BellaOnline
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Books that changed your Life! - 03/17/09 06:55 PM
I was cleaning out my bookcase the other day and I ran across a couple of books that literally changed my life!

One of those was "Divine Guidance" by Doreen Virtue.

Another was "The Secret Language of Signs" by Denise Linn.

And "The Isaiah Code" by Gregg Braden.

These books had such an impact on me that they literally changed the way I think.

I know I could come up with more.... much much more LOL!

How about you??
Posted By: Lori-Marriage Re: Books that changed your Life! - 03/17/09 07:45 PM
The Bible, for sure. I was not raised in a Christian household. When I found a Bible and read about this man called Jesus Christ, a warm feeling of remembrance washed over me.

Christ--and the Bible--changed my life.

"Open Your Eyes" by Alexandra Stoddard opened me up to what had eluded me until then: seeing and understanding beauty. I was always in awe of those who could create beauty in their lives. After reading her book, it was as if I could see in technicolor for the first time. I was no longer afraid of color; I could see how light illuminates everything in the world in different ways.

"The Soul's Code: In Search of Calling" by John Hillman. Just fascinating. Made me realize that we already knew who we wanted to become before we were born, and everything in our lives help us define and refine that.

Stephen Covey and Anthony Robbins's books helped me understand people and movitation.

And, I really love and adore all of my cookbooks! Each one has helped shape my cooking style and brightened my everyday life. The authors have taken me around the world to explore cultures and have invited me into their private kitchens. They've inspired me to experience and embrace life...all through a simple recipe.

Gosh, books are such intimate connectors, aren't they?

smile
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Books that changed your Life! - 03/18/09 04:17 AM
Hi Lori,

I totally agree - books are intimate connectors!

The Soul's Code book looks really interesting! I want to check it out for sure smile

Oh, and YEAH about the Bible LOL! Everytime I read through it, it changes my life HA HA!

Joan Borysenko's book "A Woman's Journey to God" really touched me too.

Oh, and the Kryon books by Lee Carroll.

This really could go on all night he he he....

Posted By: luckylady7991 Re: Books that changed your Life! - 03/31/09 06:16 PM
Any more recommendations of books to read?
Posted By: Mattie a la Mode Re: Books that changed your Life! - 04/01/09 02:43 AM
I read "Ask and it will be given", last year. I forget the husband and wife authors. But I am sure you could google it. This book was amazing because it allows you to believe in yourself and to create the circumstances you need to get your requests. I now teach this philosophy to my kids. It is not hokey, believe... Mattie a la mode www.mattiealamode.com
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Books that changed your Life! - 04/03/09 04:40 PM
Oh yes, Askand It Is Given was a great book - by Esther and Jerry Hicks.

I also enjoyed The Greatest Secret of All by Marc Allen - in fact, here's my reveiw of it The Greatest Secret of All by Marc Allen
Posted By: BoomerGal Re: Books that changed your Life! - 04/26/09 06:52 PM
I've read all the books by Ester and Jerry Hicks and love them.

Two books that truly changed my life were by Wayne Dyer, Being in Balance, 9 Principals for Creating Habits to Match Your Desires and 10 Secrets of Success and Inner Peace.

I felt like a very different person after I read those two books.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Books that changed your Life! - 04/30/09 02:22 AM
Hi BoomerGal! I Love The Hicks and Wayne Dyer! I listened to his CDs a lot! And I love whenever he's on public television.
Posted By: Markie_G Re: Books that changed your Life! - 07/01/09 08:01 PM
the Secret. Goood book! Just visualize!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Books that changed your Life! - 07/04/09 03:49 AM
I LOVED the Secret too! I have to add a new one too... "Illusions" by Richard Bach. I read that when I was 14 or 15 and it really made an impact on me.
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Books that changed your Life! - 07/10/09 04:42 AM
I loved the Secret too!

But I also liked The Alchemist by Paulo Coehelo

It was inspirational, and was easy to visualize and was even exciting in a sort of Indiana Jones way!
It was thought-provoking.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Books that changed your Life! - 07/10/09 03:58 PM
Hi Mary, I loved the Alchemist too... have you read any of his recent books??
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Books that changed your Life! - 07/11/09 03:46 PM
I took out his most recent (I forget the title), and I never quite read it took it back and forgot about renewing- How about you?

I love the simple philosophy that it is something we always had we just needed to look further into ourselves to find it!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: Hodyah Re: Books that changed your Life! - 10/01/09 02:08 PM
The book that changed my life is the Bible. As a 14 year old teenager, I began reading this wonderful book. After a few years when I got married I still continued to read. As I began to have a deep relationship with Jesus it became more important. Sixteen years ago after my husband and I separated and finally divorced, this book gave me the encouragement and strength that I needed. It gave me hope. It showed me that despite trials and difficulties life can be lived victoriously. The Psalms with the focus on giving of thanks has made a great impact on my life. I have come to realise that despite what we may encounter and lose we can be thankful. John Bunyan's Pigrim Progress is one that I will always enjoy. His life is an inspiration.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Books that changed your Life! - 10/02/09 02:48 AM
Hi Hodyah, and welcome to the forums. And I totally agree. The bible is filled with inspiration smile
Posted By: Susan S Re: Books that changed your Life! - 10/07/09 05:44 PM
Hello. Has anyone read "The Shack" yet? It allowed me to feel ok about my relationship with God. I no longer had to feel that I was sub par if I didn't participate in an organized religion. Truly inspiration and empowering.
Posted By: Angie Re: Books that changed your Life! - 10/07/09 10:34 PM
I enjoyed it and passed the book onto others.

Simple Abundance made a huge impact on my life. It was the beginning of teaching me how to enjoy the little things in life. Forget the word 'enjoy'. It taught me to recognize the little things.
Posted By: Richefeller. Re: Books that changed your Life! - 11/26/09 02:28 AM
The book titled Rich Dad and Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki changed my view about making money in life generally. The book teaches real life experiences Harvard Business School might not teach you. Great book, highly recommended.
I loved that whole series. I have Cash Flow for Kids game.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Books that changed your Life! - 12/04/09 12:27 AM
Those both sound like great books - and I've seen them around forever! I'll have to make a point to pick them up! Noticing and appreciating the little things is important.
Posted By: BoomerGal Re: Books that changed your Life! - 01/02/10 03:23 PM
I just watched a 3 hour special on PBS with Wayne Dyer, talking about his new book Excuses Begone, which is wonderful reading for the new year. If you have any new year's resolutions, you should read this book for sure.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Books that changed your Life! - 01/15/10 02:25 AM
Hey Boomer Gal! I HAVE that book! I was hoping to start a study group with it, but that just hasn't panned out. Can you believe it!!!! So guess I'll be reading it on my own. Maybe I'll start a bookclub here and we can do it together.
Posted By: PattyS Re: Books that changed your Life! - 04/19/10 12:03 AM
I also like the Secret, but my favorite book for inspiration is Lessons for Living by Daniel H. Johnston. This book has pretty short chapters that are easy enough to read and get to the point. If I am ever down and need some solutions or advice, I just re-read a few chapters in that book and everything is in better prospective.
The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch

Both his book and the video of his lecture are awe inspiring to me. In the midst of what was ultimately a life ending disease, he reached out the the world as a whole and shared his enthusiasm for his family and his life.

When I'm having a grumpy day I think about his situation and his attitude and it puts things in perspective for me quickly.
© BellaOnline Forums