BellaOnline
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Good Morning Coffee Friends - 03/14/12 05:34 PM
Good Morning Coffee Friends,

So last night I made "Blondies" for my family, but didn't have one. So, I decided that this morning I'd have a wee bit of one with my vanilla nut coffee! I highly recommend this smile

How was your coffee adventure this morning smile
Posted By: Jim Colyer Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 04/20/12 12:58 AM
I ate at the Waffle House in Nashville today, and the waitress spilled the coffee all over my table.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 05/12/15 08:06 AM
Good Morning Coffee Friends laugh

I was up super early for me (4:15am). That's too early for food, but perfect for coffee laugh I'm still on my first cup; it's a dark roast with a bit of baking cocoa and sweet cream added.

When I'm up this early, it's really the only companion I want to interact with LOL.

How's your morning laugh
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 05/18/15 09:57 AM
Good Morning Coffee Friends. I slept in today!! 6am YAY!

My coffee this morning contains a spoon of baking cocoa (no added sugar) and sweet cream coffee cream (umm, ya, lots of sugar).

It's a delicious companion for the morning hours. Hubby just left for work, and the kids will be heading out soon. Coffee will keep me company as I tackle a couple of things this morning that absolutely have to get done.

How about you? How's your morning, and are you joined by your favorite cuppa??
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 05/19/15 09:27 AM
Good Morning Coffee Friends smile

So last night was a rough night! Do you ever just have something on your mind, and can't let it go? So that was me. So this morning I am particularly glad to see coffee (and to ibuprofen). I'm having my typical cafe mocha in my much beloved coffee cup.

Feeling better already. I hope your day is bright smile
Posted By: Sheryl T Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 05/20/15 07:45 PM
Good day! I am trying to pack as much into this time as possible. I drink about 6 cups (tall mug) in the morning. I need that to get going after a night of tossing and turning even though I take gabapentin which knocks most people out! I use Folgers Custom Roast. I prefer that or a French Roast.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 05/24/15 09:45 AM
Good Morning Coffee Lovers lovers So I wonder why there isn't a coffee smiley emoticon?? Hmmm... question for another forum I guess wink

I have been sick for days! And I finally have my taste buds back. So this morning's coffee is particularly delicious laugh

Daisybun, I am just so sensitive to coffee, that I frequently drink decaf. I think I'm the only person I know who can't taste the difference LOL!
Posted By: Alice - Weight Loss Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 05/24/15 09:50 AM
I can taste the difference ... decaf tastes vaguely like metal. Honestly, I wish I could quit the coffee habit because I know it's not healthy, but it tastes so darned good!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 05/24/15 10:29 AM
Originally Posted By Alice - Weight Loss
I can taste the difference ... decaf tastes vaguely like metal. Honestly, I wish I could quit the coffee habit because I know it's not healthy, but it tastes so darned good!

Hi Alice,

I hear mixed messages about the healthiness or non-healthiness of coffee. For me, I think the unhealthy part is the addition of the sweetened creamers - I am absolutely crazy about them!!

I also drink an herbal coffee called Teeccino. In fact, I drink more Teeccino than regular coffee. And it's SOOOOO delicious. And it's even dark, and robust, and makes the kitchen smell delicious when it's brewed.

I do love the taste of coffee - but I love Teeccino too, and it's a nice healthy alternative (except when I add in all that sweet creamer LOL).
Posted By: Sheryl T Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 05/24/15 10:45 AM
This is the first I've heard of this. I'm going to order some after the first of the month.
Posted By: Alice - Weight Loss Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 05/24/15 11:37 AM
Hmm ... I might try it (:
Posted By: Sheryl T Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 05/24/15 11:48 AM
I can't tell the difference in decaf either. It's funny that I am so sensitive to tasting the difference in other beverages but coffee is just coffee to me!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 05/30/15 11:26 AM

I woke up this morning at 5:20am, to the sound of Irish folk music. Apparently, my neighbors had an all night party, and fell asleep in their backyard, leaving their music on.

The music was low enough though, that at first I thought I was dreaming it smile It was cool, cuz I like to be up early anyway.

I started off my morning with a cafe mocha, and then brewed a pot of Orange Teeccino. I add a wee bit of baking cocoa to it because I love chocolate and orange together.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I have some things I have to do for my elderly mom and aunt, but I'm hoping to have some reading time on my patio later this afternoon. Maybe my neighbors will still be playing their Irish folk music wink
Posted By: Sheryl T Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 05/30/15 07:31 PM
I had a hard night last night. I fell asleep on the couch and awoke at 1 am to some hellacious bloodcurdling screaming right outside my window in the alley. I was so petrified I couldn't eve get to my phone. Then the screaming came around the front of the house and it sounded like it was right on my porch and the screamer was also at this point yelling, "F U b....!" In the morning I went out and there wasn't any blood or sign of struggle or anything. But something was definitely going on. I went to the police station and asked that they do a patrol because I have had other things happening on the side of the house in the last couple of months. I tried to nap today but it was pretty much impossible.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 05/31/15 08:17 AM
Oh Yikes Daisybun! That is so freakin' scary! I hope they beef up patrol for you. Sleepless nights make for difficult days. frown
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 05/31/15 08:23 AM

I have started off my day with the herbal coffee, Teeccino, the peppermint mocha flavor. I added a spoon of baking cocoa, creamer, and even another drop of peppermint (I like it really minty).

I'm up early, so the house is quiet, and I can get to some writing. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

#Teeccino #LoveMyMornings laugh
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 06/01/15 08:42 AM

And happy Monday.

One of my favorite times of the day is sipping coffee in the early morning hours, on my patio. And this time of year, it's always so lovely to do that.

This morning's blend will be coffee with baking cocoa and sweet cream coffee creamer.

Have a wonderful day!
Posted By: Sheryl T Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 06/01/15 11:45 AM
I had coffee perking as I awoke. That is always good. I got an earlier start to my day than I thought I would.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 06/05/15 07:58 AM
Originally Posted By daisybun
I had coffee perking as I awoke. That is always good. I got an earlier start to my day than I thought I would.

I've put a fun coffee pot on my wish list - one that I can program to start up in the morning so I wake to the amazing aroma of coffee smile

This morning is a peppermint mocha morning. I am now off to journal before my family wakes smile

I hope everyone has an amazing Friday!!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 06/06/15 09:13 AM
Good Morning Coffee Friends laugh

This morning's cafe' mocha is helping me organize my day. Off to the Farmer's market in a bit, then I'm babysitting my mom and aunt while their caregiver runs some personal errands.

It's sprinkling a wee bit here today, so I hope the Farmer's market still has its vendors - I really need my fresh arugula laugh

Have a great day!
Posted By: Encore DT Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 06/06/15 11:30 AM
Good morning all. Drinking a latte I made myself, with Peet's French Roast, and what a delightful latte it is...
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 06/08/15 08:07 PM
Originally Posted By Encore DT
Good morning all. Drinking a latte I made myself, with Peet's French Roast, and what a delightful latte it is...

Yum!! I decided I needed some decaf this afternoon. It's just so comforting, and I'm tired and want the comfort LOL.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 06/09/15 08:28 AM
Good Morning Coffee Friends,

I didn't wake up my usual cheery self. I guess I've just got a lot on my mind. I'm glad I have lunch with a friend today to look forward to.

And my coffee mug makes me happy. So I'm sipping my coffee very mindfully this morning, and enjoying the peacefulness that is in my home at this moment.

And we might actually have thunderstorms today. Weird, as yesterday was 105 degrees. Hmmm....
Posted By: Sheryl T Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 06/09/15 11:51 AM
I needed my coffee so badly this morning. I drug myself around the house. Yesterday was really emotionally tiring for me and I felt the residue of it this morning.
My coffee calmed me. I focused on the aroma and steam on the tip of my nose. I felt so much better after a few moments of this.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 06/11/15 09:26 AM
Daisybun, I feel the same way about my coffee. That's why if I've had a rough day of it, I'll often have decaf in the evening.

Coffee is friendly, soothing, and comforting. And I always feel it shift my perspective to a calmer, more loving state.

Lots of love and brightness on your day Daisybun laugh
Posted By: Encore DT Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 06/11/15 11:51 AM
I actually skipped coffee this morning, so I'm a little concerned for the people around me lol.
Posted By: Sheryl T Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 06/17/15 05:34 PM
I have a pot that brews at 7 am. Perfect time. The gurgle sound wakes me up. I get up with a smile every day.
Posted By: Sheryl T Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 06/23/15 11:34 AM
Changed my coffee start time to 7:30 am. Like having that 30 minute window to hit the snooze button during the summer.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 07/07/15 01:26 PM
Originally Posted By Encore DT
I actually skipped coffee this morning, so I'm a little concerned for the people around me lol.

HA HA!! Yikes!! Now what caused you to skip coffee?
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 07/07/15 01:27 PM
Sheryl, it's so nice to have coffee waiting for us laugh
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 07/07/15 01:28 PM
This morning I enjoyed my regular cafe mocha. And it was such a gorgeous morning, I enjoyed some time on my patio laugh I LOVE days like this.

I'm about to have a cup of Roma - which is coffee-like. I enjoy it, and like it doesn't have any of the caffeine (which I'm sensitive to) but all of the comfort creaminess laugh

I hope everyone has a great day!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 07/19/15 10:44 AM
Good Morning Coffee Friends laugh And happy Sunday!

I woke up at 6am, and brewed a pot of coffee. I LOVE the early morning hours when it's so quiet.

Today I made a peppermint latte - which just means I used peppermint mocha creamer, a bit of baking cocoa, and a drop of peppermint oil. Perfect!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 08/23/15 09:17 AM
Good Morning Coffee Friends.

Today we ran out of coffee! As I'm up at 5:30am, I wasn't too pleased about the idea of having to run to the store, and luckily I didn't. We had saved yesterday's coffee to make iced-coffee and it was in the fridge. I just reheated it.

I know some people (my husband included) hate drinking day old coffee, but not me! I'm happily in my jammies on a Sunday morning with my hot cuppa smile

I hope everyone has a nice relaxing day!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 09/18/15 08:29 AM

I am so excited because it is really beginning to feel like Fall here where I live in Southern California.

So this morning I'm using pumpkin spice coffee creamer. Yummmmm.

I make a homemade version of this drink too, but that requires actual pumpkin pie filling - which I don't have. I think a trip to the grocery store to stock up on the ingredients is in order.

I hope everyone has a lovely day smile
Good Morning, Deanna!
I sit with my cup of Mocha Coffee accented with Amaretto Creamer, reflecting on my life, my ambitions, and the small mound of dog hair I can see beneath the sofa. Have a great day!
Chel
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 09/18/15 08:54 AM
Oh good morning Chel smile What a lovely morning for sure, right?

Mocha and Amaretto is another favorite of mine. And omgoodness, I can relate to that small mound of dog hair. Sometimes as I'm trying to reflect, because I can't stop staring at it, I give up, sweet, and then go back to reflecting LOL!! Luckily, it's still too dark here to really see much dog hair HA HA!!!

You have a great morning too!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 09/19/15 09:46 AM

Another morning joined by my pumpkin spice latte.

I'm just enjoying the peaceful, and cool, quiet of a Saturday morning when the family sleeps in - so no fuss, just quiet.

I get to give a talk today that I'm pretty excited about, so will probably just look over my notes again and enjoy this beautiful morning.

I hope everyone has an amazing Saturday smile
Cats Fed, Dogs Fed, Broom in place to sweep pet hair, and Coffee. I am looking toward a productive day as well as some Football Fun. Go Buckeyes! Oh, and I have one final chapter to read in my book and I have been savoring it because I am having separation issues already leaving the characters! smile
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 09/19/15 10:22 AM
HA HA!!! Yes, I swept too LOL!

And tell me again what book you are reading - I'm pretty sure you mentioned it in another forum, but I forget now.

And I get that too - separation anxiety. I miss the characters, and want to start the book over again.
Good morning,

Waking up before my girls and I walk the park.

Deanna! My husband found The Secret and Illusions in one of our book boxes in storage the other day. I was so happy. I have Illusions on my laptop, but there's just something, still, about holding a book in your hands.
Okay, Allyson and Deanna - right this minute, I am going to look up "Illusions"! I have "The Secret".

I'm back. I have Illusions and Jonathan Livingston Seagull (read when I was younger) both in my wishlist for my Kindle.

The book I'm reading is called "will grayson, will grayson". John Green of "Paper Towns" and David Levithan of "Boy Meets Boy" collaborated on this book and I am really enjoying it. Give it a look on Amazon! (I am an Amazon Girl).
Johnathon Livingston Seagull was an awesome book. I don't have that one anymore.
Ok, we're back from the park.

What a wonderful way to start the day. I found trails that I didn't know existed. My girls (they are 12) didn't want to leave, but it was starting to get a little hot around 10:30 a.m.

We got quite a workout stretching the legs - it was really nice!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 09/20/15 09:50 AM
Allyson, it sounds like you had an amazing morning!

And Chel, I'll check out "Will Grayson, Will Grayson." I'm an amazon girl too - and Allyson, definitely a book girl.

I do have a lot of books on my Kindle, but some books just need to be held.

My particular copy of Illusions is from 1979. My Grammie wrote in it - it was a birthday present. It's so precious to me.

A few years ago my son gave me a Joseph Campbell book, and wrote it in. That can't be done with a Kindle book wink

However, I did greatly appreciate being able to read "The Host" on Kindle, because it is one giant book LOL!! I often think about getting Mists of Avalon on kindle (one of my favorite books) just because it, too, is giant!! Heavy books aren't the easiest things to read in bed at night LOL!!!

So my day started off with Pumpkin Spice again. And then I journaled, just so much to think about today because my son is moving into his dorm. Lots of feelings surrounding that!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!
Afternoon coffee, Mocha, while looking at the sunshine and thinking about the future, and ignoring the call of laundry in the basement.
Wishing everyone a good afternoon and evening.
Aha! Ahead of you Michelle, laundry is practically done!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 09/21/15 10:15 AM

Chel, I've been ignoring laundry too... well, not ignoring, forgetting laugh Thankfully hubby threw in a load last night!

My morning coffee is again, pumpkin spice. I have happy and thankful to be able to open my windows this morning for the fresh air. I think we'll have some rain later today, but yesterday was just so hot, we actually slept with the air conditioner on last night!

Today I only have a couple of "have-to" things, but one of those is a reading, and those take a couple of hours - so that's next on my list.

I just needed a moment of quiet and coffee smile

I hope you all have an amazing day!
Good morning Chel and Deanna,

Doing the same, drinking a bold Italian roast - it really wakes me up!

Deanna, how did the moving your son in Sunday go. I hope you weren't too sad!

Yesterday my husband took the kids to Costco and then stopped at Target over the street from us and low and behold, the car won't start. So now he's sitting on the couch with his coffee wondering where to take the darn thing. AAA will tow for free, but keep your fingers crossed on the fixings!

Luckily I have a neighbor across the street, old friend along with the kids, that we knew a long time before we moved to NY, who's taking my kids to school the next 2 days. Their school is 3 miles away and we aren't registered for the school bus. Maybe I should in case of emergencies like this.

Otherwise, the Cali sun is shining AGAIN! Today, I'm going to do a little more work on my eBook (it's so time consuming) and wash the tile - then plan dinner!

Have a great day kids!
Good afternoon, Allyson, Deanna and other Coffee Friends!

Yes, you read that right, it says "afternoon". I did have morning coffee (Mocha) and I am now having afternoon coffee. I am working on my new article and have a short doable list of things to get done. Is laundry on there? Oops, better check.

