BellaOnline
Posted By: MargeKnits Knitting Bag - 07/14/08 07:52 PM
What do you carry in your knitting bag you can't do without. I always have a pencil or pen to make notes on changes, adjustments or comments. In addition I can make a mark on the chart (if I'm using one) about where I left off.

What do you carry?
Posted By: CountryKitty Re: Knitting Bag - 07/15/08 02:23 AM
A pair of scissors, a crochet hook for dropped stitches, a yarn needle for joining ends, a knitter's abackus-style row-counter bracelet, a notepad and a retractable pen.

I generally carry 2 projects in case I should hit a snag with one, or get bored with the other (but then again I have like 4-6 UFO's {UnFinished Objects} at any given time).
Posted By: MargeKnits Re: Knitting Bag - 07/15/08 02:38 AM
Ooh, I've not heard of the row-counter bracelet I will definitely check that out. I also often take a couple of projects with me, especially when spending the day waiting for appointments or sports to finish. smile
Posted By: Jane - Native American Re: Knitting Bag - 07/15/08 03:16 PM
So THAT's what you call all the half finished projects I have in different project bags in my work room. I'll have to tell my husband the room is full of UFO's, that's why it's hard to walk through.
Posted By: MargeKnits Re: Knitting Bag - 07/15/08 03:25 PM
There are days my living room resembles Area 51. The other day I was trying to find a set of needles, so I cleaned out all of my project bags and found about 6 UFO's. I have a goal to finish 5 of them this summer.
Posted By: yogini01uk Re: Knitting Bag - 09/16/08 07:30 AM
What is a row counter bracelet? Is it only available in USA or can I get one here in UK?
Posted By: MargeKnits Re: Knitting Bag - 09/16/08 03:24 PM
I found some instructions to make one online.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Posted By: Rinda Re: Knitting Bag - 09/19/08 01:23 PM
I keep some "stickie notes" in my bag. I usually have one stuck to the pattern directions for counting, marking what row I ended on, or figuring out increases, etc. Once I am done with the project, I write on the pattern any information that was particularly helpful for next time.
Posted By: MargeKnits Re: Knitting Bag - 09/19/08 08:44 PM
I like the idea of stickie notes in your bag, they are great for keeping place in a pattern or chart. And they don't wreck anything at all.
© BellaOnline Forums