BellaOnline
Posted By: wizphotogirl PHONE SCAMS - 07/25/12 06:04 AM
I got a call and was told that I won the Publish Clearence House and why I haven't claimed my money? I asked them why they are not at my front door if I won? They told me that they had to make sure that I was the right person and home before they would come. they also wanted me to pay $500 for the taxes first. They wanted me to give them my name and address (REFUSE IF ANYONE ASKS YOU THIS QUESTION) I told them to give me the name of the person that you are calling and they gave me all kind of excuses why they would not tell me. I told them if I had won, then why did I not get the information in the mail or why are you not knocking on my door. They would not answer these question...so I hung up and called the police (not 911, just the local number) to report the scam.
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: PHONE SCAMS - 07/25/12 11:59 AM
wizphotogirl, Welcome to BellaOnline
There are far to many scams out there
Good for you for not falling for it
I have been entering sweeps for many years and have and sill am winning
All of my prizes have showed up at my door with a congratulation
letter inclosed
There have been a couple where i have to get a notarized letter to claim my prize including for the laptop I'm using
I have had friends call me and say they have won a thousand dollar gift card
And i say did you enter it
And they get sad and say no
If you didn't enter it you didn't win it
I have passed up prizes I've won because i couldn't afford the taxes
NEVER pay for a sweepstakes
Stay safe
Posted By: josh53 Re: PHONE SCAMS - 07/27/12 05:23 PM
Thanks for sharing this warning. I did read about these fraudsters using the good name of the Publisher's Clearing House in perpetrating a scam. Do you still have the phone number? Can you, like, share it so maybe we know which phone number to watch out for? :wall:
Posted By: josh53 Re: PHONE SCAMS - 07/27/12 05:29 PM
I did a little research online and found a complaint posted at this consumer complaint website called Callercenter and there was the phone number used by a scammer who claimed was using the name PCH in his scams. Could that possible be the same guy?
Posted By: wizphotogirl Re: PHONE SCAMS - 08/02/12 04:03 AM
Hi all, I think the number is 876-393-5136, but this number can change many times and be out of the country too. I have never won prizes from entering contests. I have won 1 from doing on-line surveys but there is only a couple companies that I will do. There is one that I have been doing for years...many years before computers where in homes.
© BellaOnline Forums