Deanna, I hope you have a great day and I share in Allyson's sentiment.

Allyson, car problems are the pits! They make you feel hopeless and helpless at times in my experience. Sending positive thoughts your way.

The sun is shining and it's a pretty nice fall day in Columbus, Ohio. We live across the street from a high school which is releasing as I type. I can hear the conversations and laughter of the kids as they walk by. Their day is done, I am still in my PJ's. Because I'm a writer and that how I roll.

Have a wonderful day!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 09/22/15 03:11 PM
Good Morning Ladies, and other coffee friends who are yet to post smile

Allyson, Sunday went really well. And he's been so sweet about texting me just to let me know how things are going. And he called last night. It was great to hear his voice.

Oy, I'm sorry to hear about your car. Ugh! We just sold a truck because it had so many issues. Good riddance to it I say LOL!

Chel, I'd LOVE to have afternoon coffee, but I'm so flippen' sensitive to caffeine, and the acidity. Morning, I'm okay. But even if I drink decaf in the afternoon, I usually end up with heartburn.

I need a calm soothing alternative. Maybe I just need to drink more hot-cocoa LOL!! Oh banish that thought - I'm headed to the weight loss forums next LOL!!

It's very hot and humid here today. Though, sitting in my home, in air conditioned comfort, it definitely looks like Fall outside, and feels like fall because I'm burning a pumpkin spice candle, and playing Loreena McKennitt (she's very Celtic).

I had a cafe'mocha this morning - two in fact smile

In a bit, my daughter and I will head out to see "The Visit," the first of our scary movies for this lovely season.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day XOXOXOX
Deanna - Let me know if you like the Visit. I know about it. smile
I love hot-cooa and hot apple cider!
You have an awesome day too.
I am working on conquering the world and laundry today!

Hi Allyson!!!!!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 09/23/15 09:34 AM

And Happy, Happy, Fall Equinox XOXOXOX

So Chel, the movie, "The Visit" was okay. It was startling, and surprising. But, it was not a paranormal thriller. It was a psychological thriller. I was expecting the former. My daughter was very tripped out by it though, and I heard her talking about it to her friends later smile That was pretty cute wink

So this morning I'm enjoying a Cafe Mocha. I was going to put a drop of peppermint oil in it, and then remembered that I sent the peppermint oil off with my boy to college! So, I need another bottle.

Today my daughter and I are headed for the mountains to celebrate the equinox, and I may try to get a video done this morning before we head out. I have a couple of newsletters that need to be sent too! Yikes! I better get moving LOL!

I hope everyone has a most wonderful day!
Hi Coffee Friends!

As it is the first day of Autumn, I decided to be different. More different than usual.

I bought a half-gallon of Kroger's Salted Caramel Iced Coffee Beverage. It was on sale and I had a coupon.

Delish!!!! I am really enjoying it!

I hope everyone has a great day and that you do amazing things. I might amaze myself and visit the washer and dryer.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 09/23/15 10:48 AM
Oh Yum! Yum! Yum!!

I really do believe that caramel is one of those under-appreciated flavors during this time of year.

I prefer dipping apple slices in caramel more than I enjoy eating a pumpkin spice muffin. Ooooh, or a caramel apple!!!

Enjoy your day!
Now you're talkin!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 09/24/15 08:56 AM
Good Morning Everyone smile

This morning, I am so happy that I can have the windows open! It's breezy and cool - oh YAY!!!

It makes enjoying my cafe mocha ALL that more enjoyable!

So yesterday my daughter and I did get to the mountains, and had a lovely day. I got home, and was just too tired to do anything else LOL!!!

Today I'm taking my aunt to the doctor - and it's a big deal - it's her neurologist. The findings on her recent MRI will be guiding what happens over the next few months.

Then I have a video to record. I did get motivated enough to start it yesterday, but then my phone shut off after about two minutes of recording - and it's a good 35 minutes or so LOL!! My daughter looked at my phone for me, and told me I had way to many pictures and videos recorded on it LOL!! So, I spent the next two hours deleting and moving. Now I have space again LOL!! I'll give it a go again after my hubby goes to work.

Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful day!!! WONDERFUL!
Good morning Deanna,

After battling with my coffee machine to turn itself on, I'm now enjoying my strong, Italian roast cuppa!

Just caught one of my daughters finishing off homework, which should have been done last night....a big talk is a coming! Yikes!

Today I'm going to make something from a book called Death by Chocolate. It was my husbands aunts book - she was a great baker, and there are sooooo sooooo many easy-to-make fattening cakes, cookies, tarts - you name it, they are in there! Just deciding right now.

I wished I could've gone to the mountains - it must have been lovely! Ah!

Well, I can bet we'll cross paths during the day, so enjoy your morning and we'll speak soon my friend.
Good Morning!
I am determined to have a great day, although I woke up grumpy due to the fact I binged last night on Netflix and "Sing I On". My bad. frown
Currently sipping on my Mocha coffee with Hazelnut creamer and a tad bit of sugar. Nibbling on a few wheat crackers. It's one of those days where I don't know where to start - time to get my notebook and organize my day! I hope everyone has a great day as well!!!! I love these morning check-ins and for some odd reason, Allyson, I am graving chocolate.
Well, I've picked out 4 things already from that book, but I need to make only ONE as we still have a half cheesecake left over from my birthday.

Otherwise, I will be needing to visit Alice in her Weight Loss forum...lol
Posted By: Alice - Weight Loss Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 09/26/15 04:19 AM
Common over! I'll leave the light on for ya! lol

I could not sleep. I'm enjoying a cup of coffee and reading through the forum.

I have a very long list of errands to run today and household chores.

I really do love autumn. The cooler days and the brilliant colors are lovely. I'd love to photo journal these days. There's something peaceful about living according to the seasons and savoring the moments.

Happy Saturday, my sweet friends.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 09/26/15 10:13 AM

I actually slept in today - till like 6:15am. That is late for me LOL!!

My coffee this morning is a cafe mocha - simple, but delicious. It's been pushing 100 degrees here this week, and today is already to warm to have the windows opened. Sigh.

Alice, I am with you on that - there is something very peaceful about living according to the seasons, and savoring the moments. My daughter and I have even been discussing things we want to do this season to create lovely memories. So far, at the top of that list, is getting out with friends, and enjoying being outside.

Allyson, maybe you'll bake something, and then post pictures smile I LOVE looking at beautiful food too (especially desserts LOL). And I hope your coffee machine was in line this morning. Maybe you need to let it know just how very easy it would be to replace it ::::evil grin:::

Chel, I hope your day turned around. I was up a bit later than usual last night because my son came home, and I had to hear about his adventures in his first week away at college. And, I'm currently binge-watching "The Gates." Well, if you can call watching one episode, and then falling asleep during the next one, binge watching LOL!!!

So, today I'm getting some silverware for my boy - he has no forks or spoons LOL!!! I'm also going to take some maple fudge over to my mom and aunt.

I did find out on Thursday that my aunt has alzheimer's type dementia. That's sad, but also, finally, it's a diagnosis. My aunt and I have both been treating life as if it will go back to normal, and now we know it won't. Now I can prep for that.

So, onward and upward, right smile

I am looking forward to a great day!!! And I hope you are too!

Have a wonderful and beautiful day smile
Just about to leave for the park with my girls for our weekend walk. Hubby went to Target for a new coffee pot - enjoying the new brew and waiting for the kids to get it together!

Enjoy your morning kids!
I dare not say Good Morning as it is past 10 PM in Columbus, Ohio. Yet, I am having coffee. Saturdays are Ohio State University Buckeye Football day and Jeff and I with our dear friend and neighbor, Rlena, gather today for food, touchdowns, and hopefully a Buckeye win! As of tonight, we are still undefeated.

Deanna - I am thinking of you and your aunt. And, I do understand about getting a clear diagnosis.

Allyson, I hope you had a wonderful walk today with your girls.

Alice, I am hoping that you completed your list of things to do today and were able to enjoy your day!

It was a good day in Columbus, and after a few chores on the computer, I plan to snuggle up with my newest binge show - Hart of Dixie. smile

I hope you guys had a great day!
Posted By: Alice - Weight Loss Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 09/27/15 06:48 AM
Allyson, how was the family walk?
Posted By: Alice - Weight Loss Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 09/27/15 08:13 AM

Michelle, I completed the errand list ... the housework will have to wait until today. My son and I saw Hotel Transylvania 2 - funny movie. So many shows to watch ... Heart of Dixie is on the list. Do you really like it?
Posted By: Alice - Weight Loss Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 09/27/15 08:13 AM

Deanna, how are there enough hours in a day to get it all done? I'm caring for my aunt next weekend who has dementia. She was such a strong and intelligent woman. It doesn't seem reasonable that this is happening at the rate it is.

Happy Sunday!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 09/27/15 09:24 AM

I was up at 5:15am. But that's totally okay, I got to go out and see tonight's full moon dress rehearsal smile

I am enjoying cafe mocha, which is basically just coffee with a spoon of baking cocoa (no sugar) and part plain creamer, and part sweet creamer. I am gradually adding more plain and less sweet. Since I've cut out sugar in the rest of my diet (mostly) I feel okay with making my coffee change-over a little more slowly LOL!

Alice, I am sorry about your aunt. And as for dementia, ya, I am still so much in denial. I keep thinking, when I see them in a moment of clarity, that it was all a big misunderstanding or something.

Oh I want to see Hotel Transylvania 2. Wait? Did I even see the first one? I don't think I did LOL!!

Chel, I have family members in Maryland who LIVE for football - it's so cute!! They are in their 70s. If I call back there in the middle of an important play, they always tell me they'll call me back, and hang up without so much as a goodbye LOL!!!

Allyson, congrats on the new coffee pot. And I hope you enjoyed your walk!

My son is still home for the weekend. I imagine we'll have a giant breakfast (once everyone finally gets up).

I hope everyone has an amazing day! XOXOXOX
Good Morning ladies!

Alice and Deanna, yes, enjoyed the walk in the park - it's so serene and beautiful - but it started getting so hot at 10:30. So Starbuck we hit and then home.

Today I'm taking the girls down to Laguna Beach for a couple of hours until it starts to heat up again. I'm not supposed to be out in extreme heat from my the stent I had put in my throat, so I'm limited - I can make that work though.

I'm still hoping you don't have to feed the meters on Sunday smile Well, I'm leaving at 8:30. I'm all ready to go out the door and the girls are still in their P.J.'s lol I'm leaving ready or not!

Enjoy your morning coffees and I'll talk to you later.
Ok, I'm back from the beach! That was too much of nice! I really missed that in N.Y.

The kids got smashed with a big and that made mommy laugh really hard! LOL

It started getting a little hot and I was afraid of a meter ticket. Stopped at Starbucks and walked into a lovely cold house.

Can't wait til next weekend!
What are you guys up to today?
Hi Guys! Please excuse my tardiness. I am currently living in the state of Alabama and eating crab dip through the show "Hart of Dixie". It's not really binge watching when you do stop every 30 minutes or so to do a little chore here and again. I now have an excuse to watch more as I'm eating chili, though for some odd reason, I'm wanting catfish and grits! Yes, it's a great show!!!!
I am also going over my site with a fine tooth comb as I will be able to submit my review for graduation for the Teen Site tomorrow night! I am so nervous and excited!
Oh, AND GO BUCKS! We are still undefeated!
OMG Michelle, you have it all!

Crabs, Dixies and Bucks! Wish I was there, especially for the Crab dippin' lol

I don't think you will have a problem with your site. Chill and leave the chores til tomorrow.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 09/28/15 08:44 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!

Chel, your teen site is awesome! You are going to do great. And I LOVE Hart of Dixie. I really want that last season to be loaded on Netflix so I can get on with my life!

Allyson, it was unseasonably (or maybe it is the season LOL) HOT yesterday. My daughter says "well, it'll be nicer this week, it'll get down into the mid-90s." How's that for positivity HA HA!!!

Maybe she was being sarcastic, and I didn't pick up on it LOL!!

Did anyone watch the eclipse last night? WOW!! It was amazing!! And I stayed awake through it LOL!!

So, my morning is revolving around me getting a MASSAGE!! Yes! I am finally getting in for some bodywork. I'll babysit my mom and aunt later - we'll be watching the movie "Practical Magic."

I have been going over an ebook I've been working on for a couple of years. It's NEARLY done - so I just want to get it done, so I can move on to my next two projects; another ebook for my site, and my paranormal romance on NaNoWriMo.

There has to be an ebook forum around here somewhere!!

Anyway, I hope everyone has a most wonderful day!! Catch up to you all later smile
Good Morning all!

Wonderful morning at the beach yesterday - wanted to stay all day. Deanna, looks like you have your day packed! lol

There is an ebook thread, which Lisa started, and on which I posted a couple of weeks ago for an answer but got none. Got that later through Tina Sansone - our ebook person.

I'll look for the thread when I get back from school - I think it was an editor only thread.

So it's Monday again - remember when the car broke, well now we have a leak in our walls somewhere and have to have someone investigate that. My husband picked it up on our water bill, when they said we'd used more than double our amount. We don't use the dishwasher, kids take a shower at the pool when down there and I cram the washer with laundry...and we don't have a garden...he thought something was up, and it was.
Good Morning Ladies - Oh dear, there is a final season of Hart of Dixie to be loaded! I am on Season 2 right now! Well, more Binge Watching and another whole season yet posted!!!!

Unfortunately, it was cloudy in Columbus last night and not an eclipse could I see. But, I swear I felt it. I got, let's say, a wee bit more Bi-Polarish! smile

Thank you Deanna for your comment about my site. You would think I was graduating college today. Although this is not my first graduation from BellaOnline, I am especially nervous because I love this site so very much and have an incredible plan and list of ideas! I just finished my last article and it's percolating on the other screen until I look at it one more time and post it!

Allyson, Yikes! We had a situation like that when we moved into our (old) new house. We had no idea until we found a small leak in our basement.

Have a great day!!!!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 09/29/15 08:14 AM
Oh Allyson, that's a shame about the water leak! Oy! And I don't remember, did you get your car squared away?? And I will go look for that ebook thread. After I posted that I was thinking that I had posted there, maybe during my last incarnation here at BellaOnline LOL.

Chel, let us know when you graduate smile I know you are going to do a lot with that site!!

I was actually kicking around the idea of getting another site now that I'm fully graduated. Though honestly, everything I want to write about falls under the category of New Age - I guess I don't need one LOL!!

Yesterday I got my massage, and then followed up with a Chiropractic adjustment. I have not been this sore in a really long time - of course, it's been over six months since my last massage, and I did hurt my neck and back pushing my aunt in a wheel chair (up hill no less). I definitely need to be more committed in my self-care, and get bodywork done regularly.

And I did babysit my mom and aunt - we watched Practical Magic - which they LOVED, and I had that opportunity to crochet! YAY!!

So, I was up super early - 3:45am. I gulped down my first cuppa rather unceremoniously. I'm drinking water now, and determined that my next cup will be sipped and savored wink

I hope you all have a fabulous day!
Good Morning to my Coffee Club!
Vanilla Biscotti on tap this morning with a Little Debbie Chocolate Brownie.
I wish you all a great day, no leaks, no naughty cars, no drama, no trauma.
It's kind of raining here. Really more like a mist. I was able to cut the grass yesterday, so now it's getting watered. smile
I turned in my Graduation Review last night. I promise I will let you guys know when I hear. I love this site, you all know that, but, I want to say that in the short amount of time I've been back to BellaOnline, you guys have really embraced me and I appreciate that so very much.
Hugs for Everyone. (I actually hugged myself).
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 09/29/15 10:20 AM
And hugs to you too Chel!!! Life here at BellaOnline is much more fun because of you being here~!!

