people that can dazzle you with witty conversation and exciting promises only to come up short in the end. But if you go, you also be surprised by some new ideas.

Death is definitely the transformation card, as you already know. In staying home, you will be putting an end to something, possibly a career path you no longer want. This could be time to reinvent yourself.

The cards offer confirmation of what your feelings are trying to tell you. I always consult my feelings...and follow the peace.

Good luck.
Posted By: joj86 Re: Questions about Reading Results? Post here - 12/10/12 01:30 AM
Hello All, A kind lady did a tarot spread for me and I would like some help interpreting it. My interpretation is as follows: current state of emotions: 6 of cups reversed + knight of wands I am currently going through a phase where am unable to let go of my troubled past, which I believe is perfectly explained by the 6 of cups(R) card. I keep ruminating about the past all the time. There is a new business venture that I am trying to work on but due to rumination about the past am left with little energy. I am guessing the knight of wands is a sign that is telling me to let go of the past and throw myself headlong into my business venture. Advice cards: High priestess reversed + the hermit I think the high priestess(R) is telling me to stop giving so much importance to what other people think about me and start listening to my own inner voice. The hermit is telling me to meditate,contemplate and look for answers within.Which makes a lot of sense as I am currently focusing on spirituality a lot. I would like to know if my interpretations are right as I am new to tarot..Anyone? Thanks
Wow! Thanks Christin and Lori - I'm really resonating with your insight and it makes perfect sense with what's going with me right now. I *am* in a transitional/tranformational phase right now. All of a sudden, things that seemed hard to do are just "poof easy" now. I feel kind of like I'm learning how to live life completely and truly holistically lately. It's new territory but it's grounded territory. And I do feel that some concrete changes are on the horizon, particularly with my business life and how I live my life in general. Some of these changes are already manifesting. And I've been getting signs about them for a few months now.

I am going to spend some time meditating and getting clear on what I really want to do in this next phase like you guys have suggest. Thanks so very much again!

I saw some of this, but not all and so I am very grateful to you two!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Questions about Reading Results? Post here - 12/15/12 04:12 AM
I don't use my cards regularly enough to feel 100% confident in the way I read them. You all seem to give good insight to thing,, if you have any feedback or your own interpretation would be really welcome! Recently I began seeing someone. He is great in many ways! I have been putting off making it 100% committed and exclusive because I am travelling for a couple of months next year and didn't want to have to deal with it when we couldn't talk (I have trust issues..). He would like a commitment, but won't rush me if I'm not comfortable. 1 (What I am bringing to the relationship): 10 of Swords 2 (What he is bringing to the relationship): 2 of Pentacles 3 (Will I be happy in the relationship): 4 of Cups 4 (Will he be happy in the relationship): King of Pentacles 5 (Will the relationship last): 2 of Cups My interpretation: 1: NOTHING GOOD! I am not doing any good for "us". 2: Bringing great energy and fun. A good work/life balance and is flexible and keeping every happy. Basically doing all the right things. 3: In a future position: Possibly I will learn what I do and don't value in a person. Either I will get over my trust issues and learn to accept things, become introspective (possibly even self absorbed) or become bored and apathetic! I am very career focussed, and it is something I tend to spend too much of my time on.. 4: Well.. The King of Pentacles sounds like a happy family man, often with a large focus on his career. Basically he is the sort who would be happy in a relationship! 5: Yes, this relationship would last!
Posted By: izajane Re: I need some objectivity... - 01/03/13 04:03 PM
I did a tarot reading (celtic cross) for myself yesterday and this was the result: me: 10 swords cross: 3 swords foundation: knight swords past: 4 cups crown: death future: 7 wands attitude: ace cups environment: 4 swords hopes/fears: sun outcome: tower Love the irony there with the sun card...but I would really like a cold read. How would you interpret this one? I will give more details about the circumstances, but I would like to see some other interpretations first...especially any takes on the tower. I'm a first time poster here, so hello! And thanks in advance!
Sorry for being MIA here smile I've had a lot going on over the holiday weeks and haven't had the opportunity. This reading tells me that you kind of have expectations of being disappointed, that perhaps you are a bit unfulfilled in some areas of your life and you recognize that a partnership is not necessarily going to fill that emptiness. The four of cups is an introspective card of looking at what you need to be self-fulfilled first. This of course increases the chances of a happy, successful relationship. As for the man in question this suggests to me that he is someone stable who would be a potential strong partner if you decide he is the right partner for you.
Hi Joj86 sorry for the long response time frown

I think some of your insights are pretty right on. I am not really sure what your initial query was based on your post. Your reading seems to kind of touch on a lot of areas. I would focus tightly on your business goals if that is what you are wanting answers to.

