BellaOnline
Posted By: SandraJ Need Advice about Photoshop - 11/02/12 09:54 PM
Hello! I took a "how to create a blog" class at our community college recently. The instructor suggested we use Photoshop Elements to manipulate our photos to put onto our blog. When I went to research prices, etc. I discovered a confusing array of Photoshop products!!! There's Photoshop Elements 10 and 11, Advanced Photoshop Elements, Photoshop CS5 (very expensive), Photoshop Lightroom, then different versions such as Photoshop for teachers/students. I'm very confused. I have a PC which runs on Windows 7. I am NOT technically savvy. :computer: I just want something to manipulate my photos a bit. Can anyone help me? :confused:
What kinds of manipulations do you want to do? Would you be able to do them on photobucket?
Posted By: SandraJ Re: Need Advice about Photoshop - 11/04/12 03:40 AM
Did I mention I'm totally lost when it comes to technology? I don't know what Photobucket is. Also, I'm not really sure what I want to do. My instructor for my blog class showed us how to use Photoshop Elements 10 to adjust the size of a photo to fit onto a blog page. Also, I think she used that to convert a pdf to a jpg??? I have a software program to do photobooks and other things but I (think) I'm looking for something more to edit my photos.
Google photobucket and use the directions to sign up. It is easy to use to resize pictures. MUCH easier than photoshop. Plus, you can store your pictures there and have a link to insert into blogs, etc.
Posted By: Laura - DTP/Ebooks Re: Need Advice about Photoshop - 11/08/12 10:41 PM
Hello Sandra!

If you have MS Office you can use Publisher to crop, re-size, adjust brightness and contrast of your pictures. Then you can "save as" and choose from many different formats and resolutions for your image. For a PDF file, Publisher doesn't open them, however if you open it in Acrobat Reader then do a Print Screen, you can then paste it into Publisher to make changes, etc.

Photoshop is expensive. I have an older version - 7.0 - which works just fine for what I need it to do. Maybe investing in an older version would work for you if you can find one. Just a thought...

Hope something here helps you!

Laura
Posted By: SandraJ Re: Need Advice about Photoshop - 11/08/12 10:44 PM
Connie & Laura Thanks for the information. I'll check into it and see what works for me.
© BellaOnline Forums