And I've already had my two cups of coffee - and it's not even 7:30am. I'll drink more water... then maybe some tea. Or Roma - it's a fake coffee, but I like it anyway wink
Good morning ladies,

Just a quicky before I drive the kids to school.

Deanna, yes car fixed - was the alternater and a loose belt $275 bucks worth.

Got a new coffee pot as the other was possessed $29 bucks worth.

Yesterday leak detection guys came with their listening devices. Leak somewhere underground in our bathroom...$275 bucks worth. Gonna have to have a channel dug out of our roof from the front of the house in the living room all the way across the living room, through the hallway and into the bathroom - keeping fingers crossed the adjuster today will say "yay, ok" and insurance will cover it.

Oh well, I'm happy I have a working coffee pot. lol..be back soon.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/01/15 09:56 AM
Good Morning Coffee Friends, and Happy October!!

I thought this gorgeous October morning called for a Pumpkin Spice Latte with a teeny bit of vanilla. Mmmmm......

It feels like yesterday was just such a busy day! I did a bunch of writing, and I'm making plans to travel to Phoenix at the beginning of November for a seminar. It's going to take a miracle to get there, but none-the-less, I'm shooting for it wink

I hope everyone has an amazing and wonderful day!!
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/01/15 11:24 AM
I'm not a coffee drinker, but good morning everybody anyhow. Usually it's tea in the morning, but today it was a delicious hot chocolate and croissant. A pumpkin spice latte sounds yummy, except I've never liked coffee. Makes me wish I did.

Michelle, I'm sure your graduation review will be just fine.

Allyson, oh dear frown about the water leak and everything that's needed to deal with it. Besides the $$$ (I hope your insurance covers it), ugh! the hassle and mess.

But I'm a bit concerned about this:
Quote:
Got a new coffee pot as the other was possessed $29 bucks worth.
Um. Your coffee pot was possessed?! Was buying a new one cheaper than an exorcism for the old one?
Good morning ladies,

Wow Deanna, your a busy woman lately. And Mona hot chocolate and a croissant sound delightful...and chuckles on the coffee pot saga.

Those of you who have a Payless Shoes store in your town should check out the $5.00 red tag deals. Me and Joe went there yesterday and bought Joe 2 pair of shoes and me and the girls snazzy flip flops (the thick good ones,) and only spent $25.00.
Hubby has a job interview today and he had no shoes, only sneakers...lol!
Hi you guys! I know it's late, I am sipping on hot apple cider.
Nope, I did not press the apples, I bought a box of apple cider packet mix at Kroger. Hmmmm . . . was there anything else . . . let me think.

OH YES!!!!
I graduated to Launch!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/02/15 05:17 AM
Graduated to launch! Congratulations, Michelle. I raise my tea cup to you!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/02/15 09:04 AM

Chel, I also raise a cuppa to you!! This morning's blend is Cafe Mocha Latte.

Allyson, shoe shopping is very much in our near future wink

Mona yes, the hot chocolate sounds delicious. I do say I love coffee, but you know, I could not be a coffee drinker without heavy cream and sweetener. Back before flavored creamers, when we just had milk and sugar (gasp) I'd add like 4 or 5 heaping spoons of sugar.

I am always amazed when I offer coffee to someone and they ask for it black. It takes me a moment to process that LOL!!!

Today my daughter and I are having a play date with some other homeschooling friends. A scary movie may be part of our day!

I hope you all have an amazing day!
Thank you guys! I have decided that as an editor in Launch - I should perhaps get a larger coffee cup!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/02/15 10:10 AM
I like big cups and I cannot lie!
Posted By: Alice - Weight Loss Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/02/15 10:19 AM
Congrats! I had no doubt you'd do fine, Chel.

Y'all are making me hungry with all this talk of flavored coffees, croissants, and goodies.

Happy Friday!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/02/15 10:29 AM
Alice, I am hungry too!! I haven't had breakfast just yet, and keep putting it off trying to get something done - then the forum grabs my attention LOL!!!! Must... get... off.... computer......
Good morning ladies,

I have no idea what I did to my new coffee pot when I timed it for the morning yesterday, but it was cold when I got up at 7:30 a.m. So - I made more! The other went in the fridge for iced coffee this afternoon.

I too toast my steaming cup to Michelle - well done! And Launch is just doing what you've been doing - writing great articles weekly.

I need breakfast too. I have a list of things on the computer to accomplish and can't start. Maybe breakfast will help.

Deanna - Which scary movie are you going to watch? I love scary movies (except vampire ones,) and it's been so long since they made a really great one!
Posted By: Alice - Weight Loss Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/02/15 12:19 PM
I have spent the better part of the morning stalking Deanna's website. whistle
Alice! I love it! I did the same thing before I contacted her!

Allyson - I love Iced Coffee as well! And thank you for the toast! Our coffee club made it so much fun and I feel like such a big part of BellaOnline because of you guys!

I am writing stuff in my notebooks to do. And yes, one of the things on my to do list is to write stuff to do in my to do notebooks!

Hugs!
Good morning ladies!

Am I the only one up and running around at 8 this morning. Well, it is Saturday - you deserve a sleep in. lol

Going to Laguna Beach this morning. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, so I didn't want to take a chance that I'd miss my fun. Okay, gotta go and rally the kids round. Talk to you later.

Have a great morning
Hi Allyson!
I am here! I am up!
I have my first cup of coffee about drained. It's rainy and windy here today, effects of the hurricane hitting the east coast. A good day to draw, write, do laundry, and watch Football!!!! I wish you a great day at the beach.
(And yes, I did snooze in a bit this morning)
Have a terrific day!
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/03/15 12:05 PM
Up? I was up, breakfasted, lunched, afternoon tead, took a walk through the park, did some food shopping, completed a "Deadly" Killer sudoku, did some research for an article and various other things . . . But I will admit that I had a bit of a head start on the rest of you - 8 hours for Allyson.
Mona! I am exhausted already just by reading your schedule!
You go girl!!!!!!!
And yes, there may be a bit of a time difference thing. smile
Yea, I'm used to Mona's schedule as my family are in England. I know when to post to her....beach was lovely this morning, a few tiny sand ants though....so annoying!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/06/15 10:39 AM
Good morning Coffee Friends smile

It's Tuesday morning, and I'm on my second cup of Cafe Mocha. It's a sweet start to the day.

I actually had a rough weekend (care giving management duties) and it's taken me longer than usual to recover. Not sure what that's about! But I have a great day planned ahead.

My daughter and I spiffed up the house yesterday, so today we are ready to decorate for fall. I have one errand I have to run later this morning, and so we'll do it after lunch. We are both excited!! I LOVE decorating the house!

We had a couple of days of rain - and that was SOOOOO nice! We may even have a bit of rain later today.

Anyway, I hope everyone has an amazing day!!
Good morning smile

Have to run off to school in a tick, but I'll be back. I LOVED the weather yesterday - perfect for me and hubby! We are finally having the leak fixed in the wall tomorrow - got it covered by insurance than the Lord!

I posted a new thread in Editors forum ladies re: my ebook. I'm excited!

Be back soon.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/06/15 01:11 PM
Oh excellent - I'll pop over to the Editor's forum too then laugh
Hi. Remember me? I kind of got a late start to the week and rumor has it it's almost over. Everything is fine, just those life chores can get in the way of other non life chores!
I hope you guys are doing good. I now have access to the Editor's Forum and I think I will take a spin through in the near feature! We can liven it up together.
Maxwell House on Brew Today.
Hugs
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/08/15 11:05 AM
Yes I remember you!! Chel, this week has just felt really off to me. My body feels like it's recovering, either from the flu, or migraine. Weird, right? I think it's just been the stress.

Honestly, it's been a nice break being without a car (flat tire) for two days - that meant I had a great reason to not be obligated to anything.

So, today is the first day I feel all the way back in my body (that's the only way I can describe it). So, I think I'll get something done smile

I'm teaching a class on intuition this Saturday, so I'll start prepping for that. I've taught it before, but I always like to add a little something just to keep it different smile

Coffee today is a mixed brew. I did not have enough sweet cream, so I added in a touch of pumpkin spice. Not quite one, nor the other, so it's, well, okay LOL!!! It's coffee, so I'll just be thankful!

I am SOOOO excited about NaNoWriMo!!

Chel, I know you're participating. Are you doing fiction or non-fiction??

I have a paranormal romance in mind smile

I hope everyone has an amazing day!
Good Morning!
Maxwell House and French Vanilla Creamer.
The sun is shining, it's a beautiful day and I think normal creative Chel has returned. She had been kidnapped by stressed, disorganized Chel who is now in the basement where she is supposed to be doing laundry. I don't hear a thing!
Yes, on NaNoWriMo. And awesome on your Saturday class. That is a neat topic.
For NaNoWriMo - Fiction - I will be working on a young adult novel titled "Nothing Street"!
The change of weather and the introduction of fall once again in my life always throws me a bit off of balance!
I hope all of you have a great day!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/08/15 11:17 AM
Oh weather changes throw me off too!!! In fact, I'll feel that shift, even though the weather looks the same - it feels different??? I'm like what?? SO I check barometric pressure, and it's usually rising. :::whew::: Okay. For the moment, I'm not losing my mind LOL!! I really think that in this wonderful "special time" of life where my body is right now, my hormones make me more sensitive.

UGH - enough about my hormones wink

Cheers (raising cuppa)
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/09/15 09:53 AM

I slept in today - 6am! WOW, that's crazy for me LOL!

Sadly I'm out of my favorite Sweet Cream coffee creamer, so I'm settling for Vanilla. It's okay, and at least I have some coffee with cream.

It's so funny to think that when I started drinking coffee, those fancy creamers hadn't even been invented. I drank coffee with milk and sugar LOL!!!

I have tires on my car today, so my car is happy, as am I, and I can run a few errands later.

This morning I think I'll just take it easy. I had a really powerful dream this morning, and I want to sit with it a while, see what it's trying to tell me.

I hope you all have a really wonderful day!
Hello from Ohio Dear Coffee Friends!
Maxwell House, French Vanilla Creamer, A Little Debbie Brownie With Candy Sprinkles!
Today is going to be a great day. I am going to finish up some projects and start some new projects. I am working my way through the launch courses for BellaOnline! I am still so honored and very happy to be here! As sappy as that may sound, I mean it!
It's a gloomy kind of Fall day in Columbus. And I hang my head slightly as I tell you that thus far into fall, we have had both the furnace and the air conditioner on.
I hope you all have a great day! A quick trip back to the coffee pot and I'm off to work.
Hugs
Good morning Deanna and Michelle,

So happy your car has tires again Deanna, I know that must have been a chunk of money - cars are not cheap to keep up.

And Michelle, we have been loving having A/C off for quite a few days, but today I think the windows and door will be closed - it's supposed to be 95F.

I've been trying to perfect an epub doc for my ebook, but it's so frustrating - I think I finally did it but going to the other sites now like Amazon etc are so confusing. Maybe if I start afresh this morning with a clear mind, I can do it! YES I can do it!!!!

Have a great day ladies if I don't hear from you again and a wonderful weekend
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/11/15 10:42 AM
Good Morning Coffee Friends XOXOXOXO

So though it's going to be in the upper 90s today, when I got up (5:30am) the first thing I did (after making a pot of coffee) was open all the windows. It's so lovely right now, and I am so happy and thankful for open windows!!! It'll cool down eventually.... smile

I am stocked up on sweet cream again - so having my regular morning Cafe Mocha :::mmmmmmmmm:::

Today I'm taking my aunt out to lunch, and then shopping at her favorite craft store. She's been super salty lately, and driving my caregiver out of her mind. I'm hoping a day out (in the heat, no less) will burn some of that saltiness right out of her LOL!!!

I was thinking of starting a NaNoWriMo thread in the editors forum, in the book writing section. I've signed up for NaNoWriMo several times, but never completed a book!! This year is MY year!!!

My son came home for the weekend, and we had dinner together last night - all four of us. It was such a great evening. I am doing so super great as a mom with a college student who has gone away to live at the dorms. I'm so proud of him, and I do miss him, but I LOVE that he's off on this adventure. He's a good kid, and I trust him, and know that this is so good for him.

So.... I guess I'll browse around the forums a bit more while I finish my coffee.

I hope everyone has a most excellent day XOXOXOX
Greetings Everyone!
Maxwell House on Tap!

Deanna - I wish you a good day - SALT FREE - with your Aunt.

Please start a NaNoWriMo thread! That would be awesome. I don't usually spend a lot of time in the NaNoWriMo forums when I'm writing there. I would on Bellaonline! I think there is actually a virtual group in Columbus, but I have never been. I would like to have a close knit group of buddies to write with and cyber is fine with me! I am browsing the forums and reading a picture book.

I love picture books! It's the illustration, the subject matter, the writing and the feel of the pages. Not all picture books these days have the same type of pages. Some even have fold-outs and pop-ups!!! (Way better than when I was a kid)

I wish everyone a great day. The sun is out again, I have a To-Do list I can manage! I got this!

Hugs!!!!
Good Afternoon my friends!

Oh boy did I sleep in today - but didn't go to bed until way early wee hours, so I'm excused.

Today I get a day off from cooking - going to the in-laws for dinner...it's always good Italian food with red wine on tap! lol

Didn't go to my beach, thought it would be a little too much heat for me today. Doc said not to - so I'd better listen.

Spent hours this week on my ebook, print book on Lulu. They don't make things easy, and I couldn't get to view my ebook that passed the epub file stage when I loaded it but it said to look at my Table of Contents - couldn't figure it out so I just pressed "Finish and Save". BTW Lisa's blog is awesome. I wouldn't have been able to get it done without her advice there...you should check out her site - lots of topics for us.

If it's not right it will bounce back with instructions, so it is what it is - and wasn't happy with their book cover tool either. Oh well.

Had all the walls patched back up after they fixed the leak this week. The water bill was $185 (its supposed to be $40) lol

Ok I feel like I'm babbling right now - and yes a Nanowrimo thread would be fab - I've never written a novel, but might just try. Have a wonderful Sunday everybody. x
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/11/15 03:24 PM
Allyson, I hope you've been successful in getting your book sort out. It sounds extremely frustrating. I think writing a book would be hard enough without adding in all the publishing rigmarole. (Oh, there's a nice word, I think I'll just switch over to another thread.)

Have a coffee. Or an iced tea if it's a hot day. (Any fresh mint for it.)
Allyson - sending you absolutely wonderful positive thoughts about your book! It's also great news to hear your leak was fixed. I hate stuff like that. It's hard and annoying at times with household things.

And look - Mona used rigmarole!!!!! I love it!

I posted in the NaNoWriMo thread. I am working on a Young Adult Novel titled Nothing Street this year.

That's awesome Michelle.

Holy Moly. The first house I really grew up in was Northampton Street...not giving the number of the street cos it's gonna be a novel in the future.