Knights can indicate sudden opportunities, but they can also indicate a need to not be too hasty. Use your enthusiasm to move forward, but do so in a practical, well thought out way. The Priestess reversed suggests to me that something may be getting in the way of your intuition - like your emotions/fears you feel. Tapping into your inner wisdom is indeed a good idea. The Hermit is a card of self-realization and authenticity, doing what we know we are called to do and following our own light.
izajane
It's better to have an idea of what your query was in order to help you. A Tower is usually an indication that the path you are on is unstable and that what you are doing may collapse or not work out as you hoped. It tends to represent those "left field" events in life. Sometimes, that actually brings blessings, because enforced change makes us push ourselves in new directions better aligned with our highest good. A ten of swords (card of destruction and endings) and a three of swords (heartache, sorrow, and grief) in a spread with a tower suggests to me you really need to reevaluate your path regarding this query.
Posted By: CaliGal Re: A career question... - 01/07/13 11:01 PM
Hi! About 6 weeks ago I had 3 interviews for my absolute dream job, and really thought I was going to get the job and then didn't. My only recourse at this point is to keep in contact w/the company from time to time in case their new hire isn't working out after all. I did a reading this morning and asked the question "what approach should I take to get them to hire ME?" And drew one card plus a clarifier. The card was the Emperor, clarified by 2 of Swords. Separately I think I have a handle on the meanings of these cards but I'm trying to really consider them together. At first I thought it might suggest that I should continue the "fight", being confident and commanding in terms of persuading them of my abilities but I'm not sure how the 2 of Swords would fits in with that. At the time that they sent me their rejection, I almost wondered if there had been some split decision in house, as I was really swimming along with flying colors when I met the first 4 people, and not until I met the primary owner did it come crashing down, so I wonder if this 2 of Swords could mean that I should focus on that possible split of opinion within their company to see if I can eventually make a change in my favor? Or another thought, would it more likely mean that the primary owner is the "emperor" in this situation, so that or whomever is the final vote in the situation (presumably the primary owner) is the person I should be focusing my attentions on, and perhaps contacting everyone else as well to keep discussion going, in case there really was some sort of split decision? This interpretation seems to make a lot of sense but I'd like to hear other thoughts on it as I have not had much experience with the 2 of Swords. Thanks for offering this assistance!
Thanks for your response. The question I asked was 'what do I need to be aware of' and the spread to me spoke of my father's impending death-he is sick with cancer. But I saw that 3 of swords and began to wonder if this was about something else. Based on your response, I feel better...I don't see how it can be anything other than something I'm already aware of but just don't want to accept!!
I have thought some more on my reading and read some more about the 2 of Swords and have been very confused as it seems like various interpretations of it are essentially at odds with each other, but I am feeling now that it may mean that channels of communication *should* be opened, and that the Emperor in the situation is someone that I should communicate with. The suggestion of hiding my true feelings or denying a situation make perfect sense because of course I am very hurt and angry that I did not get hired after all, but obviously in order to communicate effectively with them, I need to suppress that and approach them professionally and calmly, reminding them of my qualifications and availability for freelance work, which is a sort of compromise. As I am still feeling rather unpracticed at this, I'd love some input on this interpretation.
Caligal - everyone's interpretations of cards vary and that's why the best way to learn Tarot is to use a journal and come up with your own interpretations. In my 20+ years of experience a two of swords comes up around "blind spots" times when we are not seeing our choices fully or we are restricted somehow from seeing all of our choices. Two's usually come up at a crossroads - those places where we kind of have to pick a direction and we may be feeling some confusion. In regards to your approaching the company again - I say go for it. If it's what you truly want, don't let anything get in your way. With the two of swords, I would say have a backup plan though as well, look at all your alternatives just incase things go a different direction than you currently envision. Never hurts to cover all ones bases right? smile Good luck!
