BellaOnline
Posted By: Meredeth King Old Fabric - 01/08/13 05:12 AM
Now I have a spliced fabric hanging on my window, made by my mum several years ago, thought it is still beautiful and practical, which reminds me the old house I lived in in my childhood, I guess everyone would have some old item related the beloved one. Will you show it?
Posted By: Yvonnie-Inspired Re: Old Fabric - 01/10/13 08:36 AM
Hi Meredith-

I think you are suggesting that having something old and or borrowed from a beloved should be on display within any home or on our person.

I think that is a lovely sentiment. At this time though, I don't have anything on display from a beloved.
Posted By: Meredeth King Re: Old Fabric - 01/18/13 09:40 PM
Oh~ Yvonnie, thanks for replying, I originally thought I am here doing a solo 'cause many of my posts would be ignored, this is a little hurt in fact.
Yeah, I want to know what kind of beloved items others would like to show us, i really miss the feeling with items accompany our daily life!
Posted By: Yvonnie-Inspired Re: Old Fabric - 01/19/13 11:18 PM
Meredith a slow response generally means I am on vacation. Please, don't take it personally grin

My great grandmother used to make quilts for her children and then her grandchildren. I wish I had gotten one. It would absolutely be on display.
Posted By: Ruby June Re: Old Fabric - 01/20/13 12:15 AM
Dear Meredith, I have one or two things from my loved ones who have died and I like to keep them on display, where I can see them on a daily basis. This is usually in the kitchen. I loved my sister very much and when we were younger we shared a little statue of a fairy sitting under an umbrella. Her husband gave this to me when she died because he knew how much it meant to me. Whenever I do dishes, I see the fairy and think of my sister, even talk to her. My brother and I shared a love for Star Trek and his wife gaqve to me a Star Trek key chain, which I keep next to the fairy on a little shelf in my kitchen. I'm sorry I don't know how to show you photos of my beloved items. I'm glad you have your fabric to remind you of fond memories.
Posted By: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Re: Old Fabric - 01/22/13 04:54 PM
Meredeth.....I can see how old fabric can be comforting to have around. I like old things from cherished loved ones around as well. Old handkerchiefs, a vase, a hand crocheted blanket.....all so good for remembering our loved ones.
Posted By: Meredeth King Re: Old Fabric - 01/23/13 04:27 AM
Originally Posted By: Yvonnie-Inspired
Meredith a slow response generally means I am on vacation. Please, don't take it personally grin

My great grandmother used to make quilts for her children and then her grandchildren. I wish I had gotten one. It would absolutely be on display.

Aha~Sorry Yvonnie for replying so late, Do not logging in very often for the busy internship! grin
Grandmothers are almost all benignant, aren't they? smile
Posted By: Meredeth King Re: Old Fabric - 01/23/13 04:40 AM
Originally Posted By: Ruby June
Dear Meredith,
I have one or two things from my loved ones who have died and I like to keep them on display, where I can see them on a daily basis. This is usually in the kitchen.

I loved my sister very much and when we were younger we shared a little statue of a fairy sitting under an umbrella. Her husband gave this to me when she died because he knew how much it meant to me. Whenever I do dishes, I see the fairy and think of my sister, even talk to her.

My brother and I shared a love for Star Trek and his wife gaqve to me a Star Trek key chain, which I keep next to the fairy on a little shelf in my kitchen.

I'm sorry I don't know how to show you photos of my beloved items.

I'm glad you have your fabric to remind you of fond memories.

Dear Ruby June, I am sorry for for hearing what happened to your sister, hope everything would be OK when there is still something for us to cherish in life. I am sure the Star Trek and the Star Trek key chain are the most precious things in world 'cause our most soft and beautiful feelings for the beloved ones are indeed related with these little things.
Hope there is affluent sunshine in your life sincerely! Hope everything is OK!! smile
Posted By: Meredeth King Re: Old Fabric - 01/23/13 04:46 AM
Originally Posted By: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor
Meredeth.....I can see how old fabric can be comforting to have around. I like old things from cherished loved ones around as well. Old handkerchiefs, a vase, a hand crocheted blanket.....all so good for remembering our loved ones.

Aha, Debbie thanks for sharing with us your old things, I love them too, old handkerchiefs, vase, hand crocheted blanket, I have those things listed in my house as well, in fact they all belong to the past and owned by my grandmother as well, But the point is that i love these things,and I am not willing to replace them with any other items. smile
Posted By: Yvonnie-Inspired Re: Old Fabric - 01/28/13 09:53 AM
Bringing up the idea of having old items from our loved ones is a beautiful sentiment. It makes me wonder if any of us are creating or gifting items of symbolism.

I am crocheting and sewing blankets for each of my daughters. Anyone else creating family heirlooms?
Posted By: Ruby June Re: Old Fabric - 01/28/13 01:35 PM
I do alot of things to create physical and non-physical, memories, to leave as family heirlooms. One cute thing I do is that for each grand-daughter, I bake a special cake for their birthdays. For each granddaughter, I decorate the cake with either a sleeping beauty, cinderella, or ariel tiny doll. They come with their little mice, or fish or whatever is appropriate to each character. When they get older, a time when they have their own families, each granddaughter will get the little character that has decdorated thier cake for their entire young life.
Posted By: Yvonnie-Inspired Re: Old Fabric - 01/28/13 08:42 PM
That is so precious. Thanks for sharing Ruby.
© BellaOnline Forums