Just funny though, how our lives cross in some way or another. Pretty cool. Your title struck a nerve and inspired me. See how things come together?
Allyson - That is pretty cool. I love that street name. Northampton Street - it rolls off the tongue. The real name of the street in the book is Knotting Street, however my character, Peyton, HATES where she has been transported to and calls it Nothing Street. This came out of a statement I made one time in frustration. We live in a really cool old house south of downtown Columbus. This is one of those areas that is currently making a big turn around. We have had our issues with abandoned homes, violence, drugs, and yet, at the same time, an incredible feeling of community to turn this area back around. One day, I was just tired and it all seemed glum and a battle that we wouldn't win with redevelopment in the area. I actually said to Jeff, my husband, how did we end up on Nothing Street! The actual name of our street is Cline by the way, thus the title was born and Peyton's story will talk about the revitalization, hurdles, heart breaks, and hoorays of living in a community that seemed to be forgotten. I created this cover by using photos of buildings in our neighborhood with a piece of my own art, the swan type tall bird, and collaged them together. I am so excited for NaNoWriMo! And here I am, rambling again.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/12/15 09:28 AM
Good Morning Everyone, and Happy Monday smile

Oy, Allyson, it sounds like getting a book rolling is a lot more than I imagined it would be. I thought just writing it would be the hardest part. But there is SOOOOO much more to deal with. Yikes!!

Luckily, by the time I get to that point, you'll be a pro, and I can turn to you for tips smile XOXOX

Chel, your images are so flippen' delightful! You should share some on Facebook, and then I could share them too smile

And Mona, thank you for using that word: Rigmarole. I have to find a use for it today!!!

Well, a hot Cafe Mocha, on this not yet too hot day (of course, it's not quite 6:30am).

Oh, and my day out with my aunt yesterday was fabulous!!! I kept her so busy, it burned the saltiness right out of her! Her caregiver told me she was an angel for the rest of the day smile

I hope everyone has an awesome day!!

REALLY awesome!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/13/15 11:34 AM

So I woke up at 4:30am. Crazy, right? By 6:30am I'd had my two cups.

Mostly I've been lazy today - I actually watched an episode of "Reign" that I'd recorded. I just feel sort of blah - and needed that extra time to veg.

NOW I'm feeling more coherent, so think I may get an article written before I get my daughter up. We have HUGE plans today - we are watching the movie, "The Book of Life," and then having a discussion afterwards.

We were supposed to watch it yesterday, but I'd forgotten it was Columbus Day, and a holiday for school kids! So, we took a mini-holiday smile

Chel, have I told you how much I love your ebook covers? They look so freakin' amazing - and highly professional!! They really, really add that special something! I want to talk to you about designing a cover for my New Age book, "You Are a Lightworker," soon, okay laugh

Okay ladies, have an awesome day!
Good morning ladies, especially Deanna as you are the first up today! LOL

I'm a little blah today too, probably because I have my broncoscopy this morning at 10:30. This is the day I get the full blown flu from the after effects of the sedation medicine they give me. UGG!

So, this is probably as much writing I'll get done today and no cooking, so easy dinner for the family tonight. Which is already made as my husband made an awesome tomato basil bisque soup yesterday and threw some sliced up sausage into it. So totally stealing that recipe for my site...lol...he doesn't mind!

Have a great day and enjoy your movie Deanna.
Hi Guys!

Just a wee bit late today as this was article posting and newsletter day. Because of my OCD, it's hard to "Let It Go".

Oh great, now that song is in my head.

Deanna, thank you so much for your words and yes, we can do that. I hope you and your daughter have a great day!

Allyson, thank you letting me help with your ebook and I hope you feel better this evening. The tomato basil bisque soup sounds extra yummy. May I add Fritos to mine?

I wish you both a great day. I have penned an incredible to do list.
Alas, my handwriting is neat!
Well, it's 2:37, been home about 1 1/2 hours and still feeling ok. I took 2 tylenol before anything kicks in - who knows, maybe it'll keep it away.

And of course Chel, add Fritos to that one. I haven't even written that one up yet as we had it last night - I wanted to see what it was like the day after. He made enough for the whole street.LOL

Thanks for your editing on my ebook - you are great! When your ebook tab unlocks you have to sign up to be an ebook mentor. You are very thorough. smile
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/14/15 10:09 AM
Good Morning Ladies smile

Allyson, I hope you are feeling better from that broncoscopy. Along with sounding uncomfortably invasive, it's no fun to have to go without coffee, right? XOXOXOXOX

Ya, Chel would be great in the ebook department as a mentor - I think she should design book covers too - they are AMAZING! I just can't stop talking about her art.

Today just feels like the start to a good day. It's a wee bit cooler - I actually have the windows open, and the air conditioning hasn't come on all by itself yet LOL!!

Macy and I watched the movie "The Book of Life" yesterday, and talked about the idea of honoring the ancestors. Many years ago I created a collage of loved ones who have passed on. We sit it out every Halloween, and tell stories about the people and the pets on that collage.

The movie was sweet, and very colorful - very artistic!

Anyway, I do have some writing to do!! Once upon a time I was like 6 weeks ahead on articles, with two or three posting per week. Now I actually need to get one written HA HA!!!!

I hope you all have an amazing day!!! XOXOXOXO
Good Afternoon!

I am just now having my second cup of coffee. It's a day of organization for me. I am setting up lists, finishing some little projects and planning work on ones that are in progress.

Have a bit of down period with Jeff. This exact time last year is when we found the kidneys had failed and he went on dialysis. He is now on home dialysis at nights, feeling a better, we have a manageable schedule, AND HE HAS A BIG CASE OF BLUES.

Has anyone heard of this - Muscle memory is not a memory stored in your muscles, of course, but memories stored in your brain that are much like a cache of frequently enacted tasks for your muscles? I wonder if he is flashing back.

Thank you both to Allyson and Deanna for your wonderful words! Seriously, you have made me feel very good about what I'm doing and have both given me confidence to do more.

I want to write ahead as well. I am just starting the last course I have open at this time in Launch Stage 1, it's about Advertising. smile

Wishing you all a creative and fantastic day!!!
Good afternoon ladies,

Well, still feeling cruddy (a bit,) sort of achy still. However, I dropped the kids off at school and went to have coffee with my mother in law Camille (love her name!)

We went for dinner at her and Lou's house (my F-I-L) on Sunday, and me and her (or is it her and I) lol made a pact to have coffee together frequently (just us!) We never spend any time together...and I don't know how long she'll be here either. Over 5 years ago she was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer - she's had mega surgeries and many chemos and she has been cancer free for over a year. Amazing survival and an amazing lady!

Plus, I had great, strong Italian coffee (they are Italian) and homemade pumpkin bread...yummy! AND she gave me a bunch of jeans and little cute jackets AND a bottle of very expensive perfume...so YES coffee dates with Camille are going to be a regular occurrence.

Now, I'm the same as Deanna right now. Up until lately I kept looking at my YELLOW articles waiting in the wings and thinking I was GOOD for a while - and I look today and I have one waiting for the 18th for one site and zero for the other...what the heck happened. Then I thought, my ebook took up a bunch of time. So, it's right down to it for the next couple of days...I'm going to need that time off for the holidays.

Love ya guys, talk soon.!!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/14/15 02:28 PM
Hi Chel, I have definitely heard of anniversary blues - and since his life is so changed, it seems like the blues would be pretty normal? It's so good he's feeling better, but I'm so sorry to hear he's experiencing this at all.

You know, I worked as a massage therapist for over 20 years, and I would say that definitely muscle memory affects us. I used to be massaging, and the spot I would work on would cause my client to have a memory pop up, and they'd think it was totally random, but it has to do with muscle memory.

Wishing you a creative and fantastic day smile
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/14/15 02:29 PM
Aw Allyson, your visit with your MIL sounds so wonderful!! And how fun that she gave you those goodies!

And I'm still working on my article. I got side-tracked LOL!!!
Allyson, I love your mother-in-law's name as well. What a great surprise for you, and the treats sound yummy! I have become side-tracked from laundry and decided it will not run away over night, so I will do it tomorrow. I am going to do other stuff. Fun Stuff! Creative Stuff!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/14/15 04:36 PM
HA HA... so I have gotten NOTHING done today!!! I justify my over surfing the "net" as "well, I have to take my aunt to the docs in a bit, so I may as well just goof off!" HA HA.

Seriously, I need to get at that article - okay, as soon as I get back.

Meanwhile - I guess I have another 15 minutes to browse the forums - or maybe read some articles smile
I'm so happy that I'm not the only side-steppin-side-tracker! lol.

HOWEVER! I did get a recipe article finished and published, although not featured yet (it's a post ahead) and then got an email from LULU.com that my ebook file I submitted over a week ago had ISSUES. So I'll probably be working on that tonight and tomorrow. At least they gave me some tutorials on YouTube on how to do the fixin.

I have no idea what I'm doing-but I try! lol
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/14/15 11:26 PM
Okay... so I'll get my article written tomorrow laugh

And very cool that you could find a YouTube tutorial for your ebook stuff. I LOVE YouTube!
LOL, Okay - got Lisas help with my cover and I'm set to revise....TOMORROW!! lol
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/15/15 07:15 AM
Good Morning Coffee Friends! So yes, it's early, 4:09am here in Sunny??? So. Calif.

I've been up since 3am though! Oy!

A Rumi poem comes to mind:

The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell,
don't go back to sleep.
You must ask for what you really want,
don't go back to sleep.
People are going back and forth across the doorsill,
where the two worlds touch.
The door is round and open,
don't go back to sleep.

So, I have two hours before my hubby gets up - I want to complete my article before that, just so I can say I did smile

Allyson, YAY on ebook cover help!!! And thanks for that reminder for all those tips on her blog! I've read them before, and thought they were super helpful. I just need to remember to go back there and read more laugh

I hope everyone has a great day!
My goodness!

I remember those days in catering, sometimes I stayed up all night and got 2 hours sleep as well. lol

Well, did you finish your article?

Ok, so I went to bed early because my docs appt. always kicks my butt. Had trouble with the cover image for my ebook so I saw Lisa on messenger and just had to bend her ear - she's always so busy writing herself I hate to bother her - but something told me go ahead. She gave me some pointers and looked at my book and thought it was a great book and laid out nice. That made me cry because of all of the work I did on it. So after this I'm a tweaking one or two little things and emailing Tina to put it LIVE TODAY!!

Then I got an email from Lulu.com that my REAL BOOK - remember those things we used to hold that have pages, is on its way for me to proof read before that gets released. Then I have to fix the ebook for the internet ireaders world.

Those are my goals for today as well as writing another article ahead for my other site if poss.
Oh I forgot!

I saw your numerology post and it gave me chills.

I had the most vivid dream last night. I know that you know our house burned in Brooklyn. Well, my F-I-Law owns it and they are now in the process of remodelling. My husband started to show me pics when all our stuff was still in the house all piled in heaps and it made me cry - and couldn't look at any more.

Well in my dream, I was traveling down 60th street in Brooklyn and saw the house - I went past it, and it look semi-new. Next, I was inside the house but each room I wandered through there were piles of stuff scattered - until I got to another room and my three cats that passed away in that house were there. They were all laying around, snoozing in front of a warm room that had a built in wall fire. There was also another cat laying with one of them that was a kitten and reminded me of my cat from a few years ago - but this was a baby.

Then I was outside sitting in my bed watching people go by and I wanted to leave - but I couldn't. Then right next to me there was a line of children going up some steps, dressed in coats and there was a young man picking their pockets. He started to leave and I finally woke up.

I have never had such a vivid dream like this before - it wasn't scary and I never felt sad throughout - I feel happy this morning.

What do you think that means?
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/15/15 01:14 PM
Allyson, first off, congratulations on your book adventures and the happy outcomes smile

As for the dream, I'd start off with cutting and pasting into a word doc what you posted here, along with any other details you can remember.

Then go through it again, slowly, and write down all the accompanying feelings that you experienced.

You went through something pretty traumatic, so I think that your feelings around the different parts of the dream will tell you a lot about it.
Good Morning Ladies - Wait, it's afternoon!

Allyson - what great news about your book! That is awesome! LIVE TODAY!!!!!
I am doing house stuff and creative stuff in intervals.
The sun is out and I have a bit of energy.

Deanna, you were an early bird. I woke up at 5:30 and then feel back to sleep deciding on whether or not I was going to get up. smile

Hugs!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/17/15 11:19 AM

Happy Saturday. Today I found myself totally out of coffee creamer, but I really wanted coffee! Since I'm not one to drink it black, I added some of my daughter's hot cocoa/caramel mix. Oy!! It's really good.

I never did get my article written, but I did have a book review ready to go. I LOVE when that happens.

My son came home last night because he has a catering gig this morning. I am looking forward to tonight when he gets home! I think we'll do something fun for dinner.

As for today, I may take my aunt out to lunch, but I definitely see a scary movie in my future smile

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Good Morning (Nearing Afternoon in Ohio) Coffee Crew!

Oh my! Deanna, that does sound good. I wonder if I can add my cocoa mix - it's milk chocolate! Yummy.

I started the day, and it continues, with a great attitude. I am cleaning the house, working on an illustrated page about Homework Help at the Library, and I'm also being happy.

I hope you guys have a great dinner out, and go ahead and scare yourself!

I wish everyone a groovy creative and super Saturday!
Ha! I just snook in - it's 11:48 in So.Cal smile

Well, yesterday kids walked up to grandma and grandpas and ate pizza with them, while dad and I enjoyed our Mexican Shrimp Scampi and rice with tortillas on the side - in peace! Was so nice!

So, today we are going to grandma and grandpas for dinner - they are making Veal Parmesan the only way they know how - the Italian way!

And we found some cute little kittens in the Recycler, and one is black just like the one I lost - waiting for another email on checking that out tomorrow.

I really want to go to the beach tomorrow - but my mother in law makes me drink too much red wine when we go over there! lol

Have a great Saturday my friends - later!
Hi Allyson!

I vote for the Mexican Shrimp Scamp and rice. Yummy!

And you know what- your mother in law rocks!!!!!!
Chel, yea she does! Yum - can't wait!
Ok, the lady has the little black kitty still. Been communicating all morning and made arrangements to see tomorrow morning. I asked for her address and I haven't had a reply yet - it's been over an hour...lol...sheesh!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/17/15 06:40 PM
Oh Allyson, I agree with Chel, your M-I-L rocks!

And what excitement about that kitty. I hope you get it.

I, myself, would love a puppy - a blue merle, mini Australian Shepherd. I JUST want one so much!!!

Oh all that food sounds so good!!!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/18/15 12:48 PM

Today I slept in SOOOOOO late!! 7am! HA HA!!

Then I ran to the store to buy coffee creamer - we were totally out!! In my home, between the four of us, we have four different creamers. I drink half and half with sweet cream coffee creamer. My son (who is home for the weekend) drinks the same. My daughter drinks Peppermint Mocha. My husband, old fashioned vanilla. And we were out of ALL of them.

While I was in line at the store, a sweet gentlemen behind me said I had the most beautiful smile! It made my day - especially since I'd forgotten to brush my hair (I was just in such a hurry for that coffee creamer LOL).

Right now my hubby is making a big breakfast - biscuits, gravy, hashbrowns, sausage, eggs - it's the works!!

So, I'll probably be in a food stupor for a little while this morning HA HA!!

Happy Sunday!
Good morning Deanna,

That's a cute story about the creamer and the customer. smile Hubby and I are leaving in a few minutes to pick up the little black kitty for the kids. They are going to be soooooo happy.

Dinner at m-i-laws was excellent. She sent us home with tons of macaroni with meat sauce. There's half of dinner for tonight. lol

Biscuits and gravy from scratch? Yum - or pillsbury? lol My husband keeps harping on me to make them - maybe I'll try those this week.

Ok, I'm getting hungry talking about food. Think I'll leave now and get the kitten. So excited!! Enjoy your Sunday - later!
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/18/15 03:32 PM
Allyson, you've got a black kitten! How wonderful! I love black cats - and, of course, all kinds of kittens. I was so sorry about your cats in New York. That was very sad. (In a village in North Wales, we lost three cats to cars, but it was over a number of years. You'd have thought we lived on a major road!) I'm sure the girls will be thrilled.