Thanks Christin! I can't say that I felt confused, or that there was a hard decision for me to make, as I knew I wanted to contact them just to stay in their minds in case they needed to hire again, but I was looking for guidance in exactly what to say and to whom. I thought more and decided I think the 2 of Swords in this context meant I should recognize that by contacting them, I wasn't necessarily going to get the permanent solution that I hope for. That is, they may take note of my communications but are unlikely to suddenly reverse course and tell me they had to let their new hire go and ask me if I'm still available just because I send them an email. Eventually, things *may* change with them but I have to recognize that for now, it is what it is, so it's the communication + stasis elements of that card here, and definitely the hiding of true feelings, as what I really *feel* like doing is screaming at them and planting some dog poop on their doorstep for interviewing me ~3 times~ and then not hiring me, but of course I'm not 3 years old and realize that I need to stay professional and calm in my communications! :)
So yes, your "have a plan B" explanation is spot on with what I had felt it meant too! In such a situation, I don't see much that anyone can do other than maintain occasional contact w/the company in case their needs change.
Hi CaliGal - was there ever any new contact or anything from the company? Curious if anything changed? smile
Hi Christin, thanks for asking. No, no response from anyone there and no change that I'm aware of. I did email the company owner (the Emperor), whom I had interviewed with in the final round, as well as each of the other people I'd interviewed with, and I don't see how my emails could have possibly had any negative effect, and hopefully would have planted a more positive impression of me in their minds, but whether or not their new hire will work out well is the only thing that would determine whether they reconsider me or not and I can't change that. :(
Posted By: cher 40 Re: A career question... - 02/11/13 10:12 AM
Hi..I am new. I just had a reading for my current relationship a few days ago when we ran into a minor..and first..stumbling block. I asked a very simple question...is he the right one. Probably not the right way to phrase it. However..my cards were Two of cups. The Sun. Anf finally the King of Pentacles. I felt quite enthused because ive never had what appeared as such positive cards in a relationship reading. By the next day..he had ended things. What would your interpretation of my reading be? Bit baffled as it seemed to point towards positive things..and this is not the outcome i expected at all Thanks in anticipation of some enlightenment.
Posted By: Christin - Tarot Re: A career question... - 02/13/13 07:17 PM
Sometimes when we are doing a self-reading where we have a great deal of emotion invested there can be a tendency to draw what one "wants to hear" rather than an objective answer. In this case, I think that is maybe what happened. You wanted very much for him to be this ideal you have in your mind of him.
Posted By: CaliGal Re: A career question... - 03/11/13 12:47 PM
Hi Christin, I did a 2 card reading this morning which has me trying to reconcile the seemingly at-odds meanings of the 2 cards. I asked "in what capacity does he want to be involved with me"?, asking about this man I have been pining over for many years who recently took something of a step towards me. (Tentative and enigmatic, but more of a step in my direction than he has ever taken before!) So card #1 was 7 of Cups, and card #2 was 9 of Pents. Hmmm. This is actually the 2nd time the 7 of Cups has come up in relation to him and me and his intentions towards me, and in this context I take it to mean he wants to be the subject of my fantasies and adorations. However, I am not getting what this 9 of Pents would mean here...that he wants to be "that which makes me happy"?, that he wants me to be happy and alone with contented thoughts about him? The cards seem at odds with each other and I have even read one source which lists them as "opposing cards". That he wants to be my sugar-daddy? ;) (I wish!!) I'd love your thoughts on this.
Posted By: CaliGal Re: A career question... - 03/13/13 08:58 AM
OK, did some more thinking on it and the penny has dropped. I wish that the cards could be "wrong", but I think that if he is (to me) all of those tantalizing mystery objects in the 7 of Cups, then perhaps he is also (to me) the lady in the garden in that 9 of Pents. Happy on his own, in his own beautiful world which he has worked hard for, and not looking for a mate. I'd still love to hear any other ideas on this reading though :)
Posted By: Christin - Tarot Re: A career question... - 03/13/13 01:18 PM
Hi Cali,
Sorry for the delay, sick kids and looming deadlines with work this week smile

