BellaOnline
What are you and your family doing as unit these days? Are you doing anything besides commuting from one location to another?

What are you taking about at the dinner table? Does it go beyond what has happened today?

What makes you laugh? What are you reminiscing about lately?

My latest article, Creating Good Memories, asks you to do something new to create good memories and inspire your family.

Read the article and share with us the great things you are doing with your family.
Yvonnie, some of my happiest and best memories are centered around activities that we did with our children. In early September, we would head to the orchard and pick apples. What fun and laughter we had trying to get apples off the trees. As fall progressed, we would go to the pumpkin patch. Our children could have any pumpkin that they could carry out. It would take them awhile to get their massive pumpkins to the scales. They learned persistence and perseverance. In late October, on a bright and sunny fall day, we would go to the Christmas tree farm and roam the fields. That special tree was just waiting for us! We would tag the tree, then on the day after Thanksgiving, we would cut it down. As we walked to the tree, bitterly cold air blowing in our faces, we remembered our golden day when we found the tree. At that point, we were happy to have the tree picked out!
Those memories are beautiful Connie. Love that.

Thanks for sharing.
I love stopping by your forum. There is always something great going on.
We have found that a lot of time spent playing board games, reading books together or just the whole family playing and being silly has really been refreshing and great bonding time. It may sound cliche, but its true!
Thank you Connie! I love having you.

Merry & Bright,
Lisa-

Cliche, true, and wonderfully fulfilling.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers,
we seldom spend time together. ..
Find one thing that your family will do together, and do it weekly. It really does help bind you together.

For our family, it is the weekend meal. We are all adults with our own lives, but we come together over that meal. I try to make it special, but sometimes the special thing is that we are together.
Posted By: Omily Re: Inspire Your Family with New Activities - 01/19/13 02:45 AM
When I am at home, I feel very happy, because my mom will make delicious food, my father is very humorous. When we get together, we talk freely and happily. laugh
Sounds like a wonderfully comforting time.
We ALWAYS eat dinner together whenever we can. That is important for a family - it's a time to talk!
I am so envious of people who have a close and loving family. Many years ago I thought that at least my childhood was a good one but when I really started to think about it and remember the things that both my parents did it was just something I invented in my head or perhaps it was a wish. Are there good memories? Sure but they are tainted and they were even before my parents completely let go of their few positives and the little humanity they had in them. And it's not just my parents that are like all the rest of my family too, on both sides.
© BellaOnline Forums