With regard to biscuits (not cookies, as biscuits are in Britain), baking powder biscuits are pretty easy to make. I used to - and we're talking a lo-o-o-ng time ago now - find all the Pillsbury stuff was the same, except for the shape.
Yes Mona, He's sooooooo small. He was such a good boy in the car and in the pet store. lol.. The girls were thrilled - one of them and dad started crying. Precious moments - it's the longest time we have been without a pet in our home - it was overwhelming a little to say the least. Happy times again. He's actually a Manx cat.
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/18/15 04:17 PM
Oh, the little sweetie. I've never known a Manx cat, though we had one that was so careless I'm surprised he didn't end up looking like one! Has the family decided on a name yet?
No name yet - I already put my 2 cents in and suggested Bob! LOL
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/18/15 09:45 PM
Oh Allyson, wonderful on the wee kitty! Are you still voting on kitty names?

Our biscuits came from the Staters' bakery - they were buttermilk. The gravy was home made though - mmmmmmm....

I have a recipe for home made biscuits, but they take a while to bake. We usually do them for Thanksgiving smile
Yes, so far we all like Baby Boo!
Posted By: Alice - Weight Loss Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/19/15 07:50 AM
Baby Boo? I really liked BOB. Maybe it can be your secret name for the kitty. wink
Posted By: Alice - Weight Loss Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/19/15 07:52 AM
Biscuits and Gravy ... YUM!

Hold on!!! I'll be right there!
Alice, he's black and it's almost Halloween - BOO! LOL
Posted By: Alice - Weight Loss Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/20/15 06:10 AM
Good Morning!

It's almost that time - time to make lunches and send husband and son off to work and school.

I'm enjoying the quiet of the morning (well I was enjoying it BEFORE my father started meowing at the cat a few minutes ago).

It'll be another busy day here in NY - at least the temps are temporarily rising (surprise snow flurries last Sunday) ...

I find myself longing for the days when life slows its pace a little. I'm craving time to just sit - reflect, reboot, and redirect.
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/20/15 06:39 AM
Good afternoon. It's lunchtime in Norway, and I'm somewhere between Trondheim and Bergen. And from there flights to Oslo and then on to London.

It's a sort of strange limbo time. Had to be out of the cabin at 10.00, so feeling homeless. But it's a relaxing time too, no obligations or appointments, and the Wifi is working well so a chance to pop onto the forum, see what the family is up to, and look at pictures for my next article. On the flights I'll just read a book.

Snow flurries, Alice? It's not even Halloween yet! We had some snow several days ago, but were within the Arctic Circle, so no surprise. Some of the snow we see is left over from last winter, but the mountains had a fresh dusting too.
Good Morning!
It's 11:32 am in Columbus, Ohio.
I have been organizing the house, writing, and getting ready for a visit from my friend who is coming in this weekend from Virginia! The sun is out, I am safe, loved, and happy. Just a little crazy busy!
I wish you all a great day!
Chel
Good morning/afternoon ladies!

It's 9:25 in sunny southern California. Our newest member of our family is finding his wobbly feet really fast and playing with anything he sees...cute little fella!

My ebook EPUB version finally got fixed with the help of a guy from Lulu.com and has been distributed to all the big guys like Amazon, Apple, Barnes & Noble and Kobo - just waiting until it shows up in a couple of days - was super excited about that! Now I can move on to other projects and keep marketing that one.

Have to, HAVE TO, get my articles done and written ahead today - want to have a clear run for Nannowrimo.

Need more coffee before I start, so have a wonderful day everybody and I'll talk soon.
Posted By: Alice - Weight Loss Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/21/15 07:00 AM
They are predicting a beautiful day here in NY - temps expected to rise into the low 70s. YAY!

Sipping on coffee (the regular variety - I can't drink all the flavored coffees or creamers ... BUMMER) - and checking in with friends and family.

No matter where I am in life, y'all have been my constants - and for that, I am eternally grateful.

Today is another busy day ... work, paperwork, research (reading a book on microfilm from 1640s), bills ...

It is my intention to clear out the upstairs of all clothes tonight.

Happy Wednesday, y'all!
Good morning Alice,

It's a quiet coffee morning here today. Had to stop off after dropping the kids off at school for milk - there was like 1 tablespoon left in the refrigerator..lol...gotta have my coffee with milk and sugar.

I received the proof copy of my book yesterday and so today I'm going to proof read it. It looks pretty good except for a few page breaks where the title of the next recipe is on the bottom of a page.

It's beautiful in Cali here right now. It totally feels like an Autumn day. The air is cool and crisp and the sunshine makes everything look bright and beautiful.

Have a wonderful day!
Posted By: Cat - Meditation Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/22/15 06:42 AM
Morning from UK! Ive been adding a new element to my coffee recently.

Been hearing the benefits of turmeric for our health so decided to make a batch - of turmeric paste or golden paste as it is sometimes called -up and give it a try.

A friend introduced it to me and told me she puts it in her coffee! I thought she must be mad! The paste consists of turmeric, coconut oil an d other things that you would never think about adding to your coffee.

She insisted how nice it is so I gave it a try - against all my instincts - and wow its not as bad as you would imagine. Now I'm hooked!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/22/15 02:47 PM
Good Morning Coffee Friends!

Tracy, the tumeric in your coffee sounds, well, weird LOL! I'm currently trying it in a gentler supplement version - I've heard it can aggravate gallstones, and since I'm currently doing a gentle liver cleanse, thought I'd wait on the tumeric for a bit.

Allyson, I love the name Baby Boo. I was even thinking that if I were to get my super cute, adorable mini australian shepherd (blue merle) in the near future, I'd call him Boo LOL!!!

And isn't it super beautiful here in So. California. WOW, I am loving this weather. Perfect for leaving all the windows open.

Alice, you are reading a book from the 1600s?? That is amazing! And I admire your commitment to clearing space. I've been clearing a bit at a time. I have one of those jewelry boxes that stands on its own, and it was covered with books!!! Like two feet tall LOL!! That is all clear, and the books are put away :::whew:::

I'm really longing for some reflecting time too. A couple of days ago I was under the weather, then yesterday I had to do some running around. Today I really need to get some ad copy written because I'm self employed, and my services aren't going to sell themselves.

Mona, I'm guessing you've been home for a couple of days now? I hope you had a wonderful trip.

Chel, have a blast with your friend - that is so cool she's coming for a visit. And I have been loving seeing your illustrations on your facebook page!!

Okay ladies, I guess I should get some writing done. Allyson, I'm also trying to get ahead for the NaNoWriMo - especially cuz I'll be in Arizona for 7 days!! Oy - I plan on bringing my computer, and trying to continue to write - we'll see how that goes HA HA!!!

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful, wonderful day!!!!
Posted By: Cat - Meditation Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/23/15 07:08 AM
Ha ha! Yes Deanna I know right! I'm just drinking my turmeric coffee at the moment. Hope the liver cleanse is going well and you have a good trip to Arizona. I've only been to South America (Lima & Macchu Picchu) never been to America though Arizona is one of the places I've always fancied going too. And Florida of course smile Hope you have a great day!
I cook with turmeric often - mostly in curries or if I want something to turn yellow - it is very mild to taste but great for you - and beware it stains your counters pretty nicely! lol
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/24/15 08:50 AM
Tracy, there's a town called Sedona in Arizona, and we plan on spending a day there. New agey folks are drawn there in droves! It's surrounded by stunning red rocks. I'll be taking a lot of pictures while I'm there, and posting them all over my facebook page LOL!!!

Macchu Picchu is on my list of top ten places I'd like to visit - with #1 being Great Britain!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/24/15 09:01 AM
Good Morning Coffee Friends, and Happy Saturday!!

On this lovely morning I'm drinking a Cafe Mocha, prepared with baking cocoa and sweet cream coffee creamer/plain creamer. It feels very fall-like because I'm drinking it out of a giant orange cup with autumn leaves all around it.

So yesterday I got a massage!!! And oy did I ever need it. I'm a retired massage therapist, and I used to always tell people to get a massage on a regular basis - once a week is awesome, but every other week, or once a month is good! Me? I was never very regular about receiving them - it just felt like life was too busy LOL!! I'm really changing my mind about that now.

Later my kids and I are bringing some spice cake over to my mom and aunt's, and will have a little visit. My son has to work this afternoon, but he'll be back later tonight - so I'll get to see him later - and for breakfast tomorrow too before he heads back to school!

My daughter and I plan on recovering from our busy day yesterday of running around. I still need to get an article written - yikes!

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
Posted By: Cat - Meditation Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/25/15 01:42 PM
Hi Deanna, Yes Sedona is a place I would love to visit smile Where are you in the US? In in a great part of the UK. In the Midlands, central for Stratford Upon Avon, Warwick Castle, Oxford, the Cotswolds and handy for London. Lots of people use this area as a base when travelling in the UK.

I remembered after I posted my message that I've been to New York too :)I have a friend in Lima so I went to see her and we travelled around for a month. Machu Picchu is definitely worth going too
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/25/15 06:43 PM
Hi Tracy, I am in the Southwest of California. I'm about 50 miles from the ocean, and about 90 miles from Mexico smile

I love the location because I'm close to the mountains, desert, and ocean. Whatever fits my mood LOL!!!

I've felt such a pull to visit England! I'd especially LOVE to see Stonehenge (what new agey gal wouldn't, right?), and then of course Glastenbury. But mostly I think I'd just love to stand on a high cliff overlooking the ocean smile
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/25/15 06:54 PM
Happy Sunday night everybody. It's nearly bedtime, in fact feels later since we just turned the clocks back. And I'd already turned the clock back an hour on Tuesday after getting back from Norway. I'm pretty confused about what day it is and what time it is. Obviously, one hour's difference isn't going to cause much jet lag, but traveling really confuses my internal clock and calendar.

Although I don't drink coffee, some of your concoctions sound so good I wish I did. But I think I won't give up my tea. And I'm having some difficulty imagining the effect of turmeric on coffee. I've put it in curries, but wonder what it does for coffee. Oddly, I'm not even sure - except for the color - what it does for curry, let alone coffee.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/25/15 07:58 PM
Mona, traveling confuses my body and clock too - even if I don't leave the time zone LOL!!!
Good Evening Coffee Friends!!!!
Hot Chocolate and (3) of the Big Marshmallows in my cup tonight.
I had a friend visit for the weekend. We had so much fun. It was sad to see her leave. Alas, back to the real world. I have been in a little of a funk today. I had worked so hard last week cleaning, organizing and getting things ready for her visit. It seemed like it was over in a flash.

I am excited to start the week with a positive mind and a creative to do list. Have a few errands to run, but my focus is writing and art. I have missed you all!

Chel
Missed you too Chel. Back at it after the weeks fun. 7 more days to get things in order for Nanowrimo! Eeek!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/26/15 10:08 AM

What a beautiful autumn like morning here in Southern California! I even put on slippers this morning because my feet were cold smile

Allyson, how is your new kitty adjusting?

And Chel, I know about that friend-leaving funk. It's just so lovely to have them around huh!!

I feel like I got a lot done this weekend. I wrote ahead a couple of articles - so now I just need one more, and I'm done for November YAY!

I'm still thinking about what I'll do today. Guess I should go grab my "to do" notebook and start putting things in order.

I hope everyone has a great morning smile
Yes Deanna it is a little nippy around the flip flops this morning in So.Cal. After dropping the kids off I came home and put socks on...lol...need them cos I have tile floors...brrr!

Kitty is doing well - he's so little but he found his feet and is so loving and adorable. He's a Manx and has no tail, so his back legs are like rabbit legs, so he hops around instead of walking - it's so cute!

And yes! I need just 2 more articles - being done today for Nov.

My mother in law gave me a ton of pineapple guavas (she has a tree) because she didn't know what to do with them, so I'm going to make Guava jelly. Went to Stater Bros. for a candy thermometer and when I arrived home, I realized I didn't have any mason jars - lol - they are all in Brooklyn! So I'm off to Target in a min.

It's a beautiful day out today - having a new water heater put in and a new security screens on the sliding door and front door - that way we can open the doors and not be afraid to lose the kitty through the shoddy screens we have right now....busy day today - enjoy yours!
Hi Guys! Afternoon Coffee Break. I'm working on an article to post about Gossip! It's one of several I want to write for my site about this topic.

I am feeling much less blue today, and I missed messaging with all of you this past weekend.

I am so very grateful for our new friendships.

I am a strange writer, I write for a bit, and do other things for a bit, and go back to writing. I clean or do some dialysis chores in between. I'm very excited about NaNoWriMo as well!

Allyson, I am also so excited about your new black kitty. I need to check your Facebook page for pix. I wasn't on Facebook much this weekend.

Also, Deanna thank you for your wonderful comment in the forum about my Halloween article. I appreciate that so very much. I plan to catch up on my forum posting this week.

Hugs and Coffee!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/26/15 02:56 PM
Time for my coffee break too... minus the coffee - drinking water instead.

So my morning took a turn LOL!

My bathroom flooded, just weirdness. Cleaning up, I hurt my back carrying a basket full of soaking wet towels. I finally get it all cleaned up - mopped - I get cleaned up, and I sit down to enjoy my second cuppa - and then I spilled it LOL.

Now I'm too tired to concentrate on writing HA HA!!! Ugh! That's okay. I may knit, and watch a couple of shows on ghosts and hauntings wink

Allyson, the pineapple guavas sounds fun!!!

Chel, I'm grateful too smile XOXOXOX
Allyson, I agree with Deanna, the guavas sound fun and yummy. We have hardwood floors, so I understand about socks!!!!

Deanna, I am sorry to hear about your flood. Unexpected household oops and oddities are never fun! And wet towels are heavy. I hope you are feeling better.

I had to take a break from my article. I was writing in panic mode, and I need to breath.

I also need some chicken noodle soup and a hotdog with mustard. Maybe a couple of Fritos.
Wow, we all seem to be up and down today! lol..Me too! I cannot concentrate on writing at all, and I had great intentions today. However, I have my juice from the cooked down guavas in the fridge chilling before straining AND I started a red meat gravy (you know - the Italian one that goes with pasta) simmering on the stove. Screen is replaced and now waiting for the boiler.

Stopping off at Hobby Lobby after school with the kids to get face paint/make up for Halloween.

Deanna, I feel for you with the flood thing - I've had a few of those, and wet towels are HEAVY!
Whew, no coffee, just a chocolate protein drink.
I am about to finally let my article go.
Wow, what a distracting day.
I think I'm still recovering from too much weekend fun!
I wish you all a great night!
Talk to you tomorrow!
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/27/15 04:45 AM
Good morning, everybody. I hope you're sleeping peacefully - I guess Tracy may be up - but it's morning here. I'm not an early riser, but we've just turned the clocks back and I feel as though I'm having a lazy morning and it's not even nine o'clock yet!

Fortunately, no floods in the bathroom. Deanna, what happened there? Have you needed a plumber to come in? (If so, good luck with that.)

With traveling I managed to get behind on my writing. I'm trying to get back to submitting an article on Wednesdays, but I can't seem to do that. And I certainly didn't manage to get ahead. I'm impressed that you guys are going to do NaNoWriMo, but I realized some time ago that I don't actually want to write a novel. I'll look forward to hearing what you all do.

But speaking of books, Allyson, I haven't congratulated you your book. Any more hurdles to jump or is it now ok? Oh, except when it is, there is the promotion.

