BellaOnline
Posted By: BoomerGal What is your Real Age? - 02/28/08 03:55 PM
Have you taken the Real Age quiz? I loved it because it showed me at about 6 years younger than my chonological age-lol.

It asks lots of questions about your health, vitamins you take, if you have pets, etc and either adds years or subtracts. It also gives you a report at the end as to how you can subtract more years.

Real Age Quiz

Posted By: chloe21 Re: What is your Real Age? - 02/28/08 05:47 PM
My real age was about 3 years younger. I liked the report that tells you what you can do to subtract more years. Very helpful site.
Posted By: M o e Re: What is your Real Age? - 02/28/08 06:24 PM
This was interesting. I was 1.6 years younger than my age.
Posted By: BoomerGal Re: What is your Real Age? - 03/05/08 10:10 PM
Glad you liked it! I'm trying to do things to improve my health and it was interesting the things they asked-like if you have a pet and about how social you are. Things you might not think of.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What is your Real Age? - 03/05/08 10:35 PM
Mine was about 5 years younger - I was a bit concerned about the detail of the questions. They could do quite a bit of social profiling, as they now know your exact birthdate, your email address, your income, the prescription medications you take, the age of your children, etc. etc. etc. ...
Posted By: joanj Re: What is your Real Age? - 03/06/08 02:57 PM
I took that test probably 2 years ago and didn't really think about the profiling aspect. I didn't notice any increase in spam or junk mail tho and I don't think they sell their listings.
Posted By: sonia.c Re: What is your Real Age? - 04/11/08 12:58 PM
it shows me 2 years younger
Posted By: sonia.c Re: What is your Real Age? - 04/11/08 01:01 PM
seems that it shows younger for everybody
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: What is your Real Age? - 04/12/08 09:25 AM
I hate to be the one to break the cycle, but i came up 9.8 years older then what i am ;o(
Posted By: Allison_PCAdvice Re: What is your Real Age? - 04/13/08 04:20 PM
I came up higher also. That is from years of smoking (I quit last year) but added a lot of weight in the process which did not help the score.
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: What is your Real Age? - 04/13/08 04:28 PM
ALLISON Congrats on giving up smoking, i know from smoking friends how hard that can be,I don't smoke but i added on points for other bad habits
Posted By: Lynne - ChristianLiving Re: What is your Real Age? - 04/13/08 06:34 PM
I came out with 9.1 years younger than I am. - Yay! I was surprised since my exercise time is way down to almost nothing. If I get back into a routine, I'll be back into my 40's. smile
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: What is your Real Age? - 04/13/08 06:39 PM
Way to go Lynne,
Posted By: sonia.c Re: What is your Real Age? - 04/14/08 04:56 PM
Originally Posted By: skyhaven
I hate to be the one to break the cycle, but i came up 9.8 years older then what i am ;o(

hope it makes a mistake
Posted By: sonia.c Re: What is your Real Age? - 04/14/08 05:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Lynne Chapman
I came out with 9.1 years younger than I am. - Yay! I was surprised since my exercise time is way down to almost nothing. If I get back into a routine, I'll be back into my 40's. smile

you are so lucky!
Posted By: freespirit Re: What is your Real Age? - 04/14/08 05:32 PM
I think those test are way to biased. they count off way to much for not being the ideal weight which to me has nothing to do with health! they also count off for smoking way to much. I took the test a few years back and put in different info for the no exercise bad eating habit but thin non smoker and well off money wise I came out being 10 yrs younger then my age but a smoking, over weight low income but exercises every day lots of great eating habits lots of water blah blah blah I came out 35 years older then what I was....the same basic info was used on both except the weight. the age gender and all that I didnt change. I also did a mix of info it was interesting.

What does income, smoking and weight have to do with anything?
Posted By: joanj Re: What is your Real Age? - 04/15/08 09:53 PM
I just took the test again this past week and I came up 12 years younger this time. Guess the fact that I've been making lots of healthy changes the past few years has been paying off.

I noticed that they do give you recommendations on ways to trim off the years so if you came up higher.
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: What is your Real Age? - 04/15/08 09:58 PM
Thats great Joan, keep up the good work
Posted By: Bonniesa Re: What is your Real Age? - 04/15/08 10:35 PM
I took it and it said I was about my same age and then did it a bit differently and I was a few years younger. When you get on their mailing list they send you something daily and it is a bit too much.
Posted By: joanj Re: What is your Real Age? - 04/17/08 04:35 PM
You can probably unsubscribe from that. I've only been getting something about once a week.

I figure if I keep making healthy changes, maybe I'll end up back at 21 again!
Posted By: M.B. Re: What is your Real Age? - 04/20/08 04:59 AM
I came out at three and a half years older. I wasn't surprised by that. I'm a smoker with a stressful financial life, family problems, and osteoarthritis.

On the other hand...
*Owning a cat did not effect my score. It was recommended I get a dog. I don't want a dog. I don't have the space, time or money for a dog. Also, I thought the emotional health benefits of having a dog applied to cats, too...
*My weight was a huge issue in my overall score. But the score for weight was based on BMI, which doesn't work well for big boned, very muscular people like myself. My score was pretty skewed by that.
*I eat red meat more than once per week and I don't eat fish. Apparently, everyone is supposed to eat multiple servings of fish each week as a primary source of pretty much everything veggies can't provide. Personally, I'd rather starve than eat fish. Ugh.
*I don't eat breakfast. I'm one of those people who is completely turned off to food until I've been up a couple of hours, had a shower, some coffee, and time to get mentally awake. By that time, I'm on my way to work and I end up fasting until lunch. It's been this way since my Mom gave up forcing me to eat breakfast, 15 years ago. There's little hope for me on that part of the score.

I think by the time I answered the food questions, I had been classified as hopeless! lol
© BellaOnline Forums