BellaOnline
Posted By: Trish-D Find Local Art and Craft Fair Contests - 09/02/13 11:30 AM
I know many of you are probably working on crafts for gifts already for the holidays or maybe to make some extra cash. Some local art and craft fairs have opportunities to win prizes and acclaim. Learn where to find them in this week's article. Feel free to share your experience on the craft show circuit.
I sold handmade jewelry and a few other crafts at my local farmer's market for a few years. I made some sales and enjoyed meeting the people.

I never entered a craft contest but I know our local fairs have them. Also, for jewelry artists, Fire Mountain Gems and Beads has multiple contests. These range from beadweaving to metalsmithing. You do have to use supplies bought from the company to enter. Still, if you place high or win the contest, you get prizes and recognition.

One last thought - I have read The Handmade Marketplace (borrowed from my library) and I would recommended it. It has a lot of great information.
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Find Local Art and Craft Fair Contests - 09/02/13 01:01 PM
Thanks for these tips Sandra. I've bought beads from Fire Mountain Gems and they're a great company. And thanks for the book suggestion too.
© BellaOnline Forums