Michelle, too much fun? Great idea, love it. But is that a bad thing that you then needed to skip the coffee? I must say chocolate always sounds good to me. And tea always makes my day better!

Time to go. I have an appointment this morning and will walk from the clinic through the grounds of a stately home that has a garden center and very nice cafe. They will still be serving breakfast if I don't dawdle. And always serves delicious scones, so there's a backup.

And when you're all finally up and about, I will be sitting at my desk and writing! . . . As long as I don't get distracted.
Good Morning! Coffee to my right, two dogs at my feet, one cat on the desk, the other in a basket behind my desk. We are getting ready for Jeff's regular doctor's appointment. Just a check-up.

Mona, I have been trying to get ahead of my articles as well. Maybe it's a matter of trying too hard. I think I will take a deep breath and try once again. smile

Your walk to the clinic sounds wonderful! And now, I want a scone!

Allyson, Alice, and Deanna, I also wish you all a great day! No floods, No Bumps, No Bruises, and lots of writing!
Good morning or afternoon wherever you are!

It's a beautiful morning in So.Cal, seems finally like Autumn. Well, I strained my guavas last night and chilled the juice - now I'm sterilizing my jars and then need to go to the farmers market and buy lime juice for the recipe. I actually added a few apples to the guavas. I thought that might give it a nice flavor. This is my first canning project ever, so I'm hoping it turns out great. I've always wanted to do this - oh, and my father-in-law is giving me his canning pot and jars from the attic - woop!

I went to the garden center yesterday too. Joe bought this great rosemary plant and the pot was too small, so of course I ended up getting other things..lol..I found sage and this herb I've never used before - it's called German Thyme. It looks like regular thyme only the leaves are a little bigger and it smells a little like anise (licorice). It's awesome - so I have to plant those too in my pots when I get back.

Ok, going to turn off my jars that just filled the house with steam and head off to Sprouts (farmers market). I'll keep you posted on the jelly - so excited - I hope it tastes good.

Have a great morning all. smile
I am excited to hear about your jelly!
It sounds like you had a very "natural" type of day!

Jeff's appointment with the doctor went well. It is gloomy and raining here, a good day to read. I have to get organized before NaNoWriMo! I simply must!

Have a great evening, all!

Chel
(Oh my, can I add any more exclamation marks to the above message.?)
Hey chickies!

Ok, Chel I totally understand...organize, organize, organize...yea ok then...lol

Glad your brothers appt. went well. It must be stressful!

My jelly I think may be a flop. Unless it turns to jelly overnight on the counter - it's a flop. Can't understand. I looked up 3 recipes to make jelly, looked up techniques for canning the same and the boiling point (bought a therm.) and did it all right. BUT, my caps all sucked down and you can't get them off! lol...well at least I know that one part of what I did worked.

Wish I knew a canning person...wondering if I can re-boil the juice with the sugar and lime juice in it and add pectin. Going to m-i-laws for coffee 8:30 a.m. so I'll pick her brain on that.

See you in the a.m. ladies!

Have a good night.
I feel like I'm talking like a runaway train! lol
lol Chel. Do yo know how many times I delete my exclamation marks from text in the forum...lol..
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/28/15 10:37 AM

Wow! We've been a busy group, writing, shopping, cooking, appointments, and all.

I plan on doing all of those today LOL!

My bathroom is doing very well - and of course, it's super sparkly clean LOL!! And my back is finally feeling better. I am very happy about that smile

Today I'm taking my aunt to the doctor's and then I think we'll hit Hobby Lobby on the way home, and get lunch. That will make her day a very full day, she'll get to spend some money, and get all the attention from me that she wants. And that will make her much more amiable at home LOL!!!

Yesterday my hubby and I celebrated our 25 year wedding anniversary! He took the day off, and we had such a nice day together. We met when I was 20 and he was 24. We've been together over half our lives!

I did get some writing done yesterday too - I wrote a blog for my personal website, and got a couple of newsletters out - so that made me feel good.

I guess I'll get to it. I've got 2 1/2 hours to myself before I go get my aunt.

I hope everyone has a great day!!! XOXOXOX
Wow, that's a long time - Happy anniversary you too. I hope you have many more together. My in laws are having a party in Jan. to celebrate 50 years and my mum and dad already did that 6 years ago.

Love rocks!
You know what - LOVE DOES ROCK!!!!
It absolutely does.
I am going to love myself right this moment with a nap and some new library books!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Those are for Allyson!)
ALRIGHT!! LOL
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/28/15 06:07 PM
Deanna, congratulations on your silver wedding anniversary. Having a day together sounds like a lovely way to celebrate.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/29/15 09:49 AM
HA HA, Yes! Love does Rock! !!!

!!!!

And OMGosh Chel, I LOVE to nap with books too. Well, I don't really nap. I just read.

!!!
I love the library.
Did you know that?
It's like shopping!!!!!!
And Good Morning Everyone!
I am up drawing and getting things set for NaNoWriMo.
Wouldn't you know it, the 2-hour premiere of "The Librarians" is on Sunday night!
I will have to write early.
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/29/15 11:31 AM
My coffee-drinking friends, coffee seems to be the latest thing-that-is-good-for-you! Nice article about coffee benefits. In fact, there seem to be so many benefits listed, the skeptic in me is doing a bit of eye-rolling. (Scientific studies are often not accurately reported. They are also sometimes not very well done. But I won't get started on that.)
Posted By: BB -Body Care Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/29/15 11:59 AM
I like to start my day with a fresh brewed cup of coffee. I also like the idea that coffee is actually beneficial to your health.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/29/15 12:19 PM
Chel, I want to find the "Librarians" on Netflix, and start watching it!

HA HA Mona, I know what you mean wink And BB, WELCOME to our coffee chat smile Yes, I love the idea that coffee may be beneficial too smile

Happy brew everyone smile
Afternoon ladies,

Checking in rather late today, as I stayed up rather late last night! lol

Well, I'm happy to hear that coffee is beneficial to our health, because I drink so much of it.

Have a great day everybody!
Posted By: Alice - Weight Loss Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/30/15 05:09 AM
Ohhh jelly sounds fantastic ...

Going to make more spaghetti sauce today from the last of the garden tomatoes. We have two doctor's appointments today and I have some paperwork that needs to be addressed.

I'm considering my 2015 goals and how to develop a strategy for an impressive finally to a very challenging year (not that the challenges will suddenly disappear and the heavens will open up at the stroke of midnight January 1, 2016 ... but ya know, wrap it up into a rewarding ending).
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 10/30/15 11:25 AM

Yes, jelly sounds fantastic!

And Alice, I know what you mean - I'd like to wrap up the year in a way so that I feel pleased about my accomplishments, and have a good, steady plan for 2016.

Though it would be nice if the heavens just did open up and fix things HA HA!!

I got an article written this morning on spirit guides. I really enjoy my work as a psychic, and spirit guides are one of the things my clients love to talk about the most. So I felt so happy to finally get this article written LOL!!

And I hope to promote my spirit guide readings with it!

So on deck for today is going to my mom and aunt's, then I'm getting my hair done! I want to get some new pictures done so I can update my website, and you know, the hair has to be great for new pictures LOL!!

My son will be coming home later to play his drums HA HA!! Which means I'll get to see him for a bit.

Yesterday I accomplished 10,000 steps!! I am so pleased! And tired LOL!!

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day!
The time changes this weekend, and we still have a bit of year to complete.
I love Alice's attitude about finishing the year on the upside. Sometimes, I tend to stop about this time of year and convince myself that I will start the new year off with a bang and things will be oh so different.
I am going to steal a page out of Alice's book and look at these next two months differently.
I am working on an art project today, making sure my pencils are in a row for NaNoWriMo and work a little more on my House Organization Projects.
I hope everyone has a good day and I'm jumping ahead and wishing you a wonderful weekend as well.

Chel
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 11/01/15 10:48 AM

So I ended up sleeping in till almost 6am (the old 7am) because at 12:30 last night my son calls because his car battery is dead. The call wakes me out of a dead sleep - and then I'm awake for the next couple of hours. HOwever, that did mean I got to watch my phone turn from 1:59am to 1:00am HA HA!! So, for once, I was awake and alert as the time changed.

And today is Day #1 of NaNoWriMo, and Chel, though I don't use any pencils, metaphorically, they are ready to roll wink

Mmmmm.... this coffee is just extra amazing this morning laugh

Have a GREAT day everyone! XOXOXOXO
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 11/01/15 12:34 PM
I hope all of you in the USA enjoyed your extra hour this Sunday morning. And to everyone who is having a go at NaNoWriMo, good for you. I'm going to pass on that, so I'll be your cheerleader. Rah! Rah! Rah!

Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 11/01/15 01:35 PM
Mona, I AM enjoying this extra hour LOL!!!

And thanks for the cheers!!! I hope you are having a great day!
Mona!!!!
Thank you so much for the cheer!!!
And yes, I also enjoyed my extra hour. I actually watched my cell phone change back an hour. I know, my life is oh so exciting. smile

Yip! Deanna, I just read that you did the same thing!!!!!!

Cool.
Thanks Mona for the Cheer. Nice lazy day today I feel.
Coffee friends, glad to see you're saving your writing for your novels. Good on ya. Here are some fireworks left over from Guy Fawkes night to cheer you on. 25 more days in November.

Hi Mona!!!
Thank you for the fireworks. They are much appreciated and needed. November has turned out to be a big project month for me and I am actually struggling a bit to get to my self-imposed finish line!
I hope you are having a nice weekend!
Chel

Mona, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the fireworks!

So I am back from my week long journey to Phoenix, Arizona. My daughter went with me, and we stayed with friends the first two days while I attended a seminar on energetic mastery smile Yes, it was as exciting as that sounds!

The rest of our trip, we stayed with friends at the other end of town. One day, we even went to Sedona - which truly is a new age fest gone wild!

So these friends of our introduced us to the Kuerig Coffee make - you put in a single wee container, and it brews one cup. OMGosh was it ever delicious, but I figured our monthly coffee bill would increased by about 5 times what it is now. Hmmmm.....

Anyway, I went for over a week without writing. But it was for a good cause. I may or may not get my novel done this month - and whatever is good smile I'll get to spend some time with it today, and I'm looking forward to that.

I hope everyone's November is off to a great start!! I'm having a hard time believing it's nearly half over??? What????
Good Morning!!!

Who is going to be on chat tonight? As of now, I think I can make it.

I am also dumbfounded that November is getting near the half way mark. Goodness, wasn't the Fourth of July just last weekend! The weather here is very much in fall mode and beautiful.

I am cleaning, writing, drawing, and reading. In no particular order!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!!

I love the autumn colors - such a beautiful palette, but I probably wouldn't do my hair in the colors. The fall color is fading here as the leaves drop (or get blown) off the trees. But then November is over one-third finished. Only 19 more days. Good wishes to those who are working on a novel and for all your other endeavors.

Alas, Michelle, I won't be chatting with fellow editors this evening. I will soon be tucked up in bed.
I like to go to the chats, but it was hubby's bday dinner, and my boy just left to go back to the dorms. So next time laugh
Hope your hubby had a great birthday, but we missed you. It was only me and Lisa for most of the time. Out of 400 editors.
And Mona, love the graphics there of the Autumn leaves. The whole thing reminded me of the lovely British model TWIGGY! It just did.
Hi guys! Good Morning. I'm sorry I didn't click in last night, Allyson, I had my hands full with some unexpected Dialysis Chores for my hubby! Nine is about the time I start setting things up for his overnight exchanges. I thought I could breeze right through, but it just didn't fall into place last night.

Anyway, I am sitting here with coffee, contemplating the brisk and sometimes high winds we are getting this morning. I am also trying to organize my day. I was on such a roll with keeping a good schedule, and then I splatted. smile May I blame this on the weather?

Deanna, I am so happy you had a great family night!

Mona - I loved the graphic as well! Thank you.

What is everyone up to today? I just finished what I label as Animal Chores, the feeding of my pet babies and taking care of the litter box and whatnot. Now, I am going to make a list and check it twice and I best not be naughty but be nice and follow it.

Oh my, did I just throw in a song phrase. Oh yes I did. The radio is already playing full days of holiday music. smile I will check back in later when I am a little more organized.

Chel
No worries Chel, family comes first. Lisa and I had a cozy little chat..lol
Good Morning!!!
Guess what - I'm a Chipmunk now in the forums!!!!!!
Woot.
Writing today, a trip to the library is on the agenda, and trying to keep warm. This windy weather has given me a bit of a chill.

How is everyone else today? I have Coffee next to me and two dogs who insist that I cover the small hole in the bottom of their bowl with food. smile
Keep toasty warm Chel. It's only a little nippy here in the morning and at night. It is nice to have the a/c turned off and the windows open though through the day. We've been having some beautiful Fall days lately.

Going to my mother in laws for dinner tonight. My husband started working again and he's been working during the evening to 10:30 p.m. so we can't get over there. But today he has a day off so we're able to go.

Have a great weekend. smile

And Happy Saturday!

This week ended up going by really fast. I haven't quite had the time to recover from my trip? How is it that recovery takes longer than the actual trip did??

Allyson, I hope you all had a wonderful dinner.

And Chel, I totally understand when those chores don't fall into place like they should. I had that happen a couple of times this week too...

But it's all good now - I have my coffee to drink, and I'm listening to SheDaisy Christmas music laugh It's a great morning!
It's beautiful in Columbus this morning. Fall sunshine, a nip in the air. We are going to a concert tonight to see Throat Culture and I am so excited!!!!!
We are having a birthday dinner for one of our best friends before the show.
I wish you all a safe and happy Saturday!
Throat Culture? That sounds like a procedure in a lab...lol
It sounds like the coffee friends are having a good Saturday.

I went out for a walk this morning before it rained and got windy. Hmm. Plan didn't quite work out. By the time I was ready, the rain had started, but not the wind. So I took an umbrella and did fairly well until I got caught by a sudden gust of wind which wrecked the umbrella. It was also raining more heavily by then, but fortunately no more wind. I dripped through the Arts Centre and considered stopping for a cheery cup of tea and cake. Decided that as I was so wet, I might as well go on home.

But at home I just changed clothes - and there was plenty of tea! Ah, November on the west coast of Wales. Builds character.

Chel, how was that concert? What kind of music do they play?

Mona, that sounds like a LOT of rain. I've never seen an umbrella wrecked in the wind, except on television LOL!! Glad you could dry off and have tea to warm you up.

I'm up ridiculously early for a Sunday (I woke at 4:15am). So I started the dishwashwer, and brewed some coffee. And I think I'll just do some writing.

My son is home for the weekend, so we'll probably have a family breakfast - but I don't see that happening for another four hours or so LOL!!! So, that is plenty of time to myself smile

I figured out some website stuff yesterday and I'm so proud! I added a newsletter pop-up, so first time visitors can sign up for my newsletter. I also created something called an automation - where they get a free report that is automatically sent to them when they sign up.

I've NEVER automated anything, so this is pretty exciting!

So my coffee blend this morning is an Autumn Blend from Starbucks. It is very tasty!
Deanna, you can't have lived anywhere that's wet and windy. This isn't my first umbrella casualty and I've certainly seen a lot of dead ones in refuse bins on windy days! Unless the wind is very strong, keeping the umbrella pointed in the direction of the wind is tricky, but it works. Unfortunately, intersections and buildings can affect the wind current locally and suddenly you've got the wind - especially a gust of wind - coming from a different direction.

I find that the best strategy, if you can get away with it, is just to stay indoors on such days. LOL
Happy Sunday!

Tea, Rain and Wind, a perfect combination, Mona!

