BellaOnline
Posted By: Trish-D Luck and Inspiration Quotes - 08/13/13 03:12 PM
I've been inspired by other BellaOnline editors including Sandra Baublitz of the Investing site to start an ongoing quote thread related to my topic so here goes. This will be updated sporadically by me but feel free to comment or add your own quotes.

“Luck is believing you’re lucky.” – Tennessee Williams, A Streetcar Named Desire
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck Quotes - 08/13/13 03:14 PM
"I've found that luck is quite predictable. If you want more luck, take more chances. Be more active. Show up more often." ~ Brian Tracy, motivational speaker
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Luck Quotes - 08/13/13 03:57 PM
And be persistent smile hope that's the word i was looking for
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck Quotes - 08/15/13 06:34 AM
“Nanny Ogg looked under her bed in case there was a man there. Well, you never knew your luck.” ~ Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies
Posted By: Sandra Investing/HFinance Re: Luck Quotes - 08/16/13 02:58 PM
Love, love, love this quote! Wish it worked, too.

Great thread, Trish.
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck Quotes - 08/17/13 06:30 AM
"Luck often enough, will save a man, if his courage hold." ~ Buliwyf in The 13th Warrior (film)
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck Quotes - 08/20/13 01:26 PM
"You've got to think lucky. If you fall into a mud hole, check your back pocket—you might have caught a fish." ~ Darrell Royal, American football player and coach
Posted By: Sandra Investing/HFinance Re: Luck Quotes - 08/20/13 01:56 PM
Lol - I like fish, but I'm not sure I'd want one in my back pocket. Yet I can see the good fortune.
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Luck Quotes - 08/20/13 01:59 PM
LOL I think i didn't understand what was going on here
Sorry if i messed anything up I didn't post a quote
frown
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck Quotes - 08/20/13 03:21 PM
Rosie,

No problem. You don't have to post quotes here. You can comment the way you want.
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Luck Quotes - 08/20/13 03:48 PM
OK Thanks smile
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck Quotes - 08/24/13 08:23 AM
"Art depends on luck and talent." ~ Francis Ford Coppola (film director and producer)
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck Quotes - 08/24/13 08:25 AM
"When you get as lucky as I got, you have to work as hard as possible to earn that luck." ~ Daniel Radcliffe (British actor who portrayed Harry Potter)
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck Quotes - 09/02/13 11:44 AM
"If one is lucky, a solitary fantasy can totally transform one million realities." ~ Maya Angelou
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Luck Quotes - 09/02/13 12:05 PM
I've been lucky. Opportunities don't often come along. So, when they do, you have to grab them.
Audrey Hepburn
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck Quotes - 09/14/13 07:20 AM
“Each misfortune you encounter will carry in it the seed of tomorrow’s good luck.” ~ Og Mandino
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck Quotes - 10/07/13 01:14 PM
“But, he thought, I keep them with precision. Only I have no luck anymore. But who knows? Maybe today. Every day is a new day. It is better to be lucky. But I would rather be exact. Then when luck comes you are ready.” ~ Ernest Hemingway, The Old Man and the Sea
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck Quotes - 10/14/13 08:12 PM
A proverb from an unknown source - "Luck never gives; it only lends."
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck Quotes - 10/21/13 09:25 PM
“If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can’t, you’re right.“ ~ Henry Ford
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck Quotes - 10/28/13 10:54 AM
“I wandered everywhere, through cities and countries wide. And everywhere I went, the world was on my side.”
~ Roman Payne, Rooftop Soliloquy
Posted By: Sandra Investing/HFinance Re: Luck Quotes - 10/28/13 11:15 AM
I like this quote. It feels so positive.
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck Quotes - 11/04/13 02:54 PM
"I was lucky that I met the right mentors and teachers at the right moment." ~ author James Levine
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck Quotes - 11/11/13 07:19 PM
"Luck is what you have left over after you give 100 percent." ~Langston Coleman, Nebraska football player
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck Quotes - 11/18/13 04:43 PM
“Luck is a goddess not to be coerced and forcibly wooed by those who seek her favours. From such masterful spirits she turns away. But it happens sometimes that, if we put our hand in hers with the humble trust of a little child, she will have pity on us, and not fail us in our hour of need.” ~ P.G. Wodehouse
Posted By: Sandra Investing/HFinance Re: Luck Quotes - 11/19/13 03:16 PM
This is a wonderful quote.
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck Quotes - 11/25/13 09:32 PM
"Some folk want their luck buttered." ~ the character Mrs. Cuxcom in The Mayor of Casterbridge by British novelist and poet Thomas Hardy