I take the 9 of pentacles to mean a supportive role usually, where two people can support each other and grow together somehow - not necessarily a romantic connection, but trust and friendship. The Seven of Cups often comes up for someone who is very "in their own head" -they are always plotting, scheming, dreaming etc and are very within themselves. This doesn't mean they can't connect with others, just that they tend to prefer their own worlds more and are highly independent people. (I can relate very much to this card in many ways.)
Posted By: CaliGal Re: A career question... - 03/13/13 07:33 PM
Very interesting. Thanks Christin. I can totally see the "independent" aspects of the 7 of cups here, still not sure how the 9 of Pents fits in, but this does not appear to be a very romantic situation. :(
Hi everyone! I'm a newbie so just popping in to say hi :)
Posted By: a.h. Re: Questions about Reading Results? Post here - 04/18/13 08:50 PM
hey everyone, I was wondering if you all could help me out with a relationship reading. I'm not seeing this guy yet and we've been having difficulties, so I'm completely lost as to what he wants with me. I did the 12 house spread and here's what I got: 1st house: The Hierophant, 2nd house: Knight of Pentacles, 3rd house: Ace of Cups, 4th house: The World reversed, 5th house: Ten of Cups reversed, 6th house: Ten of Swords reversed, 7th house: Seven of Cups reversed, 8th house: Two of Cups reversed, 9th house: King of Pentacles reversed, 10th house: Four of Wands reversed, 11th house: The Sun, 12th house: Eight of Cups reversed. it's the reversals that throw me off. does he want for things between us to end?
Posted By: moonlily Re: A career question... - 04/30/13 09:29 PM
I am new to tarot and am still struggling with the learning curve and trying to understand my readings. I typically use 3 cards in a reading, however, this time I decided to use a single card for the reading. In my back to back single-card readings, I pulled the hanged man reversed, the empress, followed by the cup of hearts. The question I was asking related to a current relationship I am in and what the outcome of this relationship would be. I am trying to gain a better understand of what this combination of card means. Any thoughts/opinions are welcomed.
hi ah,i guess a relationship reading is more adequate to he answer you re looking for.what comes out mostly is that this person is moving forward to you,and that however petrified and lost you seem you should open up to the situation,and let go of your fear,that will ease down things for you and help you see clearly.the cards say you re blocking the flow of things and create an overreaction on his part.you ll find that here s not much to worry about.
Posted By: the eye Re: A career question... - 05/14/13 03:27 PM
hi moonlily,i indicates you should let go of he relationship,no holding onto it as you do to allow change to take place and so that things flow freely again.
Posted By: Christin - Tarot Re: A career question... - 05/16/13 09:55 AM
Ok, I need to catch up here - sorry smile I didn't receive the notifications for this board for some reason. I usually get an email when there are new posts. Sorry about that!