Allyson, I know "Throat Culture" is a funny name. It's an a cappella group here in Columbus. Now, whenever I listen to them, I will think medical procedure. smile

Deanna, I am proud of you as well. I get a bit befuddled with website building and social media setups!

The concert last night was amazing! We had a birthday celebration with our wonderful friends, Mike and Kerryl. It was Mike's birthday, and then we headed off to the concert and came back for Kerryl's homemade Peach Pie! It was a great night. And there was wine. smile

I am tying some loose ends up on one project and haven't dared to start another until I do some chores.

It's Out Loud Picture Book Reading day for the cats and dogs. So, far we have read two books.

Yes, I'm totally serious, I read to my pets. smile

Have a great day!

Chel
Good Morning Coffee Friends, and happy Monday!

I picked up a bag of Starbuck's Autumn Roast, and we've been brewing that up recently. It's pretty good!

I have holiday music playing, and my journals together. I plan on looking over all the books I have started! And then putting them in an order to get completed. I just feel this need to be more organized.

Mona, we do get the occasional winds and rain. But it's Southern California LOL!! That joke about it being sunny is really pretty spot on.

Though where I live is considered a desert area (sort of). We are in a valley with mountains on two sides. Through the pass between the two mountains we get pretty intense winds a couple of years. These are called "The Santa Ana Winds." I'm not sure why LOL!!

One year it was so windy I couldn't get my car door open (the wind was pushing against it. I had to go around and get in on the passenger side HA HA!!

We are supposed to be having an El Nino winter, which could mean rain. But I'm betting our El Nino year is probably like a regular wet winter where you're from. wink

Chel, I had to get used to social media too. I still don't know what's going on with my twitter account LOL!! I would seriously love to see you set up a social media page (Facebook) for your artwork.

And so glad you enjoyed that concert and birthday celebration smile

I love to read out loud. I was thinking about asking my mom and aunt if they'd like me to read "A Christmas Carol" to them. Or maybe "Little Women."

I hope everyone has an amazing day XOXOXOX
Good Morning Everyone - Vanilla Hazelnut in the Cope Coffee Pot this morning!

Deanna: Your coffee sounds delicious!

I love organizing my writing as well. I organize even after I've already organized!

I apologize for being so absent, I have a few things going that have to be completed in November. One of them may or may not be my NaNoWriMo novel. We will have to see, but I am working on it.

I have a few errands to run today and hope to check back in later.

Cloudy and cool today in Columbus.

I wish you all a great day!

Chel

It's cool and windy today here in Redlands California, while the coffee is hot and sweet!

I want to get a new video loaded today (I like to have one on my facebook pages).

And of course, get some writing done smile

I hope everyone has a great day!!
Good morning, ladies

I'm back in London now, though the weather today has been rather similar to what I left in Wales. Fortunately, although it was gloomy this morning, I made it to an appointment without there being any rain. And even ventured a walk through the grounds of a local stately home and had brunch in the garden center restaurant. Them made it to the bus just in time to avoid having to get out my umbrella.

I did need the umbrella to go to the store for a few things, but the wind didn't pick up until mid-afternoon, but it's really been blowing since then.

Happy to say that I've already done a good first draft of next week's article, so I'm making progress towards my goal of getting at least a week ahead. I'd actually like to be two weeks ahead, but I think we'll take this a step at a time.

My tea is by my side now. Cheers to you all!
Good Morning!
I am siting here with my coffee watching Breaking News. There seems to be Breaking News within Breaking News.
I woke up kind of anxious and overwhelmed, but a sharpened new pencil and some notepaper will help me sort out all the things I would like to accomplish today.
A little dreary today, I believe we are expecting rain.
I will check back in later, wishing you a wonderful morning.

Okay - got my hot cuppa, and am wrapped up in a shawl my mom crocheted, listening to holiday music - the classics; Bing Crosby, Andy Williams, Steve Lawrence and Edie Gourmet, and Perry Como. With maybe a bit of Jessica Simpson and Mariah Carey thrown in LOL!! Mostly the classics smile

I've been wracking my brain for a topic to record a video on. Maybe I'm just tired, I dunno. Yesterday I think I was stressing too much about my aunt - she had a bad spell the night before, which always sends me into a spin.

However, I did get to give a reading last night, and that helped me re-ground (as I LOVE giving readings). So I felt super happy last night, and have started off the day in quite a fine mood!

Happy Tea Time Mona smile And happy to hear about getting ahead on those articles. I was so happy being a few weeks ahead, but suddenly, I'm only a week ahead LOL!!! This month has gone by so quickly! And glad to hear your umbrella survived to see another day wink

Chel, we have had some windy, cool weather. When I went out on Monday, I was so surprised and delighted. I ended up not leaving the house at all yesterday.

Today I do need to run to the health food store and get some vitamins. And then get some of my mom's banking stuff taken care of. I probably won't do that till late morning.

Maybe by then I'll have a video talk idea wink

I hope everyone is having a great morning!!
I resisted Yahoo's attempt to interest me in the news this morning. I think the day starts better without the news. But no time for a leisurely tea, as it was off to the dentist. It doesn't take long there, but there's 2.5-3 hrs of traveling there and back. But I had my kindle with me, so that was ok. Had my tea later, and I admit, somewhat ashamedly, to succumbing to a blueberry muffin. My favorite tea/coffee place has the only muffins I've ever encountered in the UK that come up to American standards. And I mean good ones, not those cakey things that go all gummy and glue themselves to your teeth.

But gosh, 3:00 and it was already getting dark, and we're still a month from the solstice. I would so like just to stay on summer time and have a lighter afternoon. It would also put us on the same time as the rest of western Europe - at least during the winter.

Hope everybody's had a good day and inspiration for your creative efforts.

So coffee's brewed, holiday music is on, and I'm planning my day. I got out the first Harry Potter book to take to my mom later this morning. When I went to visit yesterday I found her reading! I was so happy and excited about that! She hasn't read since earlier this year - so this is quite a milestone. However, she was reading a complicated thriller, hence the Harry Potter - she wanted a familiar book to be her first companion. And we have PLENTY of those.

Mona, late last year, and this year till about April, I was spending about 2 hours in the car a day, five days a week, visiting my mom. I was SOOOOOO happy to have audible, and be able to listen to books and seminars and stuff while I was driving. WHAT a difference it made in all that travel time. And for sure, if I were the passenger, I'd definitely have had my kindle. When I was a teenager, and had a 90 minute bus ride to and from school every day, I ALWAYS had my nose in a book. They are just such friendly companions that help the time go laugh

I hope everyone has been having a good week smile

XOXOXO
Good morning, coffee friends

A dark and dreary day, but not much rain. I went to the cinema today, and had some chocolate ice cream (Ben & Jerry's chocolate fudge brownie). I'm now enjoying my tea, but no muffins or other goodies with it.

Next week's article at the stage where it's written, but still in need of polishing. I like that part. I feel a bit like Caroline Herschel polishing a telescope mirror, taking something of substance but too rough to be of any use, and - I hope - turning it into something that to focus on the subject.

Deanna, I'm glad your mom is wanting to read again. Books are such good friends. I've never had regular long drives to do, but friends with commutes have also blessed the invention of audio books.

Another ridiculously beautiful day here in Southern California. It's supposed to be in the low 80s - so sandal weather still wink

My daughter and I will be giving the house a good cleaning today and tomorrow in preparation for a house guest next week for our Thanksgiving break.

I also found some old candy dishes my family used to use when I was very young. I've decided to send them to my sister because her kids are still pretty young, and it'll be fun to create a tradition with them - hopefully making it likely that one of them will claim the dishes into their family once they are adults. They were in my mom's stuff when we packed up her home. Maybe I should ask her for the story about them before I ship them off - that way my sister has the story to pass along.

It's funny, I'm really enjoying the holiday music, but I'm SOOOOO not ready for December 1st to get here. I want it to be October 15 again.

Mona, I hope you get some sunshine soon smile And YAY on that article. I love that excitement too.... of getting the article nearly there... knowing it's filled with such potential.

Have a great day everyone!
Good afternoon/evening, coffee friends

It didn't rain much today, but the temperature was less than half what Deanna is getting in southern California. But still warmer than Colorado where they've had lots of snow.

This evening I went with a friend to walk around the "Enchanted Woodland". This is done each pre-Christmas in the gardens of Syon Park, the west London pied-a-terre of the Duke of Northumberland.

I've written about Syon House, which has an astronomical connection as well as a connection to the Jamestown colony and the Smithsonian.

Two-thirds of November have passed now, so I hope everybody is happy that at least half of the planned work for the month is done.
Hi guys, I'm late, I know.
I would like to borrow two more months for this year.
Does anyone have an extra two months I could borrow?
I'm pretty sure I won't be winning a NaNoWriMo badge.
You have to write words that makes sentences to get one of those.
I kind of over estimated the projects I could complete in November.
I am working on the novel, and will continue to do so, just no 50,000 badge for me.

It was a trade-off - a good trade-off so I can finish the book I'm working on for our new library's dedication!

We had eggs for dinner tonight. I love breakfast at night. Does anyone else ever have eggs and potatoes for dinner?

In weather news, a bit chilly here and I believe our weather man said somethings about snow!

The Buckeyes play tomorrow and that statement makes me crave chocolate. Hmmm... I think I have some M & M's stashed somewhere.

I hope you all have a good night, and wonderful Saturday morning. I will catch up with you later in the day!

Hugs, Chel

It's been sooooooo long ...

It's truly been a hectic and terrible month. My father overdosed on NyQuil and landed himself in the hospital for a week. He's also been diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer. And, my husband had a grand mal seizure which landed him in the hospital, too. I feel like I'm living in 3 different hospitals. I can tell you pretty much all the ins and outs of each!

This coming week ... they will both be back in the hospital for their respective conditions.

Needless to say, I have written NOTHING. NADA. ZIP. ZILCH. NIENTE. I will not be winning any awards from NaNoWriMo or BO. Today, is my first day back. Getting back on the bicycle ...

And PLEASE DO NOT feel badly for me. We all will go through it at one time or another in our lives. It just IS. Venting is enough for me.

Right now, I'm enjoying the writing process, a cup of coffee from my new Ninja coffee maker, and eating almond butter straight from the jar ... with a spoon. I should skip the spoon and just use my fingers. THOUGHTS????? :P

Alice! YES, it has been a while - you've got a lot going on (but that's not feeling sorry, okay wink ) and you're right. We all go through this type of [censored] [censored].

My recent [censored] was my aunt going off the deep end again. Which was followed up by about six falls (oy, that woman falls all the time - but she knows how to do it - duck and roll). But her caregivers have it under control, and she's safe - and my big lesson is to keep remembering I can't put things back the way they were.

I was rewarded with seeing my mother reading a book. This is a milestone, and I'm so happy!!! I'm still doing the happy dance, and I just ordered her two, no, that's now three books off of Amazon LOL!

And I say yes to the spoon - almond butter is a bit challenging to get off your keyboard keys once it's dried (mmmm.... not that I know that from experience or anything LOL).

I got some coconut peanut butter (by Earth Balance) on Thursday and OOOOOH it's some good stuff. I've been eating THAT with a spoon, cuz I've been practicing food combining HA HA!!! No crackers!

Chel, I'm not getting a badge either, instead I'm celebrating how fun it's been to chat with you about writing, and get my workbook organized (I'm up to almost 13,000 words).

So, are you supposed to eat chocolate when you watch a football game? Maybe I SHOULD start watching football LOL!! That means I'd HAVE to buy some M&Ms.

And Mona, just WOW! I clicked on the link to those pictures of the park you visited - and calling that park "Enchanted" seems a bit of an understatement. How beautiful!!

Okay, so today I've a big (though not too big) box of paperwork that needs to be sorted and then filed or shredded. It's my last box (that I know of) and I'm EXCITED about that!!

I will probably get the next chapter in my workbook done, because I feel on a roll with that.

So, I hope everyone has an amazing Saturday.
Alice, Hello! Yep, it's life. And I cheer you to live, drink coffee, and eat almond butter STRAIGHT FROM THE JAR!

Mona, I enjoyed the pictures as well!!!

This week feels really short, probably because everyone seems to be wrapping up their week on Tuesdays and whatnot.

No NaNoWriMo winner at our house, but I am fine with that. Still writing, yet, I am working on another project as well as working on my Teen Site.

I LAUNCHED to Stage 2!!!!! Yes!

I am wishing you all a great day as my dryer buzzes!!!!

Hugs, Chel
Good (probably) afternoon, coffee friends

Alice, life seems to have a way of ensuring we don't get overly complacent. Good to see you back. But hmmm, I don't think almond or peanut or any butter should be eaten with the fingers. Deanna's right about the likely effect on your keyboard ... or a book or magazine ... or really, anything you touch. But almond butter sounds good. I've never seen it here, maybe I shop in the wrong places.

So NaNoWriMo badges for anyone. Means I'm not alone. But it does sound as though there are other accomplishments. Well done, everybody.

My regular brew is beside me, and I just finished the most delicious piece of toasted focacia bread - gluten free! I am a bread lover, however, it isn't always so kind wink So this was a delight!!

I won't be getting my NaNo badge either, but I'm a good 12,000 or so words into my book - I decided to work on a workbook that I can load here on my site, AND use it when I go give talks and teach - I'll have a PRODUCT to sell!! YAY!!!

I get to hit the grocery store this morning for our Thanksgiving festivities. Hubby usually does the shopping on Tuesday evening (he thinks he does a better job than I do, so I let him) but he wasn't feeling very good last night (recovering from a cold). So I'm dragging my daughter and her boyfriend to the store with me this morning so I have support staff LOL!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!
Good Morning Coffee Friends, and Happy Saturday after smile

I hope that those who celebrated Thanksgiving had a great holiday. We did - we took the meal to my mom and aunt (since my mom can't yet get out of bed) and also two of my friends joined us - so it was merry indeed smile

Yesterday I watched tv a good part of the day. It was nice to recover smile

I am still working on my workbook - it keeps taking a new turn LOL!!!

Have a great Saturday!
Good day, Coffee Friends

I hope you had an enjoyable Thanksgiving and haven't needed too much recovery time.

The Sun was out this morning, but disappeared early on and it's been gloomy this afternoon. Two Swiss friends are visiting England, and I took them to Kew Gardens. We had scones and tea while we were there.

We're meeting up for dinner later one, and I'm hoping it doesn't decide to rain when I go out then.

This morning my fresh brew includes Duncan Donuts Coffee Creamer - it's become my favorite!

Well, we got through Thanksgiving weekend without doing any shopping (except a quick trip to grocery store), and yesterday we took town our autumn decorations, and got our Christmas tree up. So far, it's just lights and garland - my daughter and I were too tired to full-on decorate LOL! So we'll do that later today.

I was up ridiculously early today - 3:44am! I think it's hormones LOL!!

I hope everyone has a great day smile
I'm here! It's almost evening in Ohio, and I am sipping on a cup of Earl Grey Tea!

Our Thanksgiving was wonderful. And this weekend, my friend Kelly is coming to visit from Virginia. I am very excited.

Although I did not win NaNoWriMo this year, I continue to spend time with my novel and I'm also working hard on another project.

Whew, where did this year go? It seems like just yesterday when I received the email welcoming me to the Teen Site at Bellaonline.com. Goodness, September suddenly blended into December.

I hope you are all well and I have made it my resolution this month to stay more connected.

Sometimes, Life just gets in the way.

Hugs, Chel
grin
Good Morning Coffee Club Friends!!!

Today, it's mostly about BellaOnline with an added sprinkle of house chores. Some drawing, some dog and cat cuddling, and reading.