Have you ever met anyone like this?
Posted By: Ally-Home/Hols/USA Cook Re: Luck Quotes - 12/06/13 09:41 PM
Success in life is all about timing! Allyson Elizabeth D'Angelo.
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck Quotes - 12/17/13 02:21 AM
That's awesome Allyson. Thank you for sharing.
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck Quotes - 12/17/13 02:23 AM
"You may be my lucky star. But I'm the luckiest by far." ~ Madonna from her song Lucky Star
Posted By: Ally-Home/Hols/USA Cook Re: Luck Quotes - 12/17/13 03:17 AM
"I am, I said!" Neil Diamond of the same song!
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck Quotes - 12/23/13 06:46 PM
“What I'm saying is that the sun always rises. Fortune's a mix of good and bad luck. Like they say - good luck and bad luck are strands of the same rope.” ~ Sakura Tsukuba, Land of the Blindfolded, Vol. 8
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck Quotes - 01/06/14 09:04 PM
"Reverence, humility, contentment, gratitude and hearing the good Dhamma, this is the best good luck." ~ Buddha
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck Quotes - 01/13/14 11:55 PM
"Luck sometimes visits a fool. It never sits down with him." ~ purported German proverb
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck Quotes - 01/27/14 05:04 PM
"You gotta try your luck at least once a day, because you could be going around lucky all day and not even know it." ~ Jimmy Dean
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck Quotes - 02/04/14 04:38 AM
"Don't believe in miracles - depend on them." ~ Laurence Peter
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck Quotes - 02/17/14 05:59 PM
"At any given moment you have the power to say this is not how the story is going to end." ~ Unknown
Posted By: Ally-Home/Hols/USA Cook Re: Luck Quotes - 02/17/14 11:34 PM
I like that Trish! smile
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck and Inspiration Quotes - 02/25/14 12:17 AM
British actor Roger Moore who is probably best remembered for his portrayal of James Bond has a special way he deals with mean people. I thought it would be fun to inject some cheekiness into the quote thread this week. wink

"I've learnt that through life you just get on with it. You're going to meet a lot of dishonest people along the line and you say good luck to them. I hope they live in comfort. Then I start sticking more pins in their effigies." ~ Roger Moore
Definitely love this quote from Roger Moore. Reminds me of one of the James Bond movies with voodoo. I think he was in that one too.
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck and Inspiration Quotes - 03/17/14 05:26 AM
'Tis the day everyone's Irish. I thought I'd post a few sayings and quotes for the day.

"May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light,
May good luck pursue you each morning and night."
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck and Inspiration Quotes - 03/17/14 05:28 AM
"For each petal on the shamrock this brings a wish your way- good health, good luck and happiness for today and every day." irish
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck and Inspiration Quotes - 03/17/14 05:31 AM
"As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point in the wrong direction." irish
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck and Inspiration Quotes - 03/17/14 05:33 AM
Come and join the fun. Make some up if you want. irish
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck and Inspiration Quotes - 03/17/14 05:38 AM
And now for somethin' a wee bit different -

"May you die in bed at 95, shot by a jealous spouse." blush
HaHaHa - Love the last one especially. Great emotional lift for today.

"May you find your pot of gold at the end of the rainbow."
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck and Inspiration Quotes - 03/31/14 07:14 PM
"Every strike brings me closer to the next home run." ~ Babe Ruth
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck and Inspiration Quotes - 04/12/14 03:01 AM
"People often remark that I'm pretty lucky. Luck is only important in so far as getting the chance to sell yourself at the right moment. After that, you've got to have talent and know how to use it." ~ Frank Sinatra
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck and Inspiration Quotes - 04/28/14 03:43 AM
I thought this week we'd go with an inspirational quote, so here you are:

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."