LadyGrace - a delayed hello and welcome to you dear

a.h. your spread tells me that things are probably not going to be as you had hoped with this relationship and that you should keep your options open for a better match

moonlilly If single card readings are confusing for you, I would suggest going back to doing 3 cards or more. With these cards they seem to be pointing to your hope/wish for the relationship to work out, but I am not seeing anything in those three as separate entities that suggest to me this is a strong relationship etc. I would do a more thorough card pull and repost that.

Hi eye thanks for participating!
Hi. I did a celtic cross reading. I just asked why I met a certain person. Covers - 7 of cups Crosses - 6 of swords Above - Sun Below - Temperance Passing - Fool Approaching - 3 of cups reversed Base - 2 of pentacles 2nd - Page of Swords 3rd - 4 of wands Outcome card - Hanged man Thanks!
Posted By: Missnikki10 Help with personal reading - 06/17/13 09:35 PM
Hello!, While I was shuffling my tarot cards asking about love and what is coming, the two of wands and the Emperor flew out the deck and landed face up in front of me, I am having trouble interpreting the two cards together in a love question? My ex usually appears in my readings as the Emperor or the king of swords (as he is a Army man, leadership and emotionally detached) could this be in regards to him? or a completely different message? any help would be great! Thanks :)
Posted By: SunandStars Re: Help with personal reading - 07/09/13 12:46 AM
Hi Christin, I did a relationship reading on a possible reunion with my ex and there were cards that I wasn't sure what to make of and would like to ask for your insight. I got a Knight of cups as a suggested action card. Initially, I read it as the card telling me to confide in our mutual friend whose characters resemble the Knight. Then in a position of obstacles, I received Judgement. Does it mean that the biggest obstacle is involved with some kind of inevitable changes(eg.moving away, changing school)? I also got 6 of pentacles as an outside influence that is keeping us apart. Since 6 of pentacles usually refers to a gift, I'm not quite sure how to interpret it. Then I got 8 of pentacles as the key to the reunion. So I assumed that the card was telling me that I still have a lot to learn about my ex and the relationship if we'll have a chance to succeed. On the other hand, the 8 of pentacles is probably telling me that this relationship is going to require a harmonious hard work from both of us to make it work. For the outcome cards, I received an ace of cup, a 6 of cups, and a King of Cups. I interpreted this as a possibility for a new love with a King of Cups. After the reading, I'm inclined to say that there's a possibility to the reunion, however, we didn't part way well the last time we talked so I really don't know what to do. What do you think of my interpretation? Please let me know and thank you for your help. :)
Posted By: Christin - Tarot Re: Help with personal reading - 07/11/13 08:02 AM
Two of Wands typically means two choices forthcoming and the Emperor to me would be a card that says be wise, use discernment and make the most responsible choice. He could also lend some insight into the type of person, but typically if cards fly out of the deck they are giving YOU a message, not talking about someone else in my experience.
This relationship will probably be fun for awhile, but the cards suggest to me something that isn't permanent or long lasting. The hanged man means something that doesn't really progress it kind of lags and other cards throughout suggest this relationship may be "ok" - but not great, like you'll still be searching for something else.
Posted By: Christin - Tarot Re: Help with personal reading - 07/11/13 08:06 AM
The Knight of Cups tends to indicate passionate relationships but ones that are not long-lasting, or they can talk about the reappearance of an old love, but usually it's like they come into your life and go right back out. I concur the King of Cups is likely going to be a new interest for you based on the other cards in your spread. Good luck.
Posted By: SunandStars Re: Help with personal reading - 07/14/13 12:55 PM
Hi Christin, I did a reading asking about where my relationship with my ex stands right now. I received Strength(past), Death(present), Justice(future). I interpreted that both of us were really adamant and strong about our own opinions. Death signifies that we're not currently carrying any kind of contact(or relationship) but I don't know what Justice would mean in this context. Does it mean that we could come back as a friend? Thank you for your insight. =)
Hi, I am new here......There is a man I am interested in but he is very shy so things are progressing slowly. Since I am trying to learn tarot I have been doing readings about him to see what info I can pick up. I recently did a reading asking about what his past relationships have been like and I got the JUSTICE card which confused me a little.......then I asked for clarification and I got THE WORLD (reversed), THE TOWER (reversed), and II OF SWORDS (reversed). I would really appreciate any opinions of how these cards all tie together....Thanks......
Hi, This morning I did just a quick three card reading just to see where the energies were. It came up with the King of Cups, Ace of Cups, and Seven of Wands respectively. The combination of King of Cups and Ace of Cups kind of makes sense to me, but I'm not getting how the Seven of Wands fits in. I am using the Rider-Waite style Gilded Tarot. Thank you for your time!
I don't use cards, but I understand the intuitive aspect of the brain, focusses or needs a channel or rather, just something that takes them there, like reading a book...

But anyway, just the feeling I get from what you've written, there feels to be a man of interest, possibly a new romance or romantic or just admirable interest. The other aspect seems more like a lot of energy coming all at the same time...so, if it was a new beginning or interest on my part, and I had someone I had a connection or interest in, the energy part would ward me or warn me to take a few steps back.

It could be a whirl-wind romance, it could be one that's touch and go..., but not know much more, I'd keep it on the back burner but look for something w/less what you'd call Wands? Something more steady.

Best to you smile
Important Hi please tell me your thoughts 1-how he sees me =knight of cups 2- how i see them = 3 of pents 3- how he think he feels= the tower 4- how I think I feel= the emperor 5- how he really feels= 4 of wands 6-how I really feel = temperance 7- where want relationship to go= ace of wands 8- where he want relationship to go= 6 of pents 9- obstacle= wheel of fortune 10- next few weeks= strength 11- next few months= 10 of wands 12- where we are heading = the world 13- will we end up together= the chariot 14- what will happen if tell him I love him = knight of swords 15- what will happen if ask if they love me= ace of cups 16- how will he know love him = the magician 17- how will know he love me= the devil 18- what's hidden that I need to know= 8 of wands 19- outcome = page of cups
19 cards is way too complicated for a spread first of all. There is too much going on here. If you are new to Tarot - stick with simplicity first, it will help you learn.

