BellaOnline
Posted By: Linda19 British Summertime - 03/26/11 10:25 PM
British Summer Time at 1am on Sunday 27th March.

Clocks go forward one hour.
Posted By: Eileen Brit TV Re: British Summertime - 03/26/11 10:34 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Linda! That gives me - erm - one hour more, or one hour less, to get my article in this week then?

Ah right - one hour less. Better get on with it then
Posted By: Linda19 Re: British Summertime - 03/26/11 10:43 PM
Good luck, looking forward to reading it.
Posted By: Asha - Dreams Editor Re: British Summertime - 03/28/11 06:52 PM
Do you think British summer time works?

Do you think it should be different for different countries?

I wrote an article about this from a Scottish perspective - see below. I would welcome your comments

Playing With Time
Posted By: Les Ex-BellaOnline Ed. Re: British Summertime - 04/01/11 12:34 PM
Excellent article Asha!

It's a good thing that birds don't have to rely on clocks or getting light out after 9AM could be a real problem for them.

Mexico is infamous for its non-Western concept of time. Little wonder then that its Daylight Saving Times starts somewhat late, the first Sunday in April, as spring has been here for quite a while already. I wrote an article about it for next week.
Posted By: Asha - Dreams Editor Re: British Summertime - 04/02/11 05:50 PM
Thanks I'm glad you enjoyed the article Les.

Last week I was in Bristol and loved hearing loud birdsong daily. Partly to do with where I was staying - backing on to a common.

I look forward to your article on the Mexico site cool
Posted By: Phyllis Doyle Burns Re: British Summertime - 04/02/11 06:03 PM
Very good article, Asha.

Now that I have raised my children and my grandchildren are older and I have retired, I just set my own times. I get up when it is still dark, sit on my patio with my coffee and watch the sun come up over my little mountain. I take a short nap in early afternoon and retire for the night when I am sleepy. I never did like living by the clock, I prefer going along with Nature.

Changing the clocks for daylight savings time has always been a frustration for me.
Posted By: Asha - Dreams Editor Re: British Summertime - 04/02/11 06:12 PM
Phyllis thanks for the feedback.

I too work more with my inner clock and nature than the times outer clocks give us. I am more an owl than a lark, hence the recent change to British Summer Time has thrown my system and I am still adjusting.

Posted By: Linda19 Re: British Summertime - 04/02/11 07:26 PM
1Asha, one year I didn't change the clocks forward for two weeks because I didn't realise it was that time again. Nothing changed life went on, and it was only when I turned up for a dentist appointment an hour early that I realised I had been an hour behind everyone else

I don't wear a watch, I generally know what time it is because of the five prayers, time is an illusion. My inner clock works just fine! Oh and my two Rosy Bourkes wake me up at 6.30 am every morning no matter what!
© BellaOnline Forums