This one or variations of it have been attributed to Mark Twain but there's a question of whether he ever wrote it ( source ). Still, I think it's a wonderful sentiment. Have a great week everyone.
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck and Inspiration Quotes - 05/12/14 07:07 PM
"Therefore if a man look sharply and attentively, he shall see Fortune: for though she be blind, yet she is not invisible." ~ Francis Bacon, Essays, Of Fortune
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck and Inspiration Quotes - 06/24/14 01:02 AM
“It is the mark of an inexperienced man not to believe in luck.” ~ Joseph Conrad
Posted By: Linu Re: Luck and Inspiration Quotes - 07/07/14 03:49 AM
Luck is what happens when …..
Preparation meets Opportunity ….
In Life and In Game,
a good player who is prepared will be Lucky often……

Source : Business ~ Leadership ~ Management Quotes ~ Enrichwise
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck and Inspiration Quotes - 07/15/14 01:13 AM
"Luck is coming your way." ~ Quote from my fortune cookie this week. Here's to hoping my fortune comes true.
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck and Inspiration Quotes - 09/02/14 04:17 AM
“Ilse and I hunted all over the old orchard today for a four-leaved clover and couldn't find one. Then I found one in a clump of clover by the dairy steps tonight when I was straining the milk and never thinking of clovers. Cousin Jimmy says that is the way luck always comes, and it is no use to look for it.”
~ L.M. Montgomery, Emily of New Moon
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck and Inspiration Quotes - 09/30/14 02:55 AM
"Hardships often prepare an ordinary person for an extraordinary destiny." ~ C.S. Lewis
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck and Inspiration Quotes - 10/16/14 09:32 PM
"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." ~ Thomas A. Edison
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Luck and Inspiration Quotes - 10/17/14 05:32 AM
The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Mark Twain
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck and Inspiration Quotes - 11/18/14 07:57 PM
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...” ~ Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You'll Go!
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Luck and Inspiration Quotes - 11/19/14 04:49 AM
Luck? I don't know anything about luck. I've never banked on it and I'm afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: Hard work - and realizing what is opportunity and what isn't.
Lucille Ball
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Re: Luck and Inspiration Quotes - 11/19/14 02:22 PM
I like this one. It's attributed to a number of different people, so I guess I'm not the only one that likes it! wink

I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Luck and Inspiration Quotes - 11/19/14 03:55 PM
“I am not sure if some people are luckier than others, but one thing’s sure: right place, right time, you can define it however you want, some people get more opportunities than others.”
― Daya Kudari
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck and Inspiration Quotes - 12/23/14 03:31 AM
These holiday quotes may not technically fall under the luck or inspirational theme but I think they're cute. Do you have any you want to share?

“I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was six. Mother took me to see him in a department store and he asked for my autograph.” ~ Shirley Temple

“Maybe Christmas,” he thought, “doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas … perhaps … means a little bit more.” ~ Dr. Seuss
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck and Inspiration Quotes - 12/30/14 08:13 PM
"We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its chapter is New Year's day" ~ Edith Lovejoy Pierce
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck Quotes - 02/18/15 09:01 AM
“Trust your luck, Taran Wanderer. But don't forget to put out your nets!” ~ Lloyd Alexander, Taran Wanderer
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Luck Quotes - 05/12/15 07:12 PM
Hi Trish,

It's so nice to see you laugh

I don't know if you remember me, but I was a writer here back from 2006 till 2012.

Anyway, I thought I'd share a quote too laugh

Have a wonderful day!

"Giving opens the way to receiving." ~ Florence Scovel Shinn
Posted By: Jana - Creativity Editor Re: Luck Quotes - 05/12/15 07:53 PM
Love the quote. Thanks for sharing. I love quotes. One of my faves is If you want something you've never had, you must do something you've never done....Thomas Jefferson
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Luck Quotes - 05/13/15 01:12 AM
Hi Deanna,

Absolutely I remember you. Welcome back and I love the quote. I look forward to seeing your articles on the New Age site.
© BellaOnline Forums