The Devil card and the Tower both in the same spread give me some pause. It shows a level of obsession, something built around fear and also something unstable (sometimes we want something so much we accept less than what is ideal or we push too hard and push the other away)

the ten of wands and world for where things are heading also suggests something that may not be worth the effort and that is likely to change going forward. Ten of wands is a card of feeling burdened - too much going on. The Devil and Knight of Swords around him for the "love" questions is pretty telling also - this suggests someone who really may fear commitment or fear being pushed into something he's not ready for. Knights in romance spreads tend to indicate passionate, but often short-lived relationships.
Justice is a card that suggests someone who is fair, well-balanced and who tries to do the right thing. The world reversed, tower reversed, and two of swords suggests to me this is someone who was bitterly hurt in the past. He is moving beyond those hurts, but there is still likely some trust issues or concern about commitments in the future present. This would be someone I wouldn't pressure and would just take things nice and easy with. He seems like a decent person, but one who is a bit jaded perhaps.
A seven of wands tends to indicate someone being a bit guarded, and very cautious in their approach. This is someone who carefully analyzes and scrutinizes things.
Hi christin I really need your help 1- his story what he's telling me = 9 of cups 2- what's he really thinking = the star 3- how he feels about me deep down = 5 of pents 4- how he's walking his talk = 3 of cups 5- outside influence on his walk = 8 of wands 6- how hell be walking his talk within 6-8 weeks = the magician
Hi Christin, I am new here and still learning tarot. Hi to all. I asked for insights to my relationship with this guy I am seeing. I got the following cards. I am not doing reversals. I used Morgan-Greer. 7 of Wands. 3 of Cups. Empress Shadow: Page of Cups Communication-wise, we kind of have a problem so I see the 7 of wands as both he and I just kind of standing up for ourselves and just dealing with things separately with stuff at work, life, etc. When we have hung out, we have a lot of fun (3 of Cups), and I think the Empress is about nurturing abundance, so maybe our relationship could grow? What do you think?
Chikara: what was your question and what type of spread did you use? To any who have thoughts this is more of a fun assessment. I am trying to get set examples of what cards could mean in the physical world. In regards to the queen of coins, what could this card be as a place? In regards to the pope, what would a place look like? What would a place look like in regards to the ten of Coins? In regards to the 5 of coins, what would the location of a place be? If a place (building,home,store etc) what makes this place stand out from other places? Answer 7 of swords.
Hello, would appreciate someone else's perspective on this reading: Using Mythic Tarot and Celtic Cross spread with separate/additional significator, the query was just a general check-in with how a friend of mine is doing. Additional significator: Page of pentacles / 1 significator: Emperor / 2 crossing card: Devil / 3 crowning card: 8 of swords / 4 base of the matter: 10 of cups / 5 past influences: King of pentacles / 6 forthcoming influences: the Fool / 7 where one finds oneself: Moon / 8 views of others: 5 of pentacles / 9 hopes and fears: 7 of cups / 10 final outcome: 7 of pentacles. I'm happy to give more details about myself, the subject, the spread, and the query if necessary. Thanks so much everyone!
Posted By: CaliGal Re: A career question... - 08/11/13 09:43 PM
Hi Christin! As part of a larger spread, I asked the question, What does he want from me? And pulled 5 of Pentacles and 8 of Swords. Huh?? Since I think it's safe to assume he does not want bankruptcy, financial ruin and social exile from me, I am thinking more of the companion in hard times, someone standing by you when everyone else shuns you, etc. aspects of that 5 of Pents, but this 8 has me really stumped, and all I can think it could mean here is something like blind devotion, overlooking someone's faults, not walking away no matter what happens...? He is definitely not a sadistic needy jerk who wants me to feel helpless, trapped and at his mercy, so what?? Am I missing something? Does anyone have any further thoughts on this 8 in this context? I've drawn it a few times recently in answer to completely different topics and questions (love, work, intentions, etc.) I don't like this card!
Posted By: SunandStars Re: A career question... - 08/14/13 10:58 AM
Hi Christin, How would you interpret Death+4of cups+the Lovers in a relationship spread? The question that I asked was what will an outcome be if I take a certain action. Thank you for your insight!!! :)
I'm new to tarot and reading for myself seems so hard. I'm currently trying to make a decision between buying a piece of land or buying a particular house I like. I drew 5 cards for each choice representing The Basic Information, Desire, Advice, What is Against and the outcome. For the first choice (land) I got the Hanged Man, Page of Wands, 8 of Pentacles, 4 of Wands and the 5 of Wands. For the second choice (house)I got Justice, 4 of Pentacles, 7 of Pentacles, 10 of Swords and the 5 of Swords. Drawing a 5 for each choice as the outcome it seems that either choice is equally stressful and challenging, so I drew another 3 cards to represent another option that may be unknown. I drew the Knight of Wands, the 4 of Cups and the Empress. This confused me even more as the 4 of cups seems negative however, the Empress is full of promise.