Gray and Gloomy in Columbus, Ohio, yet not too cold.

We have friends coming in for the weekend. That will be fun.

I going to complete my courses in the second stage of Launch. I'm really excited about the Post Card one. I think I might make a set of Holiday Cards. smile

How are you guys doing? Doesn't it seem that the time between September and December just flew?

Chel
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 12/03/15 07:10 PM
Hi Coffee Friends smile It's 3pm in the afternoon, and I'm finally getting a chance to pop on the forums.

Chel, though I've never been much of a tea drinker, I'm jelling for some decaf!! So it's heating in my microwave right this moment mmmmm.....

How fun to have friends over!

Did you ever get the postcards to work?

I hope everyone is having a peaceful day XOXOXOX
Hi Deanna, sorry I drove you crazy last night, I was worried about you! smile
Also, Connie helped me with a question about the Post Cards, and they are not working at this time, maybe it went down when the server had problems before.

I am cleaning as our first guest will not arrive until after 8 pm, that is Kelly coming from Waynesboro,Virginia, and then Jeff's friend Terry is coming from Fort Wayne, Indiana tomorrow!

How is everyone else. Time seems to be flying these days!

I wish you all a great weekend.

Chel
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 12/03/15 11:36 PM
Hi Chel, and you didn't drive me crazy at all!! Actually, you were a nice little distraction LOL!!!

Oy about how fast time is flying!!! It already feels like this morning was yesterday LOL!!
Not sure what is going on with my settings, but I'm not getting notifications at all over the last week. I checked and updated my watched forums/posts but the ones I watch were all set ok.
HA HA Allyson, I never get any notifications, even though I have them set. I just try to jump in the same places every day LOL. First thing - coffee! laugh
Good Morning Coffee Friends, and happy Saturday. This morning's brew is a Starbucks Autumn blend that I found at our local TJ Maxx LOL!! They have an interesting food section - lots of fun stuff.

Yesterday my kids and I went and saw Mockingjay Part 2 - I really enjoyed that entire series.

This morning I am giving a reading, and then REALLY REALLY hoping to get some writing done!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day XOXOX
Good Morning Coffee Friends, and happy Sunday. I was up at 5am today, but that's cool - I fell asleep by like 9pm LOL!!!

I am so pleased with the articles I got written yesterday, so now I'm a couple of weeks ahead of the game. I also nearly got a video recorded, but first I ran out of space (after recording about 20 minutes), and I had to delete a bunch of songs, then my aunt called me in the middle of it - twice! I need to remember to set my phone on airplane mode when I'm recording LOL!!! By the time I could get back to it, it was getting too dark.

Who knows, maybe this year Santa will bring me an official camcorder wink

So what's everyone up to today?
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 12/08/15 10:57 AM

I hope everyone's week is off to a good start.

I'm enjoying my regular morning blend with my Duncan Donuts coffee creamer. I have a super early day of babysitting my aunt and mom, so don't really get to get into my morning ritual like I normally would. But I wanted to pop in and say hi!!

I miss you guys!!!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 12/11/15 10:49 AM

Happy Friday!

This morning as I enjoyed my first cuppa, I was thinking about how this morning is a new moon. I love new moons. Well, I love all the moons, so I guess what I love is paying attention to the phases wink

So with a new moon we release energies, and then start building up to something new.

Anyway, I'm not sure what I'll do today. I need to finish up my talk for this Sunday, and my son comes home later for holiday break - he'll be here just over three weeks now YAY!!!

And I need to check on my mom and aunt. Honestly, that fills me with a bit of dread - my aunt has been so exhausting lately. Sunday-Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday I spent so much time with her (for various reasons) that I was too exhausted to get any of my own stuff done. And it's emotionally draining. I really need a better plan when it comes to managing things over there!

So yesterday was all about me LOL!! And it was a NICE day!

Anyway, time for that second cuppa. I'm drinking out of a smaller cup today, so that means an extra cup LOL!!!

Have a wonderful day!
Deanna, I am sipping a cup and thinking about what you said about a better plan. I am also a caregiver to a person with high needs. Sometimes, the best plan is just to keep putting one foot in front of the other, keep on keeping on, and recognizing that they need us, for now. Other things will not get done. That's the nature of caregiving. You have always stood by me, and I stand by you.

Glad to have coffee today. I always love starting the day with a cup and a friend.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 12/11/15 12:13 PM
Hi Connie!! It is always good to start the day with a cup and a friend smile

And ya, since I can't figure out my next step, I just keep doing that - putting one foot in front of the other. At least I can do that LOL!! XOXOXOX
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 12/11/15 03:03 PM
One foot in front of the other. I'm not currently having any emotionally taxing engagements. But I am trying to walk like a penguin. I read that this was how to walk on ice. I've been practicing it the last few days in places not too icy. (I even watched some nature videos of penguins before I left.) Putting one foot in front of the other can be more difficult than I thought.

But I'm still enjoying my tea. Hope you all keep enjoying your coffee.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 12/11/15 04:22 PM
Oh Mona, I absolutely LOVE the image you've created for me here LOL!!

And, it brought to mind one of my favorite songs from the Christmas special "Santa Claus is Coming to Town."

Put one foot in front of the other
And soon you'll be walkin' 'cross the floor
Put one foot in front of the other
And soon you'll be walkin' out the door!
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 12/12/15 05:50 AM
Deanna, Santa Claus won't have to come to town for me. I feel as though we're already in his territory. The ship is in port now and I'm in the library. I turned around to look at the view through the panoramic windows. Took my breath away. Rugged mountains/hills covered in snow. The sky is a uniform grey, but a luminous grey - strange and beautiful, the Arctic light. The fjord is calm - from the angle I'm viewing it's a darker grey than the sky and it looks like an expanse of field rather than fjord. Monochrome like an Ansel Adams photo except for the lights of a town. I've just popped around to look at the view of the main part of the town on the other side of the ship. Lights and a fresh coating of snow on the buildings make it another Christmas card view.

And it's almost time for elevenses!
I'm loving your festive profile picture Deanna, it's great. As you know from FB my tree is done, so now today I have the fun and frustrating task of setting up the cute little winter cottages and figuring out how to link them all together to plug in somewhere! lol

Anyway, for now, enjoying my Starbucks house roast in a Rachel Ray holiday mug. Going to nip out for groceries in a bit before Joe goes to work at 1 p.m., THEN I have to make a wreath for the door. It's a traditional thing we do now at our house making one out of the trimmed parts of the tree and decorating it. It's kinda fun coz it's always original each year.

Enjoy your day my love. See you around on some social network I'm sure this weekend. Have a great one!
Good Morning Coffee Friends, and happy week after Christmas! I have really missed everyone! I hope everyone had a great holiday.

I really love the week before Christmas, but I also love the week after, because it feels exciting to start planning for the new year.

I gave a talk a week and a half ago, and got some new clients - so I'm super excited about that. And for Christmas, my hubby gave me a lamp made for creating lighting while doing video. So I'm super excited to start a live stream, once a week. I was hoping to have my first one this week, but I think I'll do next week instead.

So what's everyone up to?
I'm being spit out on the backside of the Christmas festivities. But, like you Deanna, I love the week after, because of the excitement of planning the new year. I get another opportunity to press the reset button.

Today, I plan to clean a little and also to collect a bag full of garbage from upstairs (my elderly parents' hoarding nightmare). I worked up there yesterday and collected 3 bags of trash containing empty boxes from things we no longer have, very old paperwork, broken stuff that we just can't seem to part with, etc ...
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 12/29/15 12:44 PM
Hi Deanna and Alice and Everybody

It's all pretty quiet here. I've been writing - and have managed to get a week ahead, so what I'm working on now is for next week. Am still working towards my goal of getting two weeks ahead, so I have space for emergencies and traveling without internet.

And one of my Christmas books was Colm Toibin's Nora Webster which I'm very much enjoying reading. I haven't read anything by him before - he's a very fine writer.
I wish all of the Coffee Club members a very happy new year!
Spending the evening with my husband and our animal family. Looking forward to a great new year, surprises and adventures!!!!!
Hi! I have also been cleaning and going through things to keep, trash and give away. I wish to be a bit lighter in material things in our house. We have collected things during the past years that we have not and will never use. I love this time of year, especially the New Year. It makes me feel hopeful and adventurous!
I'm watching the Super Bowl and drinking Mocha Swirl Coffee.
Where are my coffee buddies!

Chel
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 02/18/16 12:52 PM
Hi everybody. I hope you're all still taking time to enjoy your coffee. Chel, I hadn't seen your posting this month, was just back from spending the weekend at Astrofest. I wrote about it and got some ideas for future articles too.

I got a new teapot for Christmas so bought some good Darjeeling from the brew shop that sells such things. Lovely.

Thought coffee friends might like to see how British astronaut Tim Peake brews coffee on the space station. (Can't help but suspect it's not as good as Peet's.)
Hi Mona and everyone!
I am still here and writing for my sites, I have just been a bit absent from the forums as my husband fell down our steps and hurt himself pretty bad. He is a dialysis patient and it kind of threw us for a loop. All is well, he is on the mend, I've just been in overdrive on the care taking end of things!
Miss you all so much!
Chel
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 02/22/16 10:16 PM
Chel, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's accident. Stairs are a menace. (Though curbs may be even more hazardous.) I'm glad to hear he's recovering.

Today I enjoyed a leisurely pot of tea in a cafe in town. I had a blueberry muffin with it - which was very good. The Brits usually don't get muffins, but this passed the test. Still not quite as good as a coffee place near me in London which has really superb blueberry muffins. (That's pretty much it for my experience with good muffins in Britain, unless I make them myself.)

Good wishes to you and your spouse.
Posted By: Alice - Weight Loss Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 03/12/16 05:54 PM
Happy Saturday, my dear friends. I keep saying I'm hopping back on the wagon, but then life happens.

My father passed away last Saturday (Cancer and Dementia). The docs had estimated 6 months ... he lived for 5.

"Busy" does not adequately describe the last 5 months. But, I have spent the week sorting paperwork that got heaped into bags and boxes throughout this ordeal. Cleaned up considerably - meaning better organization.

And today, I am doing for me - I'm writing. I was thinking over the past 2 weeks how frustrated (maybe a touch angry) I had become, because I've been caring and doing for so many and haven't had time to do what fills my soul. Now I feel guilty that I even allowed myself to feel that way. *sigh*

This morning, I had a cup of Organic Coffee with grass fed butter and cold pressed organic coconut oil. It was rich, filling and delicious. I started it about 2 weeks ago. And I have to say, that I feel amazing.

How are y'all doing?
Dear Alice, although we have never met, I am very sorry about your father. I understand the loss of parents.

My mother passed away in 2013 from Cancer and Dementia.

I also understand your guilt and it is a tough bug to wrestle with.

Do for you!

Hugs from Ohio.
Chel
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 03/13/16 03:54 PM
Alice, I am so sorry to hear about your dad.

I am very glad to hear that you are "doing" for YOU. I really believe that we have to do for ourselves first, or we get to energetically scattered to be of any service to anyone else - included our loved ones who need a high level of care from us.

I am SO learning about boundaries - and how setting them, and honoring them, actually makes me a more compassionate person. I found myself getting very resentful, and now that I'm better with boundaries, that resentment is fading away. I'm not always the most popular person - especially with my aunt who wants a ton of attention, but I'M doing so much better. :::whew:::

I really have a feeling I'm going to LEARN a LOT this year LOL!!!

I have heard about coffee and butter and coconut oil. I'm fascinated!!! I'm going to go check your site for more info!!!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 03/16/16 03:05 PM

We have been having some pretty lovely Spring weather here in Southern California over these last couple of days. It's really been good for inspiring the desire to clean out stuff LOL!!! My kids took a trunk load of stuff to a local donation center yesterday, and it felt SOOOO good to get that stuff outa here!

Today I may shop for an office chair - I want to get my office in order, and I'm just about through the last of my mom's and aunt's paperwork (sorting, shredding) which means my office is almost useable again! YAY!!!

I just have a reading to do this morning, and then out into a day of sunshine laugh

I miss you all!! And I hope you are having a great week. XOXOXOX
Not too cold, not too hot.
Breezy, some showers here and there predicted.

Deanna, did you get a new office chair?

I miss you guys, things have just been hectic at home with my husband. He is having a rough patch.

Hugs, Chel
Hey guys! I'm back in! I got locked out of the forums and one of my sites - but Lisa fixed that a little while ago for me. I miss my coffee friends.

I'm sorry your husband is having a hard time of it lately. I hope he feels better soon.

Any plans for Easter? I think I may be cooking as we haven't been invited to the in-laws (lol) and my husband actually gets the day off Easter Sunday (with pay no less)!

I'll be back, but in the meantime have a wonderful weekend!
Posted By: Alice - Weight Loss Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 03/29/16 10:58 AM
Deanna, did you find a new office chair yet?

Chel and Deanna, Thank you both for your sweet words.

Unfortunately, I couldn't set boundaries with my father. If I turned my back for one minute, he was outside walking on the highway or crawling inside dumpsters or peeking in other people's windows ... he needed constant attention. Anytime I sat down to take some me time, he'd be on the move.

It's very windy and chilly here in NY, today.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 04/09/16 12:24 PM

I was up this morning at 4:30am - crazy, right?

How is everyone doing?

Things are good here. Though I feel like I'm spinning my wheels a lot more than I need to LOL. It just always seems like there is so much to do. My aunt has taken a turn for the worse, so she's in bed all the time now, and has to be fed. She's confused all the time. But my mom continues to do better, and that's such a relief.

I am counting down the days till June 10 - that's when my son's first year of college is over, and he comes home! I see him every few weeks now, but it's just so nice to have him here LOL.

And we are getting my daughter her puppy tomorrow! She and I are very excited! It's a little Golden Retriever. I'll share pics on my FB page laugh

Anyway, what's everyone up to?
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 04/09/16 12:25 PM
Oh and YES, I got my new office chair!!! Now I just need to get my desk cleaned off so I can use it LOL!!! Guess I have a project for today wink
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 04/10/16 08:47 AM

And Happy Sunday! This morning I'm drinking my Teeccino Amaretto brew with some Duncan Donuts Sweet Cream. Yum!!!

Today is a big day - we are picking up my daughter's puppy. We have not had a puppy in the house for 11 years now - so we did a lot of puppy proofing!! And, I'm sure that we'll discover new things to put away as we welcome the newest member of our family smile

I did so much work in my office yesterday - it's feeling really fabulous! It's so nice to have a little space of my own, especially on the weekend when hubby is watching car shows on TV.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday XOXOXO
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Re: Good Morning Coffee Friends - 06/23/16 01:23 PM
If any of you have been longing to train as astronauts, but felt that giving up coffee was too much of a sacrifice . . . you're in luck! I've just been reading about ISSpresso, the espresso machine on the International Space Station. [Photo: A close-up look at the ISSpresso machine by Argotec, Lavazza and the Italian Space Agency (Photo: Argotec)]

The first person to try out the coffee from the new machine was Italian astronaut Samantha Cristoforetti on her 2014-5 mission on board the ISS.

I am not a coffee drinker, but British astronaut Tim Peake has said that you can make a good cup of tea on board the ISS. In which case that's an improvement over parts of Colorado where you can't get the water hot enough.
This year, I am making smaller portions of Christmas treats. That means that I will be "stuck with" a half can of sweetened condensed milk. What to do? What to do? AH! I will use it for coffee creamer! It is a decadent treat, but I just can't waste that half can. LOL
© BellaOnline Forums