BellaOnline
Posted By: MargeKnits Felting your knitting - 07/21/08 06:16 PM
I've not felted anything yet, but at some point hope to make a purse or bag. Has anyone made one they particularly like or would recommend?
Posted By: Claybird Re: Felting your knitting - 07/22/08 01:32 AM
Last winter I made a purse for a Christmas gift and felted it. I was a little nervous about putting it through the washing machine, so just washed it by hand in hot water, scrubbing it well, but that didn't work. It REALLY needed the rough-and-tumble of the machine, and once I got up my nerve and threw it in it came out nicely felted. I found the instructions, which were pretty simple, in a book of knitted bags that I found in the library (don't remember the name) and then I added a lining of shiny cotton fabric because the purse seemed sort of unfinished without it.
The gift was a big success!
Posted By: MargeKnits Re: Felting your knitting - 07/22/08 02:53 AM
I agree, I think putting my knitting in the washer is scary, but the results are well worth it.

Posted By: Tina from Sweden Re: Felting your knitting - 07/22/08 11:49 AM
Originally Posted By: Marge_Knitting
I agree, I think putting my knitting in the washer is scary, but the results are well worth it.

Me too, I had to ask my more experienced friends over and over again to be sure what temperature to use.
Posted By: CrochetQueen Re: Felting your knitting - 07/24/08 08:33 PM
Be careful, it is very addicting, hahahahaha. I heard a tip that said to throw a few tennis balls in to help agitate but did not have any so I had this little bathtub duck with a bunch of little ducks and I threw that it instead. It worked, it made it felt faster, I now have the tennis balls and I guess I will just have to felt something else.....Well I have to make sure the tennis balls work.
© BellaOnline Forums