Posted By: Bella Vella Help on a reading for my ex - 05/08/14 12:18 AM
Okay, so I'm 17 years old and my ex is 15. Its a long story but we were childhood friends and each others first loves, or so he says. We stopped talking about five years ago and he left me but around a month ago he came back to me begging. I hesitated at first but then gave in and we were in a relationship for about three weeks. However, I know that his parents stopped it the first time around and they are protective. His parents are divorced and his mom lives across the street from my house. He used to live there, too, but moved to his dad's house in the city, so it was kind of like a long distance relationship but I could see him every Saturday for a short time. Three weeks into it, he just stopped talking to me - no texts, no calls, nothing. For the first few days I didn't contact him because I didn't want to come across as too needy, but then I texted him and called him like a couple of times between then and now and nothing. I haven't tried contacting him in a while, however. I just sort of let it go. But I just want to know what happened. He said that he had been in love with me and loved me this whole time but back when he was 11 he didn't realize it. I was in love with him, too. I just want to know what had happened so that I can confirm it and move on. So I did a spread for it: His feelings - The Tower. I see this as some change taking place in his feelings or him feeling like the world is coming to an end. I have also seen this as meaning sexually attracted to someone. My feelings - The Empress. Of course. I have very nurturing, mothering, caring, and loving feelings for him. Us Together - Four of Swords. I feel like this indicates retreating. I think it represents that we are nonexistent at the moment or taking a break. Like, taking a chill pill sort of deal. Maybe we are both reflecting on it and thinking a lot about it and whether its a good decision or not. We are both trying to step back from each other and think on our own to see what should happen next. And I looked at the past, present, and future for our relationship. Past - Three of Cups. I think this indicates all of the fun memories that we had in the past. Present - Six of Wands. I honestly am not sure what this means. Maybe it means one of us feels like we won Future - Ace of Wands. Maybe a new opportunity will come about. I also asked why he hasn't contacted me and got the Nine of Swords. I guess this indicates something that made him feel this way made him stop contacting me? How he feels about not contacting me - Five of Swords. Maybe he feels proud of it and is only thinking of himself. I did this spread about a few days ago and just recently pulled two more cards tonight regarding this... Has he been thinking about me? - seven of swords. This doesn't look too good to me. If he has been thinking about me, what has he been thinking about when it comes to me? - the wheel of fortune. I guess this indicates the turn of events? It is also important to note that his family isn't the best and may be involved in some things that aren't legal... He also lives in one of the worst cities in the US. His mom especially tried to hold him back from being with me but he begged her and fought with her to let him come over my house. He does have a lot of options when it comes to girls, though. I don't know if knowing this information may help, but I thought I would put it in here just in case. But seriously I'm not sure what this all means. It would be helpful if I got some other views on this. Thank you! And btw, I'm new here!
Posted By: jo2105 Confusing reading - 05/26/14 09:35 AM
I asked about a person, just a name. The reading seems to be giving me mixed messages. Celtic cross spread Covers-Ten of cups Crossses - King of Pents Foundation card - ten of wands Past - 7 of cups Crown - Death Future - Magician Self - Nine of cups Others - King of Swords Hopes/fears - Page of cups Outcome - wheel of fortune Some of the cards are very good, but ten of wands seems oppressive to me, like it's saying the work is too much for me to bear, but the wheel is indicating fate, and nine and ten of cups indicate a happy ending, right? Thanks!
Hello everyone, new to forum but not new to reading. Need help with some cards from a spread I did last night, Celtic cross with question being "what are the current dynamics in my relationship with x?" The cards I need help with are The Star, The Empress, Ace of Wands, Ace of Cups...and The Hanged Man. All in the present or future positions. To me it screamed Pregnancy ....but the Hanged Man baffled me. That was the outcome. I read better for others than myself and just want a second opinion. The other cards in spread I don't need help with, such as King of Wands (which I know is him-he's an Aries), and Chariot (he plans on moving next month) ...This is a man I've been dating for 8 months and I have had the hunch that pregnancy could be. I'm already a mother & the empress ALWAYS shows her face when I'm pregnant. It's that darn Hanged Man that's throwing me off. Any thoughts???
© BellaOnline Forums